Ignatius Basketball

I guess height really does matter in basketball. Cats' rebounding edge must be huge. Cats' playing great defense and Lima playing poor offense amounts to a big halftime lead.

wait until you play Mentor. They rarely have height and counter with accurate 3 point scorers from multiple shooters.

Westerville Central is pretty good.

Assuming it is Mentor - Moeller in other half, it is a solid Final Four with the edge to Moeller.

Having watched only a few games, but to me the heart and soul of the team is Raynor. Hope I live long enough to see how good Little is by his senior year.

Westerville Central is pretty good.

Assuming it is Mentor - Moeller in other half, it is a solid Final Four with the edge to Moeller.

I don’t know why everyone automatically assumed Moe would beat Centerville.

Centerville is very good.

I'm no hoops fan but I've watched a few games this year on the interwebs and this Cat team seems pretty solid to me. Win or lose, I've enjoyed watching them play.

Go Cats!

Having watched only a few games, but to me the heart and soul of the team is Raynor. Hope I live long enough to see how good Little is by his senior year.
Hope Raynor does well at Hillsdale next year. The Chargers are having a great season, only losing two games so far and are the No. 1 seed in their region for the NCAA tourney. Maybe Raynor can step in for Ignatius allum Yarian when he graduates this year. Go Chargers!

I enjoy listening to the young man who does the play by play for SIBN. You can tell he genuinely loves what he is doing.

Bravo.
The kids do a great job. The guy doing the hockey on SIBN is really entertaining as well. I had to listen to the eds hockey broadcast once and they have adults calling the game. I like our way better.

I watched the entire Centerville v Moeller game.

Mentor is easily the best team of the 4.

I watched the entire Centerville v Moeller game.

Mentor is easily the best team of the 4.

Interesting take. Mentor had possibly their most dominant defensive performance of the season against St Ignatius. I watched Centerville/Moe and came away feeling like both teams would be pretty difficult matchups for Mentor due to their size. St Ignatius also should've fit that bill due to Raynor, but it just didn't work out that way in the regular season finale. Mentor's quickness got the best of Ignatius' size. They were able to force a lot of turnovers, which changed the game. Centerville looks like a team who will take care of the ball, which eliminates a part of Mentor's game.

It would be cool to see Mentor/Ignatius in the final. Let's hope we see an all-NEO final.

I looked at the thread '33 Ohio guys in NCAA tournament' and noticed a bench player from Ohio U that came out of Ignatius - John Tenerowicz
It's unusual to see someone from Ignatius on a D1 roster like the MAC, and even as a walk-on.
I don't recall him playing on the Wildcat varsity 3 years ago - does anyone know if he did?

I looked at the thread '33 Ohio guys in NCAA tournament' and noticed a bench player from Ohio U that came out of Ignatius - John Tenerowicz
It's unusual to see someone from Ignatius on a D1 roster like the MAC, and even as a walk-on.
I don't recall him playing on the Wildcat varsity 3 years ago - does anyone know if he did?

I don’t think he did. Believe he may have played at the lower levels, but never on the Varsity. There was another guard at Ignatius a few years ago, Nicco Carter, who played college basketball without ever playing for the Cats’ Varsity squad.

I don’t think he did. Believe he may have played at the lower levels, but never on the Varsity. There was another guard at Ignatius a few years ago, Nicco Carter, who played college basketball without ever playing for the Cats’ Varsity squad.

Thanks. Experiencing March Madness, whether on the bench or on the floor, will be a great experience for the young man. Good for him.