I'm BAAAACK

Status
Not open for further replies.

arizonawildcat

if anyone cares. The operation and rehab went well, as I progressed from bed rest to a wheelchair to a walker to a cane in three weeks. So I'm back to proclaim the glories of the Ignatius soccer and hockey teams, while forgetting the football season. But I have a new worry. The Massillon football team, which I have dumped on unmercifully since Yappi came into existence, is on the verge of a state title. Rather I have dumped on the Tiger fans rather that the team itself. As you may recall, back in 2014 and I was given two years to live, I proposed a deal with God that I live until Massillon won a state title in any sport, boys or girls. Now I'm sweating this week. So all I can say is, "Go Lancers."

Glad you are doing better. I always thought our mutual anti-Massillon feelings went back to 1964, when they got another undeserved paper title at our expense. ;)

Glad you are doing better. I always thought our mutual anti-Massillon feelings went back to 1964, when they got another undeserved paper title at our expense. ;)

That's not true. Your team deserved the title they received, the Cleveland City championship.

?
if anyone cares. The operation and rehab went well, as I progressed from bed rest to a wheelchair to a walker to a cane in three weeks. So I'm back to proclaim the glories of the Ignatius soccer and hockey teams, while forgetting the football season. But I have a new worry. The Massillon football team, which I have dumped on unmercifully since Yappi came into existence, is on the verge of a state title. Rather I have dumped on the Tiger fans rather that the team itself. As you may recall, back in 2014 and I was given two years to live, I proposed a deal with God that I live until Massillon won a state title in any sport, boys or girls. Now I'm sweating this week. So all I can say is, "Go Lancers."
?

I hope your ordeal hasn't affected your "curmudgeonly" charm! Keep on the road to recovery.

Glad you aredoing better...I was at that 1964 Massillon-McKinley game ...both teams were deserving of a title...Both played some really good teams that season,including Massillon -Niles at the Rubber Bowl.But having the playoffs that year would have been fun to watch.

Your brothers from the Holy Cross wish you personally well, not so much to your Jesuit sport teams. When it comes to Massillon, ask me about 3rd (or 4th) and 17 in the Rubber Bowl. Not a day I like to remember.

Your brothers from the Holy Cross wish you personally well, not so much to your Jesuit sport teams. When it comes to Massillon, ask me about 3rd (or 4th) and 17 in the Rubber Bowl. Not a day I like to remember.
Bobby Huth to Brian Gamble! Great day for America and therefore the world.

It was actually 3rd and 30. I'm sure that makes you feel better.

Um....welcome back?

This post proves the relevance and importance of Massillon football throughout the nation. This guy has been sick....to the point of concerns over his life....and his first thought is Massillon football....I'm flattered.

So in Arizona do you have grass?

Glad to hear you are pulling through
Saying "you kids get out of my prickly pear cactus patch" just doesn't go over as well. I'm proud to say that I don't knowingly have a blade of grass on my little one acre of Arizona heaven. BTW, going to be sunny in the low 70's here tomorrow.

Um....welcome back?

This post proves the relevance and importance of Massillon football throughout the nation. This guy has been sick....to the point of concerns over his life....and his first thought is Massillon football....I'm flattered.

Rather than going through countless pages to find the result, can you give me the final score of the Hoban-Massillon game?

Yes, it was another title we "earned". Head-to-Head: 12 wins -1 loss outscoring the Tigers by a 443-220 margin ;)

No, you mentioned 1964. Your Wildcats finished 9th in the state. (AP Poll) So, keep your Cleveland City Championship. Didn’t Iggy play mostly Cleveland public teams?

Insensitive aholes . Respect the old fart.
He’s a tough old coot and I’d bet he will be around for next year’s 15-0 season for his beloved Wildcats. Any record worse than that would be a bitter disappointment.

No, you mentioned 1964. Your Wildcats finished 9th in the state. (AP Poll) So, keep your Cleveland City Championship. Didn’t Iggy play mostly Cleveland public teams?
Ignatius played Cathedral Latin, Holy Name, and Benedictine. Also played Parma, which back then was a pretty good team. Ignatius then played the fodder of the West Senate public schools. As I dimly recall, Ignatius and Massillon played one commom opponent, Benedictine, Ignatius beating them by 42, and Massillon beating them by 46.

Good to see Massilloonies still can't handle some good natured ribbing.
That is exactly what the Massillon guys are doing. Good natured ribbing. I know the hate is ingrained in you but if you can’t see the humor there that’s your problem.

Welcome back. I don't care what anyone says I enjoy your bantering on here with me and the rest of the Massillon people. Just hope we can win Thursday and you live to take your lumps on here afterwards. LOL. Glad the recuperation is going well.

Amazing how the Massillon peeps just can't help but be thin-skinned regardless the topic lol.

Welcome back, AZ. ?
And you can’t help interpreting everything about Massillon as negative. Says a lot about you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.