Is it routine for political attacks on Supreme Court Justices?

I don't do hysterical or historical.

Gotta admit that I got a good one. She had a 1mm fuse with a big explosion 38 years ago, but she mellowed. We probably had our last knock-down-drag-out 15-20 years ago. We have been married long enough now that pretty much everything that can be fought out has been settled - mostly in her favor, of course.

My policy has been to let her have her way about 99% of the time. My kids watched this and knew it as they grew up. Once when they were teens it was one of those 1% days and I wasn't backing down. The kids are at the dinner table and wife is cooking. She says, "Oh, you always have to have your way." I looked at my kids and they did giant eye rolls. Lol.

I asked her a few years ago on our 35th anniversary if she wanted to sign up for another 35 years. She said, "We might as well go on to the bitter end." :)
When I was getting married the pastor that was doing the job told us that after being married if you both feel you give in to the other more than they, you are at 50% because if you give in 50% it will feel like you are giving in all the time.

True. But it never would have happened without a right leaning court. Just like a left leaning court made it untouchable. The court has been a political tool for quite some time now. To say otherwise is disingenuous.
It probably should never have happened to begin with. This was a correction.

The sad thing is the Supreme is not here to compromise it is suppose to make sure laws are Constitutional. Compromise is suppose to be done in Congress. I know the Democrats think compromise is their way or no way so we are kind of at a stand still I hope for the next two years.
So you are saying the Supreme Court job is to interpret according which way they lean politically. Both parties is their way or the highway. Take off the blinders.

Independent, Democrat a lot of people just vote D. We have a lot of people that like to claim to be independent but they are really not so much. Just gives them an excuse to not have to vote in the primaries.
There are just as many who just vote R. It is just the way it is. I have always claimed of being a right leaning Independent as far as policies. Which probably makes me more of a right leaning RINO Independent. Apparently that is just as bad as being a democrat to some people.

It probably should never have happened to begin with. This was a correction.
I am fine having this determined at the state level as long as it is an honest vote by the citizens. It is not a correction if the majority disagree with it.

I don't do hysterical or historical.

Gotta admit that I got a good one. She had a 1mm fuse with a big explosion 38 years ago, but she mellowed. We probably had our last knock-down-drag-out 15-20 years ago. We have been married long enough now that pretty much everything that can be fought out has been settled - mostly in her favor, of course.

My policy has been to let her have her way about 99% of the time. My kids watched this and knew it as they grew up. Once when they were teens it was one of those 1% days and I wasn't backing down. The kids are at the dinner table and wife is cooking. She says, "Oh, you always have to have your way." I looked at my kids and they did giant eye rolls. Lol.

I asked her a few years ago on our 35th anniversary if she wanted to sign up for another 35 years. She said, "We might as well go on to the bitter end." :)
I can relate down to the kids giant eye rolls(y)🤣

So no evidence they were recruited by Trump.
You should write articles for national newscast. You claim to know more than any of them.
Raphael Warnock beats Trump pick Herschel Walker in …
"It also marks a major loss for former President Donald Trump, who had championed Walker and campaigned for him. Trump was already under fire from some Republicans after many of his handpicked candidates underperformed in key midterm races, helping Democrats keep majority control of the upper chamber of Congress."
Trump's Hand-Picked Candidates Lose Winnable Senate …

Former US president Donald Trump's hand-picked candidates lost winnable Senate races in Pennsylvania and New Hampshire, and could yet fall in Arizona and Nevada.​

I’m all for motherhood, but aren’t you just making a cleverly worded diversity argument?
Here’s the thing. Organic diversity is great, and it will happen on its own, as long as we don’t just keep nominating Harvard products to SCOTUS. Then it’s a monolithic wall of institutionalism with no regard for the human beings that the institutions pretend to serve. That’s where the Bush-y RINOs have been taking us.

We know full well that no Democrat President would ever even consider ACB. Ever.

We also know that the Republicans selected her in part to check the Ruthie box.

You Democrats posited a scenario in the media, from outside of power, in which retiring justices were now supposed to be replaced by the same “flavor” of justice. Obama’s media straight lied about Merrick Garland, trying to sell along those lines, and his tenure at has proven that to be a complete joke.

Then you guys used the Eric Holder voting model in enough states to put a demented old Democrat goat in as president, and he wiped his asz with that notion in replacing Justice Breyer.

post Vietnam era, all of academia began to slowly turn into a biased liberal joke, and notions of elite jurisprudence have suffered for it. This is as much responsible for the politicization of the court as was the Democrats abusing Bork and Thomas. Grandstanding for the confirmation process. Then you stooped all the way to personal destruction with Kavanaugh. You do know your grandparents would be ashamed of you if you did not speak out against it, right ?

This stems from defying the will of the people and being unable to legislate your will. The Democrats back door progressivism through the judiciary, and it needs to stop.

Special circumstances I am fine with but as you said, let the citizens decide.

No, pubs don't want that. Ask Kansas. You mean let representatives decide. And hope that gerrymandering and incumbency rates are enough to retain power. Then afterwards while you're at it raise the threshold that allows individual citizens to amend their constitutions. That is what pubs mean by letting citizens decide.

I am more of a realist than you Cabe. I expected a major take over of the house and senate by the right. By past midterm elections that should have been a given. I would have bet my last dime on it. I am smart enough to know these are not normal times. Trump is dragging down the right. He is the one person who could lose to Biden again. Enough crazy talk. Trump lost the popular vote in 2016, but the system worked and he won by getting the most electoral votes. That is how it is supposed to work. Trump lost the popular vote by an even larger margin in 2020, and Biden won the electoral vote by the same margin as Trump in 2016. Why was it fair in 2016 but not 2020? I have stated numerous times I do not like Trump or Biden. I voted for Trump because I would take Pence over Harris. Now Pence is a RINO according to many on the right. What happened with the Senate vote this cycle should be a wake up call. Kemp, DeSantis etc. are winning by distancing themselves from Trump. You are wrong when you think that the majority here on Yappi being staunch Trump supporters represent the American public. Wake up Cabe. DeSantis will be a sure bet to beat Biden in 2024 unless the Trump supporters let Trump split the Republican party and get Biden reelected.
That’s only a realistic view if you completely discount the effect of mail in ballots, or abortion and student loan issues along side of same day registration on a campus push. You really don’t understand what’s happening to you ?

I have been on the football and college football forums. Not much going on of interest in the Debate forum. Same ol same ol getting rehashed. I made my opinions about the midterms earlier and was proven wrong again. Just like the majority on here. Our foreign policy, economy and immigration problem are a dumpster fire and yet the red wave never happened. A lot to process Cabe.
Well, maybe you should take the time to get up to speed. Otherwise you end up posting like Brian with better spelling.

I was going to say “with spellcheck enabled”, but I don’t know if Brian gives spellcheck enough to work with…

So the left controls the Senate. So you are in support of the Senate because the system is designed to work that way. So whatever this Senate rubberstamps is ok with you because that is how it is supposed to work. Good to know.
The left already control the Senate last session. The only difference now is that both mansion and cinema would be needed to offset camel toe

I agree with you Cabe! Enforce the law and protect the judges. Same with BLM and January 6th. All pathetic acts and against the law. Make no distinctions between them. They are all awful people.
Regardless of whether or not you are willing to acknowledge it, the Democrat party almost always takes things to a new low on everything having to do with partisan engagement.

you can stuff your “both sides are just as bad” nonsense.

don’t even start.

And they can fire up an investigation into Javanka any time they want as payback for any Hunter BS that McCarthy dishes out. It's awesome.
Bring it.

Edit- as I contemplate your post further, I really wonder how the Senate side can make a deal with McCarthy to back off of the Bidens by backing off of Jared Kushner‘s wife. I am just trying to think what McCarthy would want to give up in order to help Donald Trump in a scenario with little shot of wearing that jacket for harming Trump 😂

This is like Bre’r Rabbit’s briar patch territory for most of the Republican party. “Oh no don’t investigate Ivanka!! that will look just terrible alongside of Trump’s tax returns!”

Good times. Go DeSantis

Last edited by a moderator:
Show me that happening bob. Go ahead, I’d like to see your example. You’ve got nothing do you ?
Roe vs. Wade would have never been overturned if the court hadn't change to a right leaning body. All the years the court was left leaning Roe vs Wade was off limits. Wasn't that the purpose to nominate like minded candidates once the right was in power to make changes?

That’s only a realistic view if you completely discount the effect of mail in ballots, or abortion and student loan issues along side of same day registration on a campus push. You really don’t understand what’s happening to you ?
I saw a Republican talking head who claimed the right's attack on mail in and early voting is hurting the right"s voter turnout. Voting is a right. Any attempt to refuse the public of that right is wrong. It is unrealistic if you see the bogeyman around every corner. You are really narrow-minded Cabe. Being paranoid isn't a good look for you. You are better than that.
Well, maybe you should take the time to get up to speed. Otherwise you end up posting like Brian with better spelling.

I was going to say “with spellcheck enabled”, but I don’t know if Brian gives spellcheck enough to work with…
I remember when you took a sabbatical from Yappi. Was that your way of deBrian your posts and getting back up to speed
The left already control the Senate last session. The only difference now is that both mansion and cinema would be needed to offset camel toe
And Schmuck Schumer can afford to lose the support of one of them. The left can now control the numbers on committees. Some what of a big deal don't you think?
Regardless of whether or not you are willing to acknowledge it, the Democrat party almost always takes things to a new low on everything having to do with partisan engagement.

you can stuff your “both sides are just as bad” nonsense.

don’t even start.
Please child. Far right far left, it makes no difference. Both are party before country. Both are self preservation before all else. If you think serving the wants and needs of the general public is a top priority of either party, I have a nice patch of swampland to sell you. Trust me.

Roe vs. Wade would have never been overturned if the court hadn't change to a right leaning body. All the years the court was left leaning Roe vs Wade was off limits. Wasn't that the purpose to nominate like minded candidates once the right was in power to make changes?
Roe was overturned because it was a horrible decision made out of political cowardice, and the right argument against it was finally made. That is all, bob.

Now, if you want to argue that 70's era Democrat partisan judicial activism in a more moral time created an absurd extension of "right to privacy" in the original Roe v Wade that no longer applies, THAT dog will hunt.

Last edited: