Inaugural Season: Three Rivers Conference

Who wins the inaugural boys hoops title?

• Bethel

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Covington

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Northridge

Votes: 5 23.8%
  • Milton-Union

Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Riverside

• Troy Christian

Votes: 8 38.1%
  • Miami East

Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Lehman Catholic

• Total voters

I’ll have to take Northridge the Jacobs kid is the real deal, and that coach runs a good program and is great at developing players. I believe Milton comes in at 2nd but that Case kid is gone so I’d like to see who’s going to be that 2nd scoring option.

TC returns everyone. Winter is king at TC with top noch wrestling and basketball. I think were going to have to wait untill January to see where everyone stands though Very excited about the next three years of TC basketball. Milton,Ridge and ME all worthy. River beat TC last year but it was SR vs Fresh ( correct me if wrong). Covington, Bethel down arrow. I want to throw lehman in the contenders list but lost a few.

This will be a very strong conference. Worried peak Northridge blasts everyone by 20

TC returns everyone. Winter is king at TC with top noch wrestling and basketball. I think were going to have to wait untill January to see where everyone stands though Very excited about the next three years of TC basketball. Milton,Ridge and ME all worthy. River beat TC last year but it was SR vs Fresh ( correct me if wrong). Covington, Bethel down arrow. I want to throw lehman in the contenders list but lost a few.

This will be a very strong conference. Worried peak Northridge blasts everyone by 20
Covington will be down I’ll admit I know nothing about TC kinda hard to say in these new leagues. I know about Milton,Northridge, and I’ve seen Covington. Northridge play up tempo and there pressure on the ball is always top notch from the tip-off. Milton plays a slower tempo but there defense is always in position they like to keep the game under 55 point range and they do it often. Covington last year I’ll be honest not really sure what there identity was no one wanted to shoot and played lifeless defense. It will be fun to see what happens in these new leagues I’m not sure about the others haven’t seen them. I know you’ve said TC was young last year so they should be improved with a year of experience.

Nice breakdown arrow. This will be an excellent basketball conference. Multiple sectional champs potentially.

I look for Miami East, Troy Christian, Milton and Northridge to be the class of the league. With a new league, anything can happen.
I'd have to pick like this...
1. Troy Christian
2. Milton
3. Northridge
4. Miami East
5. Bethel
6. Riverside
7. Covington
8. Lehman

I have it:
1. Northridge
2. TC
3. Milton
4. Miami East
5. Lehman
6. Bethel
7. Riverside
8. Covington

But, not confident which order one through 4 is. Any switching there would not suprise me with those four. Lehman and Bethel could sneak into the bottom of the top. Not sure on Riverside, could move up. Covington is rebuilding for sure from what I saw in summer.

This basketball conference will be one ofcthe better small school conferences in the state of Ohio next 3 years. Multiple district titles from more than one team potentially.

Only problem with this conference is that they have 14 conference games. Don't get much of a chance to schedule many non conference teams. But overall should be a good league. Good luck guys.

This basketball conference will be one ofcthe better small school conferences in the state of Ohio next 3 years. Multiple district titles from more than one team potentially.
I think it will be a solid league, but 2 of the top 3 teams that people have been listing is Northridge and MU, and both of those schools are D2. Getting a district title for those schools will be very difficult.

I think it will be a solid league, but 2 of the top 3 teams that people have been listing is Northridge and MU, and both of those schools are D2. Getting a district title for those schools will be very difficult.
My fault, I thought they were D3 both. MU should be d3 soon, which is a better fit for them.

My fault, I thought they were D3 both. MU should be d3 soon, which is a better fit for them.
I agree that D3 will be a good fit for them, I was just going off of what they were last year. I do think the conference will be very competitive though. Outside of Northridge/MU, I know there have been some talks of a lot of young talent at ME, Bethel and TC. I know the ME Sophomore class and the Bethel Freshman class were both league champs while in the CCC in 7th/8th grades.

Obviously this will be a basketball conference. That's great. Wrestling will belong to TC. Cousin Steve has a machine at TC.
The SWBL was a good hoops league too. Shawnee, Northridge, Madison all had great programs.

Milton will have one great player in Brumbaugh. The rest of the team is really strong too. Size inside might be an issue.

Obviously this will be a basketball conference. That's great. Wrestling will belong to TC. Cousin Steve has a machine at TC.
The SWBL was a good hoops league too. Shawnee, Northridge, Madison all had great programs.
Not sure TC will win wrestling this season. Doesn't East bring back quite a bit while TC graduated a ton?

Should be a fun basketball season.

Not sure TC will win wrestling this season. Doesn't East bring back quite a bit while TC graduated a ton?

Should be a fun basketball season.
That would be true. I just think the pipeline at TC really never dries up. But, East has built a good program too. Impressive.

This league will be the same in hoops as football. No posters. ?.
I think Northridge, Bethel, Troy Christian and Milton will fight it out for the title. Thoughts

This league will be the same in hoops as football. No posters. ?.
I think Northridge, Bethel, Troy Christian and Milton will fight it out for the title. Thoughts
I would take Bethel out of that group and insert Miami East.

If East still has the freshman (now sophomore) kid who broke his leg last year, they will challenge anyone for the title. I have not heard for certain of his whereabouts?

What did Milton lose from last year? They were more physical than the other teams listed here. Riverside and Bethel will be challenging each night, and will win a game unexpected here and there.

My initial guess on the league

1- Northridge
2- Milton
3-Miami East
4-Troy Christian
5-Riverside
6-8 Bethel, Covington, Lehman

There really are no bad teams in this conference. The WOAC is no where near as balanced from top to bottom. The bottom of this conference would be in the middle of the WOAC.

I would take Bethel out of that group and insert Miami East.

If East still has the freshman (now sophomore) kid who broke his leg last year, they will challenge anyone for the title. I have not heard for certain of his whereabouts?

What did Milton lose from last year? They were more physical than the other teams listed here. Riverside and Bethel will be challenging each night, and will win a game unexpected here and there.

My initial guess on the league

1- Northridge
2- Milton
3-Miami East
4-Troy Christian
5-Riverside
6-8 Bethel, Covington, Lehman

There really are no bad teams in this conference. The WOAC is no where near as balanced from top to bottom. The bottom of this conference would be in the middle of the WOAC.
Covington and TVS just scrimmaged and it does not look good for Covington this season, unless TVS is better than I expected... Overall, I do think the TRC will be pretty balanced and I do believe that Miami East should be listed as a contender to win the conference this season.

Covington and TVS just scrimmaged and it does not look good for Covington this season, unless TVS is better than I expected... Overall, I do think the TRC will be pretty balanced and I do believe that Miami East should be listed as a contender to win the conference this season.
Covington can hit some nights, but lacks physical play especially on defense. When they get hot, they will be a good competitor. Bethel kind of fits the same mold IMO.

Lehman is physical enough, but they do not have the talent most of the top TRC schools have.

Covington can hit some nights, but lacks physical play especially on defense. When they get hot, they will be a good competitor. Bethel kind of fits the same mold IMO.

Lehman is physical enough, but they do not have the talent most of the top TRC schools have.
Bethels Freshman class was very impressive in Junior High. Those kids are now Freshman and as they start working their way through the program, I expect them to be more competitive as well.

Will you be following the TRC this season?

Appreciate your knowledge of the teams.

I thought East was having some drama in its basketball program? The coach isn't well liked and caused a few to transfer out and others just to quit playing.

I thought East was having some drama in its basketball program? The coach isn't well liked and caused a few to transfer out and others just to quit playing.
I had heard something similar, but nothing for sure. When you start 3 freshman, as a coach the juniors and seniors will lose their minds and the sophomores will look for a way out. Have seen this occur many times over the years.

Favorite scene in Napoleon Dynamite, "if coach had played me at QB, we would have won State".