Interesting Early Math-ups

psycho_dad

Billy Goat (McDonald) has Cloverleaf, NDCL and Woodridge in the Large School Race. 3 of the top 6 boys teams from NE last year D2.

Cloverleaf graduated 1, 4, 5, 6 and NDCL graduated 1, 3, 4, 5 and Woodridge is coming off a loss last week. May not be the impressive "math"-up you are looking for!

Interesting enough for you to go do some research. I have a feeling Woodridge has been woken from hibernation.(Is woken the the right word? Not an English major.) Bet you have to go back over a decade to find a NDCL team was not top 10 at the Regional.

(Changed that stupid title like 3 times and even then botched it up.)

NDCL has a new coach this year. We will see if that affects them or not. But they did lose a lot from a team that was groomed for years for the run they made.

Woodridge is coming off a fairly close loss to a top D1 team, Kenston, and they maybe top 5 in D1.
Sept 12th at Kenston will be a real test.

3 ranked D2 Boys teams went head to head at the Lake Erie Challenge at Vermilion (series of tri-meets). Keystone (#30) & Fairview (#21) tied, Huron (#10) just 1 point behind. Keystone won on the tiebreaker. I have not seen full results posted online anywhere.

3 ranked D2 Boys teams went head to head at the Lake Erie Challenge at Vermilion (series of tri-meets). Keystone (#30) & Fairview (#21) tied, Huron (#10) just 1 point behind. Keystone won on the tiebreaker. I have not seen full results posted online anywhere.

Keystone did not win, they prevailed.

Sincerely,
EuclidandViren

Keystone "PREVAILED" among the teams with the same number of points..... Since it was a tie for first place.... Keystone also got the "WIN"
If they would have tied with Fairview for the 5th place point total...Then Keystone would have "PREVAILED" among those teams with the same score, but would NOT have Won anything. You can not "win" 5th place.... you can earn 5th place, or place 5th. THAT is why the rule book does not say "Win". If it did say "win", then some knucklehead, whose team "Prevailed" in a tie for 12th place might claim "according to the rule book, my team WON the BS Invitational." Prevail may be a better word to use in the rulebook to avoid confusion...legally. Do you understand Euclidand Viren?

Keystone "PREVAILED" among the teams with the same number of points..... Since it was a tie for first place.... Keystone also got the "WIN"
If they would have tied with Fairview for the 5th place point total...Then Keystone would have "PREVAILED" among those teams with the same score, but would NOT have Won anything. You can not "win" 5th place.... you can earn 5th place, or place 5th. THAT is why the rule book does not say "Win". If it did say "win", then some knucklehead, whose team "Prevailed" in a tie for 12th place might claim "according to the rule book, my team WON the BS Invitational." Prevail may be a better word to use in the rulebook to avoid confusion...legally. Do you understand Euclidand Viren?

Apparently, tiebreakers which are stated in the NFHS rule book are not official. A tie is a tie.

Some may like the word "Apparently", Some like "technically", Some like "Legally".... my daughter likes "Literally". but I think "Obviously" the rules state that the placing of the 6th runner is what determines breaking ties in high school cross country when one or more of the tied teams has a 6th runner"... and so on when tied teams do not have a 6th runner. Thanks to all those who taught me how to read.... or at least look up definitions.
Because of them... WE have Prevailed.