Is Aroldis Chapman the best pitcher in baseball?

Best pitcher?

• Yes he is

Votes: 7 31.8%
  • No he is not (specify who is)

Votes: 15 68.2%

• Total voters

recently

Cooling Off
He isn't a starter which is possibly the only reason why anyone could vote against him. IMO, he's the most dominant and unhittable guy in the game.

Who amongst ye agrees with me that Chapman is the best?

No, he's second best. Right now I'm still taking Verlander over him. That could change though. He's on pace to set a bunch of records I'm sure.

I'm loving what Chapman is doing and it is working for the Reds, but I don't know that I'd automatically put him ahead of starters like R.A. Dickey, Cole Hamles, Gio Gonzalez, etcetera.

I could not be happier with what he's done so far for the Reds though. That 5 out save blowing past Gonzalez and Tulowitzki last Sunday was one of the most exciting 5 outs of baseball I've been at.

I'm pretty sure Verlander is pitching against the Reds when the Tigers come to town, and I'm fully expecting no one coming close to getting a hit, expect Votto.

I'm not even asking if Chapman would be better than anyone who starts. I'm asking if Chapman is the best pitcher in the game for what he's asked to do.

Watching Verlander throw 102 against the Tribe and come back with 83 sold me.... This was in the 8th inning. That's just nasty stuff.

I don't think Chapman can really be considered in the top 5-10 yet. Starters are flat out more important, until he dominates more innings like a Verlander or Kershaw, he shouldn't be discussed with them yet, IMO.

I don't think Chapman can really be considered in the top 5-10 yet. Starters are flat out more important, until he dominates more innings like a Verlander or Kershaw, he shouldn't be discussed with them yet, IMO.

He plays for the Reds and is good. Clearly best player in the majors at his position, IMO.

A lot of pitchers can have a good year, but very few can do what Chapman has been doing. RA Dickey? Give me a break.

Can have a good year? Isn't that exactly what we're talking about? Chapman is the best pitcher for one inning a day three or four times a week, but arguing against the value a pitcher who can go 7 innings and 2 runs against any team in the majors is absurd. Give me a break.

Can have a good year? Isn't that exactly what we're talking about? Chapman is the best pitcher for one inning a day three or four times a week, but arguing against the value a pitcher who can go 7 innings and 2 runs against any team in the majors is absurd. Give me a break.

I agree with this. Chapman is pretty damn good; hopefully he gets a real chance to start sometime in his career.

I didn't say anything about a pitcher's value. Aroldis Chapman > RA Dickey.