Incredible strike

Rohbino

Anyone that has watched Malia Berkely of Liberty Township and Badin HS grow up, can tell you that she has developed into quite a player. This rocket by Malia in the 99th minute of Florida State's game vs Wisconsin on Sunday night gave FSU the win.

Malia is considered to be a potential All-American this season and should be on the short list as a potential USWNT candidate for the back line as they are aging a bit. Good luck to her.

Florida State will be fun to watch this season. Mark Krikorian has built quite a juggernaut at FSU with a good mix of domestic and international players. They've got a brutal schedule so they'll be well prepared come tournament time. To give an idea of how hard the schedule is, after the Wisky game they've got consecutive games vs UCLA, USC, and Florida. After the OOC games, they have the ACC gauntlet.

Last edited:

Irwin20

Great shot. I saw her all 4 HS seasons playing against my oldest when she was a Freshmen and my youngest the next 3 years. Although we were fortunate to win all 4 years her talent was evident. From watching her in the NCAA final last year I think she has shown great improvement at FSU. I would agree she should be on the USWNT radar.