Interesting tidbit from Lt. Gov Husted, today

The Dock

"School-related sporting activities will be looked into for reopening. We are making procedures and policies to ensure that it will be safe."

…???

OK, this is welcome news. Am surprised to hear it this early from Husted. Surprised this was the first mention of it, and not something from OHSAA.

MassillonTigers3

Hopefully they’ll just be announcing their regulations for summer conditioning, camp days, etc. and not try to make decisions about fall yet

USA70PP

"School-related sporting activities will be looked into for reopening. We are making procedures and policies to ensure that it will be safe."

…???

OK, this is welcome news. Am surprised to hear it this early from Husted. Surprised this was the first mention of it, and not something from OHSAA.
I think it means the governor's office is now the defacto head of the OHSAA.

Mr. Slippery

I think it means the governor's office is now the defacto head of the OHSAA.
I think it means the OHSAA is trying to become a fly on the wall to get some additional insight on how to develop protocols for resuming offseason conditioning programs in the summer. The OHSAA's memo to member school administrators from a few days ago suggested that they were upset to not have had a seat at the table as part of the working group that developed the protocols for gyms and non-contact sports.

Like everything else, we'll see if this goes anywhere.

270SC

Tell you what, if we have learned anything this year, China in the past 24 hours has re-locked down 110 million people to stay-at-home orders again.

Believe in the virus or not, I think we are extremely naive to think the US is headed a direction where we won’t have to do what China is doing again. It will just magically not effect us for round 2, all of these scientists are just creating buzz. I mean come on folks.