INDIAN VALLEY Open Mats!

MatJunky

@ the high school from 5:00-6:30pm on Mondays and Thursdays

Open to 6th-12th

253 S Walnut St, Gnadenhutten, OH

Its an "Open Mat", not a practice. Mostly live wrestling. First 10-15 minutes is a free drill to warm up. 1 minute live-goes, takedowns only, for about a half hour. 2 minute live goes, match situation, for the next half hour. 2 to 3 live matches to the end the night. That's the jist of it.

Can't imagine this pulls many outside kids in. Wouldn't iv wrestling benefit more by traveling to a established programs open mat?

Can't imagine this pulls many outside kids in. Wouldn't iv wrestling benefit more by traveling to a established programs open mat?
So because Indian Valley has open mats on Mondays and Thursdays, their kids can't attend other schools open mats on any other day of the week? Is that your thought process? IV encourages their kids to travel and find other open mats and are doing so mostly on Wednesday and Sundays. Having open mats at your own place helps get your less serious, or less experienced wrestlers in the room during the off season. Its hard to get those kids to travel and do things on their own. Nothing wrong with keeping your own room open year round, and letting other people know that it's open. Thanks for the concern though.

So because Indian Valley has open mats on Mondays and Thursdays, their kids can't attend other schools open mats on any other day of the week? Is that your thought process? IV encourages their kids to travel and find other open mats and are doing so mostly on Wednesday and Sundays. Having open mats at your own place helps get your less serious, or less experienced wrestlers in the room during the off season. Its hard to get those kids to travel and do things on their own. Nothing wrong with keeping your own room open year round, and letting other people know that it's open. Thanks for the concern though.
Then why are you on here advertising it if its for your less experienced/ serious wrestlers to stay in the mix? If You don't need anyone else to come but your own? You are wanting good kids to come to you and make your kids better, i get it. This is the easiest and most convenient.But until your program is established,With many state qualifiers placers, not many will come to you . You have to go to them that's the way it is. Like i said before i can't imagine this pulls many in from the area. Taking your team to a well established room that has many state qualifiers /placers will benefit your kids more.

Then why are you on here advertising it if its for your less experienced/ serious wrestlers to stay in the mix? If You don't need anyone else to come but your own? You are wanting good kids to come to you and make your kids better, i get it. This is the easiest and most convenient.But until your program is established,With many state qualifiers placers, not many will come to you . You have to go to them that's the way it is. Like i said before i can't imagine this pulls many in from the area. Taking your team to a well established room that has many state qualifiers /placers will benefit your kids more.
And that's why we do BOTH. Why is this so hard for you to understand? Our room is open twice a week, and our kids are travelling to other rooms one or two nights a week. You're not making a very strong argument here.

And that's why we do BOTH. Why is this so hard for you to understand? Our room is open twice a week, and our kids are travelling to other rooms one or two nights a week. You're not making a very strong argument here.
Once you realize why they are traveling to other rooms on there own you will get it. Until then good luck!

I think it’s good that there room is open. Or any room for that matter. Now that they have some youth in the room as coaches will help the program out big time. I don’t see many kids from from the local to them going because they compete vs each other during the season. I’m going to take a few middle school kids and check it out.
One thing that bothers me tho is all the live wrestling in the off season. If that’s all that’s going on then will probably try for a different room. Unless ur competing for a tournament live is not needed in the summer. That’s the time to get technical stuff down and work on it.

My college coach use to say all the time. Coaches that go live all the time don’t know how much. I know that’s not the case here tho.They have some pretty good coaches on staff and maybe a good old timer coming back.. I’ll let you know how the room is soon. Or how many kids they are getting.

Once you realize why they are traveling to other rooms on there own you will get it. Until then good luck!
I think it’s good that there room is open. Or any room for that matter. Now that they have some youth in the room as coaches will help the program out big time. I don’t see many kids from from the local to them going because they compete vs each other during the season. I’m going to take a few middle school kids and check it out.
One thing that bothers me tho is all the live wrestling in the off season. If that’s all that’s going on then will probably try for a different room. Unless ur competing for a tournament live is not needed in the summer. That’s the time to get technical stuff down and work on it.

My college coach use to say all the time. Coaches that go live all the time don’t know how much. I know that’s not the case here tho.They have some pretty good coaches on staff and maybe a good old timer coming back.. I’ll let you know how the room is soon. Or how many kids they are getting.
[/QUOTE have you ever been to solon?thats all this is.its not about making kids go live.have you ever heard of pickup basketball games where kids get together in a gym or playground and play the game for fun.well same thing for wrestling.its a back yard for if kids wanna do some live they can.if indian valley wants tech work done for there own kids they probably go on different nights.who knows who cares..know one says ya have to come to every night its open

maybe they do.whats the matter are you a disgruntled parent.its open mats.just a place for kids to go and roll.

Decent room tonight for open mats. Thanks Bo for getting all this together. Hopefully it keeps building into something great