Impeachment hearings not going well for Trump

I think you are right. That said, at some point in Obama's 2nd term I thought the electorate had shifted permanently center-left and I didn't think Trump had a chance against The Evil of Which Cannot be Spoken. So, my political discernment is clearly fallible.

But I am trying to figure out what Pelosi, Adam Fullof Schiff, et.al. are thinking and doing. I try to resist the idea that they are all foaming-at-the-mouth maniacs and am inclined to believe they have a goal, a priority, and some principles they are working toward and serving. All I can come up with is that they feel they have to do this to meet the demands of their base AND that there is some advantage for them in the 2020 elections - perhaps dirtying up Trump with the label "impeached"?

But what they seem to be doing is ensuring that the federal government will be run by the GOP through 2024 - with the dreaded Orange Man as president. I don't get it. But, again, I'm fallible.

I believe that this is about fund raising and keeping their base engaged, and that in their hearts the leaders know that it would take a real surprise from some closet to unseat the Magnificent Orange Bastard. They probably expect to lose the House, but at least the false hope and animus generated by their show trial will keep their machine greased and maybe supply the TV cash to win an extra House race or two.

Just my guess, anyway

What is the world gives you the impression that Trump was ready to do an infrastructure bill last year? Was that one before or after his awesome healthcare plan? He has not put forward a single thing on either subject.

Last year ? No way that Trump would introduce a bill for infrastructure in a Democrat controlled house because they would just carve it up and change it, and if he vetoed it when it returned to him they then try to make a fool of him.

But if they were smart and actually cared at all about their constituency, they would’ve proposed a bunch of infrastructure spending in the Dem metropolises of the swing states that he will need in the 2020 election. They don’t really give a crap about that, or even the working class that they used to take care of on building or maintaining the infrastructure.

Last edited:
Because he's repeatedly said he wants to do one. And because he promised to do one if he became POTUS. And so far he's either delivered on his campaign promises or tried hard to.

And for the record, Trump's health care efforts were sabotaged by never Trumpers in the Senate.
I think he also probably wants to wait for tax revenue generated by tax cuts to catch up to spending reduced in a few areas that will be addressed in 2020 and beyond. (Wink wink nudge nudge...)

First, he says a bunch of crap every day that is not true. He has never offered any substantive plan for infrastructure. Second, his healthcare efforts consisted of a repeal of Obamacare with ZERO replacement plan that would have kicked 20M Americans off insurance. Thank God John McCain lived long enough to block that inhumane move.
I love the idea of kicking 20 million Americans off of health insurance. If they can’t afford to buy it unsubsidized, then they’ll be eligible for Medicaid. When you talk about capitalism and corporate profits, I have to believe you must be invested in some health insurance, you freaking phony....

Reactions: y2h
I love the idea of kicking 20 million Americans off of health insurance. If they can’t afford to buy it unsubsidized, then they’ll be eligible for Medicaid. When you talk about capitalism and corporate profits, I have to believe you must be invested in some health insurance, you freaking phony....

People will get healthcare regardless of their ability or desire to pay, the question is whether or not they should get the same healthcare as someone that is paying for it.

A dozen democrats floating censure in lieu of impeachment.

MoveOn.org has yet to be reached for comment lol.

A dozen democrats floating censure in lieu of impeachment.

MoveOn.org has yet to be reached for comment lol.

Is it because they were too stupid to realize the Senate side would be FAR more damaging to them than the whole thing would be to His Orangeness until it was staring them in the face, or was this all a fake show trial in the first place ?

Can't stage an extra fishing expedition for a censure-ing, for dirt or just headlines, but you can for a fake Impeachment & Show Trial......just sayin'....

I think he also probably wants to wait for tax revenue generated by tax cuts to catch up to spending reduced in a few areas that will be addressed in 2020 and beyond. (Wink wink nudge nudge...)
I guess he would have to reverse his exploding deficit (double of 2016 this year) in order to do that. I can’t wait for 2020 projections.

Is it because they were too stupid to realize the Senate side would be FAR more damaging to them than the whole thing would be to His Orangeness until it was staring them in the face, or was this all a fake show trial in the first place ?

Can't stage an extra fishing expedition for a censure-ing, for dirt or just headlines, but you can for a fake Impeachment & Show Trial......just sayin'....
No doubt those dozen are worried about their job, they don’t want to be like the 40 republicans that lost their seat in 2018.

You have to tip your hat to Putin...of all days to have a meeting with Lavrov to meet Trump in the Oval Office. Is there any chance this meeting was not an ORDER by Putin to demonstrate their DOMINANCE over Ukraine and TRUMP and the party of PUTIN. #CUCKCOLDTRUMP

Profound levels of TDS beginning to return for poor Hapless. Hate to see it
Can you explain why Trump met with Russian lower level (not leader to leader) today? His last meeting with Lavrov was an international disaster. PUTIN OWNS TRUMP AND ASSERTED HIS DOMINANCE the day after meeting with Zelinsky who cannot get a meeting with Trump in oval office. It is like your wife Cuckhold lover making you take him out for dinner the day after...

Can you explain why Trump met with Russian lower level (not leader to leader) today? His last meeting with Lavrov was an international disaster. PUTIN OWNS TRUMP AND ASSERTED HIS DOMINANCE the day after meeting with Zelinsky who cannot get a meeting with Trump in oval office. It is like your wife Cuckhold lover making you take him out for dinner the day after...
Happy, I think you need to take me out for dinner tomorrow....

I guess he would have to reverse his exploding deficit (double of 2016 this year) in order to do that. I can’t wait for 2020 projections.

Or just make the point that "We the People" need to elect fiscal conservatives (as opposed to "Republicans" or "conservatives" in name only) that will actually cut spending. People that understand math aren't necessarily limited to one party or the other.

You solve the deficit by getting spending to be less than receipts. Not a tough formula, but something national lawmakers don't seem to get. With 3% unemployment, welfare and most social spending ought to be near record lows if not eliminated altogether.

If you are asking me if I think that the Senate will vote him out of office, of course not. That has nothing to do with the decision to impeach him.
BTW...they are working on the USMCA. They have been negotiating it for months and it was reported yesterday that they are near agreement. The narrative that nothing is getting done is hogwash.
USMCA has been sitting there waiting for a vote how long?

Nothing is getting done.

Or just make the point that "We the People" need to elect fiscal conservatives (as opposed to "Republicans" or "conservatives" in name only) that will actually cut spending. People that understand math aren't necessarily limited to one party or the other.

You solve the deficit by getting spending to be less than receipts. Not a tough formula, but something national lawmakers don't seem to get. With 3% unemployment, welfare and most social spending ought to be near record lows if not eliminated altogether.
Welfare programs are a drop in the bucket. The biggest expenditures are social security, medicare/caid, defense, and the interest on the debt. Until you do something about the 1st three, you are spinning your wheels.

USMCA has been sitting there waiting for a vote how long?

Nothing is getting done.
USMCA is done. It will join the 275 other bi partisan bills sitting with the grim reaper. McConnell said that despite there being 3 weeks left this year, he won’t bring it to a vote until later in 2020. Yes...this urgent piece of legislation will sit for at least 2 months. Not sure what will happen to the 275 others he is stonewalling.

Some interesting tidbits in the new QU poll...

- Impeachment is now underwater at 45-51...including 44-52 with independent voters

- Drumpf approval rating on the economy - 54-42

- Personal finances better than 2016 - 57-22

What is the world gives you the impression that Trump was ready to do an infrastructure bill last year? Was that one before or after his awesome healthcare plan? He has not put forward a single thing on either subject.

Yes, he did. And his plan involved a significant amount of private money matching with public funding. Of course, dems wanted nothing to do with it; they only win power when they can dangle other people's money in return for votes.

Trump moves fast; sorry you missed it.

Some interesting tidbits in the new QU poll...

- Impeachment is now underwater at 45-51...including 44-52 with independent voters

- Drumpf approval rating on the economy - 54-42

- Personal finances better than 2016 - 57-22

The dems are driving those numbers with their utterly irrational behavior. Fun to watch.

The key is spending cuts. You and I will always agree there.

Freezes even help, but the hand-out class calls freezes cuts if they don't COLA. They are sick.

Welfare programs are a drop in the bucket. The biggest expenditures are social security, medicare/caid, defense, and the interest on the debt. Until you do something about the 1st three, you are spinning your wheels.

We spend nearly $1.2 Trillion annually on welfare (which includes Medicaid). Eliminate welfare and other wealth transfer scams and we are no longer in deficit. Reduce welfare spending to reflect a nearly 100% employment situation and we have a balanced budget.

Social Security and Medicare social programs that most Americans have contributed to over a lifetime in order to receive benefits in their old age - that's not welfare. The fact that the government screwed up the management of the money being taken from people is not their problem. Now I do agree, that the programs do need to be better grounded in financial reality (benefits received should match up to the payments received) so that they are sustainable. You can't let nearly 25% of SS/Medicare recipients receive rebates over their lifetime for the SS/Medicare taxes they SHOULD be contributing and allow them to receive full benefits AND receive COLAs for the rest of their lives when they hit the magic age - again that's still not welfare it's mismanagement on the part of the government.

We actually do cut defense spending (the only item on this list that the federal government is actually Constitutionally responsible for) on various occasions, Clinton cut defense and spent the "peace dividend" for other programs. I'm all for cutting defense spending, but to do that Congress and our other "leaders" need to figure out what the purpose of the military is. We are engaged in a global war on terrorism, we knew going in that it would be a multi-decade effort and would range all over the planet. In order to reduce defense spending you need to change the mission to fit the intended budget and that's not the role of the military it's the role of the civilian government.