Inspirational Thoughts

"If you want music get a canary!"

Once had a pet parrot; his retort you told him... "Sing Captain Silver"

:>---

“There are only two kinds of people that understand Marines:
Marines and the enemy. Everyone else has a second-hand opinion.”
― Gen. William Thornson, U.S. Army

SF

“The steps you take don’t need to be big. They just need to take you in the right direction.”

"Just mind your own business. If you mind your business, then you won't be mindin' mine." - Hiram King Williams

Lord,
When I have food, help me remember the hungry.
When I lie in my bed, help me remember those who sleep on the floor.
When I have a warm home, help me remember the homeless.
When I have work, help me remember those without jobs.
When I experience the joy of giving to my children,
Help me remember the agony of those who must watch their children go without.
By remembering, help me destroy my indifference and arouse my compassion.
Make me concerned enough to act in your name, to help those who cry out to you
for that which I so often take for granted.

^^^ from the moment we are born we are falling though life with a absolute ending.
We are all sky diving with blinders when young, but as we age we can see the ground approaching ever faster. We could pass out before hit, or we could see it all the way to the ground.
One thing for certain is the gravity of our situation...

"You don't have to floss all of your teeth..................................................Just the ones you want to keep"

-Local Dental Hygienist

I always liked this image. No matter what, you can still do it!

“So live your life that the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their view, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and its purpose in the service of your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide. Always give a word or a sign of salute when meeting or passing afriend, even a stranger, when in a lonely place. Show respect to all people and grovel to none. When you arise in the morning give thanks for the food and for the joy of living. If you see no reason for giving thanks, the fault lies only in yourself. Abuse no one and no thing, for abuse turns the wise ones to fools and robs the spirit of its vision. When it comes your time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song and die like a hero going home.”

- Chief Tecumseh, Shawnee Nation”

“So live your life that the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their view, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and its purpose in the service of your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide. Always give a word or a sign of salute when meeting or passing afriend, even a stranger, when in a lonely place. Show respect to all people and grovel to none. When you arise in the morning give thanks for the food and for the joy of living. If you see no reason for giving thanks, the fault lies only in yourself. Abuse no one and no thing, for abuse turns the wise ones to fools and robs the spirit of its vision. When it comes your time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song and die like a hero going home.”

- Chief Tecumseh, Shawnee Nation”
IMO the greatest leader our land has ever had. Washington and a few others actually come close fail when compared to someone like this....

Last edited:
Always give 100%.....unless you’re donating blood or getting a divorce.
Hahaha, that's true!:LOL:

“You’ve gotta dance like there’s nobody watching, love like you’ll never be hurt, sing like there’s nobody listening, and live like it’s heaven on earth.” ― William W. Purkey
My fav quote?

For Memorial Day Weekend

People today do not understand the symbolism of the Poppy to the Veteran.
During the Great War (AKA - World War I : WW-I) there were several large battles
near Flanders (Belgium) in the Ypres Salient - This was part of what was known
as the Western Front.

Authored by Canadian physician Lieutenant-Colonel John McCrae who served there.

In Flanders Fields

In Flanders Fields, the poppies blow
Between the crosses, row on row,
That mark our place; and in the sky
The larks, still bravely singing, fly
Scarce heard amid the guns below.

We are the dead. Short days ago
We lived, felt dawn, saw sunset glow,
Loved and were loved, and now we lie,
In Flanders fields.

Take up our quarrel with the foe:
To you from failing hands we throw