Investing thread for DR, $, ep, Bluth, main event, OBCF and others

Great time to buy, honestly. Anyone who doesn't think crypto will shoot back up hasn't been paying attention.

Idk obcf thinks it is big. Makes me have reservations since he was calling for a complete market crasht that never came close to materializing. ;)

You could have made a lot of money the last 5 years simply by doing the opposite of whatever OBCF displayed the most confidence in.

OBCF - how long did it take you to realize you were wrong about the economy collapsing in 2013 and buy back in? Or are you still short?

The cattle industry is pretty wild, I admittedly know very little about it but the way they buy and hedge cattle on the market it is a really intricate business. I have a lot of respect for my boss because he built his company from the ground up as has stayed in business for so long especially when the markets were so volatile. That old man knows his sh1t.

What's cool about his deal is that he has all these ag businesses and he keeps paying himself throughout almost every stage of that cow's life, from the feed, grain corn, etc to sale barns, feed yards and just has it really going on.

Never really knew how much money was involved in that industry. And you need a lot to be involved in it and similar to any investing be ready to take losses

Grass fed :laugh:

Didn't know you were in the cattle game.

I will be sure to tell my boss he needs to switch to be grass fed only

Yeah if you want garbage beef feed them grass. Arrogate, I was talking to a farmer neighbor of mine about buying calf and raising it, then of course taking it to the butcher. He raises Angus, he told me I wouldn't really see too much difference if I bought a dairy cow calf and did the same. He said they are cheaper to buy. Thoughts?

Well the funny thing about Angus is that as long as a cow has atleast 51% of it's coloring as black, then it can be considered Angus beef. You can see how when burger king or some fast food place says they have Angus they probably dont have the Aberdeen Angus you are associate with Angus beef. It may have some in it's blood but it just shows it can be manipulated to a degree.

For most breeds it comes down to how you feed them. Obviously there are differences in the quality of the meat but it's not like it is bad if you raise it correctly.