Is it Okay for visiting fans to storm the field after a road win?

Bull GreenDog

This happened 3 times this year at my school's home stadium. Personally, I thought it showed very little class/ sportsmanship. In my opinion, it sends a clear message of disrespect to the host team. I have ZERO problems with HOME fans going on to the field, after all it is their field. There is nothing wrong with the student section going onto the field after home games and singing the alma mater with the players and band, which is a tradition many schools, including mine, have. I just think that road games are different. I feel like the field doesn't belong to the visiting school, and the visiting fans should respect that and celebrate in the stands. I don't remember this happening at our stadium before this year and I was surprised each time it happened. One game our PA announcer told the visiting fans THREE times to get off the field and they still did not. I'm interested to hear what other fans think about this. Did this happen at any of your schools games this year? Do you agree that this is a disrespectful thing to do?

I would say no. Not ever. Very few circumstances for home team kids to enter home field. Or even neutral field. Winning state championship maybe if done after trophy ceremonies.

And no. Not cool to take a dump on PBTS field after beating Massillon in the playoffs. Don't even think it, people.

I guess my question is if you had lost 3 games at home, why was it that big of an accomplishment by the 3rd loss?

Man, you guys sound like a bunch of old cratchets...get off my lawn/field/turf!

If its a big win for your program, storm the field, celebrate, have fun...adults and children alike!

High school football used to be a community event, people didn't get bent out of shape over everything that didn't go their way, they used to use it as a life lesson. Now we just , complain and point fingers a lot....sad how much its changed!

Last edited:
This happened 3 times this year at my school's home stadium. Personally, I thought it showed very little class/ sportsmanship. In my opinion, it sends a clear message of disrespect to the host team. I have ZERO problems with HOME fans going on to the field, after all it is their field. There is nothing wrong with the student section going onto the field after home games and singing the alma mater with the players and band, which is a tradition many schools, including mine, have. I just think that road games are different. I feel like the field doesn't belong to the visiting school, and the visiting fans should respect that and celebrate in the stands. I don't remember this happening at our stadium before this year and I was surprised each time it happened. One game our PA announcer told the visiting fans THREE times to get off the field and they still did not. I'm interested to hear what other fans think about this. Did this happen at any of your schools games this year? Do you agree that this is a disrespectful thing to do?

I can answer your question concerning one of the games where fans "stormed the field". Lake did not storm the field....this is week 10, neither team has another game...this is the seniors last time ever on a field has a team. The fans that you say stormed the field were family members and friends...they were not celebrating the victory....they were celebrating an end to three years...getting pictures of the final moment as a Lake football player. I have seen teams do the same thing at Lake. If it is not week 10 you would not see Lake do this.....its a game and this was the last game these kids would ever play together. There were more tears and hugs on that field for the end of something wonderful then cheers of celebration for a game down the road that will not mean that much as a victory

Last edited:
Storming opponent's field or court? No. Never.
I can answer your question concerning one of the games where fans "stormed the field". Lake did not storm the field....this is week 10, neither team has another game...this is the seniors last time ever on a field has a team. The fans that you say stormed the field were family members and friends...they were not celebrating the victory....they were celebrating an end to three years...getting pictures of the finally moment as a Lake football player. I have seen teams do the same thing at Lake. If it is not week 10 you would not see Lake do this.....its a game and this was the last game these kids would ever play together. There were more tears and hugs on that field for the end of something wonderful then cheers of celebration for a game down the road that will not mean that much as a victory
^^ If that's really what happened, then the OP's term of "storm the field" was misleading, and I am 100% in favor.

I can answer your question concerning one of the games where fans "stormed the field". Lake did not storm the field....this is week 10, neither team has another game...this is the seniors last time ever on a field has a team. The fans that you say stormed the field were family members and friends...they were not celebrating the victory....they were celebrating an end to three years...getting pictures of the final moment as a Lake football player. I have seen teams do the same thing at Lake. If it is not week 10 you would not see Lake do this.....its a game and this was the last game these kids would ever play together. There were more tears and hugs on that field for the end of something wonderful then cheers of celebration for a game down the road that will not mean that much as a victory
Rutt Ro Raggy, someone is busted!!!!

Hell, if this was considered storming the field by the OP then, well I guess I was guilty of it a couple of weeks ago but it was the last HOME game. Never would have considered doing it on the visitors field though.

Brother and I got pictures with two nephews on the team after their last home game (reason being one was a Senior, may do it again in 2 year when the other one has his last game) All the SR families went on the field after the game but it was well after the opposing team had left the field, no big deal, not considered 'storming the field' in my boat.

In week 10 of 2005 with both teams unbeaten in league play, my school knocked off our big rival. It was obvious that our student section was going to try and storm the field. The opposing coach put a stop to it and was extremely upset about it. However, 11 years earlier on our field they beat us to win the league and he had no problems at all with his players ringing OUR victory bell! IMHO, BOTH sides were wrong on those things!

I don’t like it at all. Fans stay in the stands. I could see the students doing it and I still don’t like that. Just my opinion

Not a fan of storming the field either home or away, the karma wheel tends to spin around and smack you in the face when this kind of stuff is done. Also while the visiting students are partying on the field this is a good way to get their cars vandalized by the home team students.

^^ If that's really what happened, then the OP's term of "storm the field" was misleading, and I am 100% in favor.
What part was misleading? Their fans went onto our field after winning a road game at our stadium. The announcer told them 3 times to leave the field and they did not. All of that is true.

So Lake fans were not celebrating. Well then, how come in 2017,the last time Lake finished the season at Green, the Lake fans didn't go on Green's field after the game? Was that not also the 2017 senior's final game? So what was the difference? Could it be because Lake lost in 2017? Hmmm

I'd be flattered if an opposing team's fans felt that defeating my team was a great enough conquest to consider it worthy of storming the field. Just don't go out there with the intent of destroying school property.

That said, I would feel sorry for any fans who felt that they needed to storm the homefield of an opponent who ultimately finished the season 2-8 and hasn't posted a winning record since 2012.

My question is, do they wait for the teams to shake hands and the losing team to exit the field? I could see this going very bad in some high school environments if that is not the case.

I would say no. Not ever. Very few circumstances for home team kids to enter home field. Or even neutral field. Winning state championship maybe if done after trophy ceremonies.

And no. Not cool to take a dump on PBTS field after beating Massillon in the playoffs. Don't even think it, people.
Has this pinching of loaves occurred at PBTS? Or is this urban legend?:poop::poop::poop::poop: ???

I'm as old-fashioned as anyone, especially when it comes to sportsmanship (shaking hands after the game, help up an opposing player, respect your opponent's players, school, and fans).
However, I have no problem with a visiting team and their fans celebrating their victory. OK, I get that the game was at the other team's field, but so what? If they were doing so while chanting disrespectful slogans toward their opponents, of course that's wrong; but simply to celebrate a hard-won victory it's perfectly fine -- no matter whether it's at home or on the road.
Celebrating a win is not showing any disrespect. It's simply celebrating a win.
The best way for the home team to prevent this is NOT by rules preventing it. It's to WIN the game.

What part was misleading? Their fans went onto our field after winning a road game at our stadium. The announcer told them 3 times to leave the field and they did not. All of that is true.

Yes Lake went out on the field....they came out on the south end and waited for both teams to have their huddle and when Lake broke its they went up to the team and stayed around the south end....they did not run to the middle of the field and dance or overly celebrate. They stood around each other, hugged, took pictures. If you want to discuss something lets talk about the cheap shots, penalties, and a Green player getting ejected when Lake was downing the ball to run the clock out at the end of the game.

Don’t lose at home

Yes Lake went out on the field....they came out on the south end and waited for both teams to have their huddle and when Lake broke its they went up to the team and stayed around the south end....they did not run to the middle of the field and dance or overly celebrate. They stood around each other, hugged, took pictures. If you want to discuss something lets talk about the cheap shots, penalties, and a Green player getting ejected when Lake was downing the ball to run the clock out at the end of the game.
You are right about the penalty a Green player had at the end of the game. That was a cheap shot and was 100% wrong. It's too bad the game had to end that way. I hope know Lake players or fans have any hard feelings toward Green.

No. Not a fan of home teams either but Girard kids go on the field after every game and gather in front of the band shell to sing the Alma Mater. It's become a tradition, win of lose, so I dont see it changing soon . But I wish they would wait until the visiting team is in their locker room before they let them on.