IF you are NOT wearing a N95 Mask does it make sense to wear a mask

sig4969

Once again we have "sheep" doing what the Government wants

If you are NOT wearing a N95 Mask, you are lowering the protection that a "mask" can gave you

and that is a fact jack

It’s all an illusion to feel safe.
Wearing a mask will not keep you safe.
The reason behind a mask is to keep your bodily fluids that might be infected to yourself.
If you have been in quarantine these last 8 weeks, you have not had any symptoms, wearing a mask is not going to prevent you from getting the virus out in public.
Best thing to do is keep your hands washed and try not to touch your face 10 times a minute.

I have witnessed first hand an individual coming out of SAM CLUB wearing gloves and a mask. Gets in their car.
Hangs their mask on the rear view mirror. Doesn’t take off their gloves and then lights up a cig and starts to smoke sticking the cig in their mouth with their glove obviously touching their face.
LOL WTF complete example of futility and stupidity.

People that I want to see wearing a mask....should be UGLY

People that I want to be 6' away from me ...
...smell bad (STINK); prefer that they be downwind...
...Creepy Joe ~ NO TOUCHING!!!

:>---

SALT

The reason behind a mask is to keep your bodily fluids that might be infected to yourself.
If you have been in quarantine these last 8 weeks, you have not had any symptoms, wearing a mask is not going to prevent you from getting the virus out in public.
Best thing to do is keep your hands washed and try not to touch your face 10 times a minute.

I have witnessed first hand an individual coming out of SAM CLUB wearing gloves and a mask. Gets in their car.
Hangs their mask on the rear view mirror. Doesn’t take off their gloves and then lights up a cig and starts to smoke sticking the cig in their mouth with their glove obviously touching their face.
Can't fix stupid

LOL

I haven't been in a bank lobby in over a year, and only
twice in the last 5 years.

SALT

If you are NOT wearing a N95 Mask, you are lowering the protection that a "mask" can gave you

and that is a fact jack
It has been found beneficial to limit the radius of aerosolized droplets from a person. So while it isn’t as good of a protective device as an n95, it does serve and important function to limit the spread of the virus from one person to the next.

Not really. If you can see any light through a mask, it is useless. In a surgical mask, about 70% of the outside air moves through the mask and about 30% travels around the sides. Fabric masks impede about only about 2% of airflow according to CDC. Any mask's efficacy - even the n95 - is based on fit and seal.

The wearing of masks by the general population and employees is Pandemic Theater at it's worst.

Yesterday a friend of mine went to Meynards to buy stuff for a bathroom he's remodeling. They required EVERYONE entering the store to be wearing a mask. They were selling masks at the front entrance. There was a line of sheep waiting to buy their mask and go in. He turned around and went to Home Depot where he dropped over a $1,000 on materials. They didn't require a mask.

I've come to the conclusion that wherever I have a choice I will NOT wear a mask. Any business that requires a mask will lose my business. It's that simple. If even 10% of consumers adopt my stance, and I suspect it will be more then that, those companies engaged in pandemic virtue signaling are not going to see their business rebound.

Wife works at a bank. They haven't opened their lobby yet, but when they do, a mask will be required. Dumb, right?

Very dumb and if my bank does this they will find that it's easy to withdraw money electronically and place it in another bank.

The wearing of masks by the general population and employees is Pandemic Theater at it's worst.

Yesterday a friend of mine went to Meynards to buy stuff for a bathroom he's remodeling. They required EVERYONE entering the store to be wearing a mask. They were selling masks at the front entrance. There was a line of sheep waiting to buy their mask and go in. He turned around and went to Home Depot where he dropped over a $1,000 on materials. They didn't require a mask.

I've come to the conclusion that wherever I have a choice I will NOT wear a mask. Any business that requires a mask will lose my business. It's that simple. If even 10% of consumers adopt my stance, and I suspect it will be more then that, those companies engaged in pandemic virtue signaling are not going to see their business rebound.

This.. I also stopped at Menards yesterday ~ Same treatment...
I turned around walked out ~ also went to HD and bought a new mower
I have the same mindset on the them losing my business!

SALT

I have a feeling Menards and their $10B revenue won't miss a beat without your buddy's $1k lol

I'll bet Menards, Costco and every other company that is requiring a mask will see an insignificant dip. For every person like you who will refuse to shop there, they'll will gain a happygoluckky who will only shop at stores that are taking precautions.

This is so true. Let me tell you about my recent trips to Kroger:

* About half the customers and all the employees are "wearing masks".

* Among employees close to half were either wearing their masks BELOW their noses or were dropped all the way down to their chin. I get it though. These were people actually working and stocking shelves. The masks are a pain to wear when you're exerting yourself physically. I have allergies and tried wearing a mask when mowing & weed eating. I decided I'd rather suffer the allergies then wear the mask.

* Of course the customers mask wearing was much worse then the employees. I'm still trying to figure out how the guy with a mountain man beard thought his little mask over his beard was effective. And there were the usual number of masks not covering the nose and other cheap looking masks that seemed to leave gaps on either side of the mouth. I guess you were safe if you stood directly in front of them when they coughed but if you were off to either side......

* And as you noted the repeated handling of the masks seemed to be quite unhygienic.

* I did buy 50 masks (from China) for $35 at the outbreak of this when I was in full sheeple mode and that style of mask seems to be the most popular. It just warms my heart to be ordered by my government to wear masks which I can only buy from China. That's teaching the commie bastards to cause a pandemic! I also wonder with the "disposable" masks coasting about 75 cents each how many folks are reusing them. Yea that's the ticket turn the masks into 21st century plague blankets!

I have a feeling Menards and their $10B revenue won't miss a beat without your buddy's $1k lol

I'll bet Menards, Costco and every other company that is requiring a mask will see an insignificant dip. For every person like you who will refuse to shop there, they'll will gain a happygoluckky who will only shop at stores that are taking precautions.
Nah.
I presume those like happy will stay hunkered down in their basements until the number of new cases is zero, a vaccine, and its required for everyone to have a tattoo on their forehead that they have the vaccine.

Maybe, maybe not. Big box stores open, thrive and then collapse on a regular basis - what ever happened to Sears & Kmart?

My guess and I'm generalizing here, is that a greater % of folk who regularly shop at these types of stores will be more sympathetic to my position then Happy's. The do it yourself people are more apt to recognize BS when they see it. More importantly they're more apt to act on it. And going to HD, Loews or Tractor Supply instead of Meynards is hardly a big sacrifice on my part.

And for how long will the mask requirement hold? A month, a year or forever?

and that is a fact jack
Hi Jack!
It has been found beneficial to limit the radius of aerosolized droplets from a person. So while it isn’t as good of a protective device as an n95, it does serve and important function to limit the spread of the virus from one person to the next.
This.
Fact- any mask, even if not N95, is better than nothing.

Who the f|uck cares? If there's a store that requires masks, but it's the store I wanna go to, I'll go. If there's a store that doesn't require masks, but it's the store I wanna go to, I'll go. It sounds like you and your friend only want the economy to open back up if it opens EXACTLY like you want it to. I'd suggest doing more online shopping going forward if you're this upset about a mask.

I went to Costco in Dayton on Saturday. There are signs all over requiring you to wear masks. BUT, I bet about half the people in there did NOT have a mask on. They didn't seem to be confronting anyone about not wearing masks. Maybe they all had one on when they entered and took it off...I don't know. I tied a handkerchief around my face for a while, then took it off.

Fact- any mask, even if not N95, is better than nothing.

Not really according to the CDC and science. Viral particles move easily around poor fitting masks like there is no mask at all.

Social distancing and hand washing far more effective than "any face mask" (home made, bandana, handkerchief held by hand, paper, etc).

and that is a fact jack

These cloth masks are to limit the spread of aerosolized particles from asymptomatic infected people. Just like the unsealed surgical masks one commonly sees in hospitals. Only a sealed full-face particle respirator can fully protect the wearer.

Not really according to the CDC and science. Viral particles move easily around poor fitting masks like there is no mask at all.

Social distancing and hand washing far more effective than "any face mask" (home made, bandana, handkerchief held by hand, paper, etc).
Wrong. "after days of speculation President Donald Trump announced on April 3 that the CDC was recommending that people use cloth face coverings in crowded places"

https://www.factcheck.org/2020/04/covid-19-face-mask-advice-explained/

These cloth masks are to limit the spread of aerosolized particles from asymptomatic infected people. Just like the unsealed surgical masks one commonly sees in hospitals. Only a sealed full-face particle respirator can fully protect the wearer.
Wow, we agree on something for once! Nice to see cabezaderpaballo actually listens to science.