Investing thread for DR, $, ep, Bluth, main event, OBCF and others

Sig Hansen

Thought this was necessary with all the stock people we have on the board now. Or, they can continue talking among themselves itt and it will be easier for everyone else to ignore it.

:laugh:

Yeah, the .16% S&P gain really proves my theory wrong. I said the big gains were starting next week. I have no issues with gophers buying today.

How much is the market going to decline obfd?

I don't have a specific number, but I am expecting a major correction.

Stocks are overbought. This doesn't always lead to a selloff... However, the debt ceiling debate is coming up and Rand Paul and his band of merry men do not care if they wreck the economy. They are going to fillibuster for days and push the US to the brink of default with Obama and Reid already claiming they refuse to negotiate on the debt ceiling... It'll get ugly and it'll be enough to wake up the gophers to equities being too high. Congress is on a 5 week recess... They come back and have a month to get the debt ceiling passed.

I am shocked there hasn't been more media coverage... Only this past week have politic pundits started to point out that Rand Paul is a huge wildcard.

And stocks hit an all-time high yesterday and then again (slightly) today despite bad job numbers. With all the gains of the last couple years, at the very least selling now is a safe move. If you agree with my thinking, shorting the market here isn't all that crazy of an idea.

Buy high, sell low. I plan on going long on the market after this major move down..

You sounds like people I talk to all the time. There's always something to worry about in the market and people are scared.

I disagree with "selling out," unless it just happens to be a specific stock position and the time is right.

And yes, the PE is slightly above the median, but given the fact that the markets are at all time highs as you've pointed out you'd expect it to be much, much higher.

Not really guessing... The debt ceiling is coming. I am quite confident it'll be a big old mess.

Consider this an investment in the government being idiots.

The past two market "crashes" came off all time high SP P/E numbers. As you can see we're nowhere near that despite the high market.

:laugh:

Minor correction? I said "major." I see the scope being large, but the causes different from the last two times around.

I see the S&P dipping to at least 1400 from 1700 now. It could go lower though... Wouldn't shock me if we see 1000.

Lets just pretend I am correct and stocks dips a decent amount... What are you buying on the dip?

I will probably put a decent chunk in google.