IF NIL money comes to Ohio HS sports, how would you regulate it?

I would keep NIL 12 feet away from high school kids. With that said, College alone has a tough time regulating NIL you think OHSAA has the horses to do anything close to that?

I would keep NIL 12 feet away from high school kids. With that said, College alone has a tough time regulating NIL you think OHSAA has the horses to do anything close to that?
Agreed.

I would also wonder, besides the very few that may have a large social media following, how giving a HS kid money to promote your business can be very profitable.

I would see it as NCAA NIL collectives using it as another recruiting tool, they already have the financial backing.

I would also wonder, besides the very few that may have a large social media following, how giving a HS kid money to promote your business can be very profitable.
That ain't the angle. The play is to get the HS kid to play for the school you support. The payoff isn't financial, it's egotistical. Give a kid some chunk of money to let you take his picture, he transfers to your alma mater, he helps you win a title, you strut and pop like you did something.

That ain't the angle. The play is to get the HS kid to play for the school you support. The payoff isn't financial, it's egotistical. Give a kid some chunk of money to let you take his picture, he transfers to your alma mater, he helps you win a title, you strut and pop like you did something.
Makes sense.

I still feel like the college collectives will use it as a tool eventually. “Partnering” with certain schools.

Coaches can choose who to play and not play for just about any reason he chooses. Plenty of kids good enough don't ever see the field, and plenty of kids see more playing time just because of who they are related to.

I don't know what you are trying to sell me, but yes, a coach cannot simply make up whatever rules he chooses.
Why can't he? As long as it's not breaking any laws, he most certainly can make up any rule he wishes. He can decide who practices, who plays, who even dresses for the game. It's his team.

I don't know what you are trying to sell me, but yes, a coach cannot simply make up whatever rules he chooses.
Yes, he can. How many times have you heard the phrase "violation of team rules"? As cincifbfan says, as long as laws aren't being violated, a coach can set the parameters he pleases.

Like I say every time this topic comes up. If anything NIL will give the public a real idea of who is skirting the rules when it comes to things like tuition help etc... Not many or any kids will be getting rich when it comes to NIL in regular high school sports.

Plus no matter how rich a person might be there is still a limit on what they may "donate." So if Danny deep pockets is currently paying tuition or paying for a new weight room one or the other will probably have to go to pay for the NIL money and vice versa.

Same goes for a business, you donate 10 grand to the athletic department for a new scoreboard that's a tax write off. You pay a High school QB 10 grand to make a burger commercial that's cash right out of your pocket with no refund. I don't care what town you live in, a HS QB commercial is not bringing 10 grand worth of extra sales.

Why can't he? As long as it's not breaking any laws, he most certainly can make up any rule he wishes. He can decide who practices, who plays, who even dresses for the game. It's his team.
As I explained to a coach who punished players who knelt during the National Anthem, no, it is not your team. It's the school's team, paid for by taxpayers.

As I explained to a coach who punished players who knelt during the National Anthem, no, it is not your team. It's the school's team, paid for by taxpayers.
And your explanation was wrong. Coach had every right to punish them.

This coach cutting a kid may be the dumbest argument I have read on here. If a kid or kids are actually getting NIL money pretty good chance they are an above average player. Coach starts cutting those kids he will probably start losing and will be fired sooner or later. Or word gets out that’s his stance there will be a lot of transfers.

Could a school or schools just leave OHSAA and allow NIL? This is a scenario I could see happening if OHSAA went for a public/private split before any NIL approval. Privates could then go NIL with OHSAA being forced to soon follow.

Could a school or schools just leave OHSAA and allow NIL? This is a scenario I could see happening if OHSAA went for a public/private split before any NIL approval. Privates could then go NIL with OHSAA being forced to soon follow.
I doubt there will be anywhere close to enough NIL money for high school athletes for it to really matter. If schools leave the OHSAA, it'll be over the myriad of more pressing issues that have been causing tension.

So I am correct, thanks.
No, you're not. If a coach suspends a player because of a possible side NIL deal, he's likely doing the rest of his team a great service by not risking future games to be forfeited because of eligibility issues, at least under the current format. He'd be potentially acting in the best interest of his team (which is where the kids being cut during tryouts in other sports argument comes in), one of numerous defenses a coach would have is he suspended a kid for taking NIL; many of those other defenses have been delineated here.