Is the decision to allow spring sports practices to continue simply an individual district/school decision?

claynation

DeWine's order closing all schools didn't appear to include any regulations re: school extracurriculars. In fact, during his press conference yesterday, he specifically noted that "athletic events that exclude spectators" are permitted to continue (4:08 here:
).

So, barring any new orders from the OHSAA, is this just an individual school/district decision? Certainly there will be a competitive advantage this track season for the schools that are allowed to keep holding official team practices.

It seems to be a district decision. My district has a policy of no practice if no school and has banned all practice for all sports and all other activities until further notice.

How did this clown get to be governor? I'm conservative myself, but this clown lawyer has been a pariah on the public dole for almost 50 years!

I wish they would make a decision now about spring sports. It already looks like they are going to be cancelled because the NCAA already has said no spring championships.

DeWine's order closing all schools didn't appear to include any regulations re: school extracurriculars. In fact, during his press conference yesterday, he specifically noted that "athletic events that exclude spectators" are permitted to continue (4:08 here:
).

So, barring any new orders from the OHSAA, is this just an individual school/district decision? Certainly there will be a competitive advantage this track season for the schools that are allowed to keep holding official team practices.
It appears to be a decision to be made individually. My school has informed us that all after-school activities are cancelled for the next 3 weeks, effective immediately. Coaches may hold a brief meeting with their kids after school today and to allow kids a chance to collect any belongings to take home. There are to be no meetings, workouts, practices, games, etc. either on school grounds or anywhere else during the period that school is cancelled. Any coach found in violation of the directive will be terminated.

I'll gladly suffer the competitive disadvantage in exchange for doing what little I can control here to protect our people and in exchange for having a chance to be a part of something that resembles track and field competition at the end of the school year.

Last edited:
I wish they would make a decision now about spring sports. It already looks like they are going to be cancelled because the NCAA already has said no spring championships.

Yep, good-ole' NCAA that just screwed all the seniors in the country.

NCAA grants additional year of eligibility for spring athletes

With this being an Olympic year, will top echelon NCAA athletes be permitted to run meets like Drake and Penn since they will not include college divisions to hone their skills for the trials?