Is it too hot?

It is what it is. More even I think. A high average. Nothing above 90 (yet) nor below 65 over night. Driest season I recall in the 25 years I've lived back near the lake. Haven't had any serious nor-easters, knock on wood. That's generally cyclical.

Normally I'd mow twice a week through to July, then once at least after that. This year I mow every two weeks, if that. Recent rain turned brown grass to green pretty quickly so ground water must be ok?

Seems like a normal year to slightly cooler then normal from April until now. Breaking 90 was never a big deal in the past. I expect at least 10-20 days every Summer to break 90. Probably not there yet.

It is what it is. More even I think. A high average. Nothing above 90 (yet) nor below 65 over night. Driest season I recall in the 25 years I've lived back near the lake. Haven't had any serious nor-easters, knock on wood. That's generally cyclical.

Normally I'd mow twice a week through to July, then once at least after that. This year I mow every two weeks, if that. Recent rain turned brown grass to green pretty quickly so ground water must be ok?

We haven't had to mow in probably a month. Not as burnt as it was a week ago before the rain, but still some brown spots.

Next two days will be ~95 here. 22 days over 90 so far where 33 total is the average. Looks like we are headed for 40 this year.

Normally, in late July/Early August we have a period where I can go several weeks without mowing.

That period came early this year 'til we got a couple good rains. Wouldn't hurt my feelings if we had another one. Stay hydrated! ?

In 1936 Cincinnati had a streak of 8 straight days of over 100 degrees. More recently (1983 and 1988) a streak of 3 days. I remember during the 88 streak I got some free firewood from some guys who had worked 12 hours cutting down some trees across the street.

Is it too hot for what?

Reminds me of a few childhood summers - we had some hot miserable days back in the 1960's.

Is it too hot for what?

Reminds me of a few childhood summers - we had some hot miserable days back in the 1960's.
Summer of 1988 was the hottest I remember. I loved excessive heat then. My age now it kind of gets to me LOl

In 1936 Cincinnati had a streak of 8 straight days of over 100 degrees. More recently (1983 and 1988) a streak of 3 days. I remember during the 88 streak I got some free firewood from some guys who had worked 12 hours cutting down some trees across the street.
1988 was brutal. I turned 19 that summer and was working as a laborer with a landscaping company. Good times LOL

I'll never overcome my hatred of cold weather, so I'll never complain that it's too hot. However, the humidity garners more of my attention each year. It seems like I have more difficulty breathing in humid conditions as the years go by.

Last edited:
I have had 25 straight days of 104+ temps.
It's definitely too hot to visit Vegas. Just hot-flashed back to my first trip there. 100 degrees when we landed at 11:30 PM. 107 in the shade the next day. Took my breath away.

My wife's nephew was our tour guide. I say, "Hey, can you take us to nice cool indoor shopping mall where we can sit and relax for a while?" So where does he take us? To an outlet mall, like Tanger's, natch.

While the ladies shop, I'm sitting on concrete bench outside - it's in the "shade", but my bones were melting. He said, "Hey, you're indoors when you go inside each store!"

I would have strangled him at that point, but he's 6-8 and I can't reach that high.

It's definitely too hot to visit Vegas. Just hot-flashed back to my first trip there. 100 degrees when we landed at 11:30 PM. 107 in the shade the next day. Took my breath away.

My wife's nephew was our tour guide. I say, "Hey, can you take us to nice cool indoor shopping mall where we can sit and relax for a while?" So where does he take us? To an outlet mall, like Tanger's, natch.

While the ladies shop, I'm sitting on concrete bench outside - it's in the "shade", but my bones were melting. He said, "Hey, you're indoors when you go inside each store!"

I would have strangled him at that point, but he's 6-8 and I can't reach that high.
Should've kneecapped him.

But it's dry heat!

What a bunch of $h!+ that saying is.

But it's dry heat!

What a bunch of $h!+ that saying is.
I can get behind that when it's 90 w/ low humidity, but 105+ is hot no matter what, and remember that official temperature readings are taken in the shade.

Once went for a run in Eastern WA when it was around 90 w/ 20% humidity. Took me 9 minutes to notice I was sweating. There are 75 degree days here when I can sit in a chair and break a sweat thanks to the humidity.

I'll never overcome my hatred of cold weather, so I'll never complain that it's too hot. However, the humidity garners more of my attention each year. It seems like I have more difficulty breathing in humid conditions as the years go by.
I'm the same way. When it is hot I'm outside all day. I worked in the field for 15 years on bridges and superstructures. Summers were awesome, winters were hell. I now spend three mos. in FL because of it. January and February took years off of my life. I do not even like walking to my truck anymore when it is cold. ?

I'm the same way. When it is hot I'm outside all day. I worked in the field for 15 years on bridges and superstructures. Summers were awesome, winters were hell. I now spend three mos. in FL because of it. January and February took years off of my life. I do not even like walking to my truck anymore when it is cold. ?

You strike me as a salad eater. You probably just need to put on a few pounds.

Hottest place for me: a 100 teens in a couple places but one was a tarmac exit from AC to 105 boom. I think my lungs cooked a little bit. A metal roofing job in a jungle left me a bit... delirious... and sliding....grabbing....

Coldest.... Never hit anywhere super cold. Typical Ohio. Ill take the minus 4 over the 32, drizzly, and 40 mph winds. I did a stint in that as a crossing guard in elementary and still hadn't thawed by lunchtime.

You strike me as a salad eater. You probably just need to put on a few pounds.
Lol!

Years ago this lady at work (she was a tad on the full-figured side) told me her boyfriend called her a "winter weather woman". I asked why. She gave me a chagrined look and said it was because she looked better in a long coat than a bathing suit. Almost choked on my spit.

Lol!

Years ago this lady at work (she was a tad on the full-figured side) told me her boyfriend called her a "winter weather woman". I asked why. She gave me a chagrined look and said it was because she looked better in a long coat than a bathing suit. Almost choked on my spit.
it's sexy, a woman that owns it.

No, Tucson. When I woke up it was only 84. So I decided to go for a walk of about 3.5 miles. Despite having a thermos of cold water with me, I felt like I was dying, dizziness, the whole works. When I stumbled home, I learned that the temp was now 97, so I just stripped everything and jumped in the pool. It helped, but I was stilly dizzy for a half-hour.

No, Tucson. When I woke up it was only 84. So I decided to go for a walk of about 3.5 miles. Despite having a thermos of cold water with me, I felt like I was dying, dizziness, the whole works. When I stumbled home, I learned that the temp was now 97, so I just stripped everything and jumped in the pool. It helped, but I was stilly dizzy for a half-hour.
My wife and I and our adult son are serious bird watchers and have been to SE AZ maybe 18 times in the last two decades. Twice in the winter, twice in June, once in August, usually in the spring. The hottest I remember was Phoenix in June.

We were there in April. 2 nights in Green Valley, 3 in Paradise, 2 in Sierra Vista, and then 1 night in Chandler before an early morning flight home out of PHX.

My wife and I had been there a hand full of times before our son started going with us. On his first trip he got overheated. We were eating lunch in Tombstone when I looked at him said, "You don't look good." We had water in the car, but now we pack a soft sided cooler and the first thing we do is fill it with a case of water on ice. We carry those flavor packets too. If the water is cold and flavored people tend to drink more.

Last edited:
I've taken friends and visitors to Tombstone three times. I took the tour with them the first time. The nest two times I took them to where the tour started, then took myself to the best bar in town, Big Nose Some woman's name and downed two or three beers (the Big glasses) and ended up with one of them driving us home.

I've taken friends and visitors to Tombstone three times. I took the tour with them the first time. The nest two times I took them to where the tour started, then took myself to the best bar in town, Big Nose Some woman's name and downed two or three beers (the Big glasses) and ended up with one of them driving us home.

Welcome to life near Disney World. Though I was quicker to the point where I said "it's that way" and pointed.

Big Nose Kate. Doc Holiday's ex-wife.

We ate and had a beverage across the street at the Crystal Palace.

Been to Tombstone a couple of times. Never took a tour.

Helped the town marshal clear the street onetime. True story.