Is the 19th amendment racist?

OhioBobcatFan06

Today marks the 99th anniversary of the 19th amendment that allowed woman the right to vote... Except it was only WHITE woman that were allowed to vote.

“I will cut off this right arm of mine before I will ever work or demand the ballot for the Negro and not the woman.” - Susan B. Anthony

Today marks the 99th anniversary of the 19th amendment that allowed woman the right to vote... Except it was only WHITE woman that were allowed to vote.

“I will cut off this right arm of mine before I will ever work or demand the ballot for the Negro and not the woman.” - Susan B. Anthony

Your point?

The 19th Amendment
"The right of citizens of the United States to vote shall not be denied or abridged by the United States or by any State on account of sex.

Congress shall have power to enforce this article by appropriate legislation."

The 19th amendment, as shown above, cannot be considered racist. The efforts of state and local officials to prevent black women (as well as men) from voting is another matter matter entirely.

Susan B. Anthony, "
“It is not a question of precedence between women & black men. Neither has a claim to precedence upon an Equal Rights platform. But the business of this association is to demand for every man black or white, & for every woman, black or white, that they shall be this instant enfranchised & admitted into the body politic with equal rights & privileges.”

You realize she died in 1906 and you cherry picked that quote from 1866. Not sure where you are going with this other than to stir the pot.