If this has been answered previously, I apologize for the nuisance.

SWGA Fan

Could someone kindly tell me, the enrollment ranges of the various divisions in Ohio? And what the enrollment would be for Massillon?

OHSAA website has all that information. On the easy stuff, we prefer not to presume someone incapable, so I'll let you go have a peek. Teach a man to fish... I provided you a link with my first post on your first thread, which will show you the divisions of each school.

In case he is an idiot...
Screenshot_20230124_074435_Samsung Internet.jpg

The largest D-I schools have over 1,200 boys and the smallest school in Ohio is probably Kelly's Island with maybe 5 boys give or take.

Sigh. That alone will probably rock his world, and explaining how CB works will make his head explode.

What are you looking for exactly? How does Georgia calculate divisions for football? If you are trying to compare apples to apples.
You’re right haha.

When I lived in Michigan, I think they just counted enrollment period (boys and girls), which put schools into AAAA, AAA, AA, A. Then for football, a team had to at minimum win 6 games to make the playoffs. They have a system like we do, so computer points are awarded.

Michigan has 8 Divisions, so if 128 schools met the 6 game requirement, the biggest 16 are Divison 1, then DII….the smallest 16 are DVIII. I kind of liked that format.

Doesn’t Indiana’s enrollment also go off of boys AND girls

When I lived in Michigan, I think they just counted enrollment period (boys and girls), which put schools into AAAA, AAA, AA, A. Then for football, a team had to at minimum win 6 games to make the playoffs. They have a system like we do, so computer points are awarded.

Michigan has 8 Divisions, so if 128 schools met the 6 game requirement, the biggest 16 are Divison 1, then DII….the smallest 16 are DVIII. I kind of liked that format.

Interesting.

The 9-11 grade count puts poor performing schools in higher divisions. It is common in some schools to have 350 plus freshman listed in a class, but only have 150 seniors. If you counted seniors, it would lower their average per class.
We saw that when Brookhaven closed in the middle of the 2 year count cycle. That year, the OHSAA counted 10-12 grade for the adjusted enrollments of all Columbus City Schools. Some schools that picked up students from Brookhaven and increased the total number of students in their building actually dropped to lower OHSAA divisions because the modified OHSAA count didn't include the repeat 9th graders in the bloated freshman class numbers.
You can argue it both ways. Every kid is a "potential" athlete, but there are kids listed on school enrollment rosters that have a 0.0 GPA for 4 years and may have never even stepped foot on campus. Not counting the freshman class was a more true picture of students who were athletically eligible to participate.
I like the idea of using total enrollment for every school. It gives a better picture IMO.
Deciding the divisions after qualifying for the playoffs (as mentioned above) sounds like a logistical nightmare.

Says Illinois setup as well. Everyone with 6 wins gets in automatically. Then they fill in the rest by 5 wins. Splitting the qualifiers by size into 1A to 8A. Don't know what class you'll be until the playoffs

Can definitely see pros and cons. I doubt schools would be crazy about "bumping up" just because an above division or 2 lacks overall depth. Also computer points means more than wins obviously.

The 9-11 grade count puts poor performing schools in higher divisions. It is common in some schools to have 350 plus freshman listed in a class, but only have 150 seniors. If you counted seniors, it would lower their average per class.
We saw that when Brookhaven closed in the middle of the 2 year count cycle. That year, the OHSAA counted 10-12 grade for the adjusted enrollments of all Columbus City Schools. Some schools that picked up students from Brookhaven and increased the total number of students in their building actually dropped to lower OHSAA divisions because the modified OHSAA count didn't include the repeat 9th graders in the bloated freshman class numbers.
You can argue it both ways. Every kid is a "potential" athlete, but there are kids listed on school enrollment rosters that have a 0.0 GPA for 4 years and may have never even stepped foot on campus. Not counting the freshman class was a more true picture of students who were athletically eligible to participate.
I like the idea of using total enrollment for every school. It gives a better picture IMO.
Deciding the divisions after qualifying for the playoffs (as mentioned above) sounds like a logistical nightmare.

Definitely. They need to use actual enrollment not projected, or just change it to 9-12. Actual 10-12 is even better like you said.

He has to be one of the GA boobs from the national boards. His schtick is pretty on brand lol.

OHSAA website has all that information. On the easy stuff, we prefer not to presume someone incapable, so I'll let you go have a peek. Teach a man to fish... I provided you a link with my first post on your first thread, which will show you the divisions of each school.
So, GOD is a Buckeye?

He has to be one of the GA boobs from the national boards. His schtick is pretty on brand lol.
NOT I, said the spider to the fly! That thar national bode banned me for LIFE, three years ago! I guess I didn't fit in with the pansies
in residence.

OH, I COULD REALLY spice this baby up, but I'd just get a buncha panties in a bunch, and get cancelled yet again. But I must say, a couple of you gents are REALLY trying my patience. Try as I might to be a SWEEET lil LUUUUVABLE FUUUUUUUZZZball!:rolleyes::rolleyes:

OH, I COULD REALLY spice this baby up, but I'd just get a buncha panties in a bunch, and get cancelled yet again.
Cute, you found the woke-person's talking point bible.

You're complete amateur hour boy. You want to talk the game, it's welcome. You think you're talking smack to anyone that GAF? You're deluded. Those are mostly teachers you're talking to, hoping to inspire some intelligence out of you. They're used to third graders getting on mommy's laptop. Whether they've been successful or not? So far..... jury's out.

Sigh. That alone will probably rock his world, and explaining how CB works will make his head explode.

What are you looking for exactly? How does Georgia calculate divisions for football? If you are trying to compare apples to apples.
The only calculations they do in Georgia is the amount of jelly donuts Stacey Abrams eats or the amount of times Marjorie Taylor Greene lights up a cigarette after a 3:00 AM rendezvous with Kevin McCarthy.

It would make sense....his OHIO team can't beat us, may as well jump THAT bandwagon.
Are you talkin to me, are you talkin to MEEEEE?:LOL::LOL:

As an aside, in SOME states, there is barely electricity. I thought that I'd be nice, nice, and ask before I offended! ;)

By the BY, what's with all this animosity toward widdle ole MEEEE? To my knowledge, I haven't rankled anyone's nuggies, or peed in anyone's Wheaties. I'm merely here on a factfinding mission. WHAT GIVES?

FIRST off, Georgia calls them REGIONS in each classification. Seven classifications, with eight regions per class.

Colquitt and Valdosta are in Region 1AAAAAAA (7A) 7A is the highest classification, with 2200 coeds to infinity. All are counted together, whereas some states separate girls and boy's enrollments into two entities. In our case, the top fifty schools in the state are in the highest classification. With the next grouping, 6A, having about sixty. (approx.1400-2199) The rest are divided by the 5A-1A classifications. 1A has the most schools in the state, (approx. 85) since many schools don't play football. And until last season,1A was divided into 1A public and 1A private.

Most of the private schools in Georgia are located in the 1A classification. The remaining privates are spread throughout the 6A through 2A classifications.

When the state playoffs begin, the top four teams, according to their region records alone, enter the playoffs from each classification. Ergo, 32 teams in each classification. A predesignated format is as follows.

Ex: Region 1-7A team one, would be predesignated to play Region 4-7A team four, and so on. The winner of those matchups would play with Region 2-7A or 3-7A winners in round two according to the predetermined bracketology, with the higher seeded teams having home field advantage.
After round two, if the two teams are equal in seeding from their regions. There is a coin flip to see who hosts. Same goes for round four. The finals are held currently at Georgia State Stadium, but will move back to Mercedes Benz in 2023. But good ole Arthur Blanks issued a caveat that those games would have to be played on TUESDAY and WEDNESDAY, so we wouldn't bother the Falcons and Five Stripes.:stirthepot::stirthepot::stirthepot::stirthepot:

And then, the winner of the state championship in either 7A or 6A decides whether they will participate in the GEICO State Champions Challenge in either Frisco, Texas, or Vegas. A number of times in the past, the 7A champions have opted not to participate, due to the GEICO restriction on fifty players max, making the trip. Many coaches say, that if their kids put in the blood, sweat, and tears to prepare for the season. They deserve to make that trip. And many teams dress more than 100 players.

As an aside, in the spirit of attempting to be more concise for you Yankee boys. Could you kindly tell this ole man if players are required to pay to play in Ohio? Word on the street in the ATL is. That players are required to pay as much as $500.00 per player to be on the roster, with NO requirement from the coach, that they ever see the field. CONVERSELY, in SOWEGA, (Southwest Georgia) NOBODY pays a red centavo. The booster clubs fund EVERYTHING football.

Last edited:
The only calculations they do in Georgia is the amount of jelly donuts Stacey Abrams eats or the amount of times Marjorie Taylor Greene lights up a cigarette after a 3:00 AM rendezvous with Kevin McCarthy.
DAYUM sonny. You hit um ALL don'tcha?🤣🤣🤣 Stacy Abraham can take her fat Commie back to MEEEECHIGAN, where she came from. The only reason why she came to Georgia was for the free edumacation. She, along with about 500,000 of her Northern buddies, came slithering down to pollute our schools of higher larnin. Thus, raising the standards to receive the HOPE GRANT. And NOW, you have to virtually have a 4.0 average to qualify, up from 3.0 a mere fifteen years ago.

Cute, you found the woke-person's talking point bible.

You're complete amateur hour boy. You want to talk the game, it's welcome. You think you're talking smack to anyone that GAF? You're deluded. Those are mostly teachers you're talking to, hoping to inspire some intelligence out of you. They're used to third graders getting on mommy's laptop. Whether they've been successful or not? So far..... jury's out.
SOOOOO, teachers have time to get on a message board? THAT'S ALL that need be said about education in the Buckaroo State.

And WHAT, EXACTLY, have I talked smack about?