If Nick Bosa returned after his injury to play last year does OSU lose to Purdue?

hubman

Simple question if Nick Bosa returned after his injury to play does OSU lose to Purdue? With him on one end and Chase Young on the other seems like a pretty formidable front.

Bosa doesn't play offense so OSU isn't putting up anymore points if he plays. He also doesn't cover the middle of the field in coverage so Rondale Moore still gashes them. If Bosa plays OSU probably loses 42-20 or 39-20 instead of 49-20.

Hard to say one player, especially on defense, could makeup a 30 point difference. But this is the great debate today in college sports, if you have a significant injury, what threat do you pose to your future by continuing to play? Bosa made a business decision to pull the plug, get healthy and get ready for the draft combine. I'm afraid you'll continue to see this more and more.
We have to start looking at college football as the minor leagues of the NFL, because it really is.

WIth bosa, that defense is so much better so yeah, but him sticking it to the buckeyes last year in a selfish act did likely cause them a trip to the playoffs.

WIth bosa, that defense is so much better so yeah, but him sticking it to the buckeyes last year in a selfish act did likely cause them a trip to the playoffs.
No he didn’t. Rondale Moore obliterated the OSU Secondary. Look at these highlights, it’s not like Purdue’s QB had all day to throw. Moore just obliterated OSU’s Secondary. Face it, OSU just got beat.

"Accept it and move on" - guy who got banned from a high school campus for berating the coach after a loss.

"Accept it and move on" - guy who got banned from a high school campus for berating the coach after a loss.
Didn’t berate the coach, and I did accept my punishment.

It’s ridiculous to think OSU wins with Bosa, Purdue beat them every way possible. There’s no reason to be hung up on Bosa’s decision, it didn’t impact the season.

I don't disagree regarding OSU. Just thought it was funny you of all people telling fans to move on.

I don't disagree regarding OSU. Just thought it was funny you of all people telling fans to move on.
Move on from last yr and focus on this yr. This yr, they look like one of the best teams in CF, so why bother going back to the Bosa drama from last yr?

There's not a fan base with more bitter fans than Ohio State. You win 11-12 games every season, have a shot at the playoffs. Try being a fan of any other big ten school? The Buckeyes are in a GREAT position. They get more 4-5 star recruits than any other big ten school, and more than about the bottom 75% combined.

I suppose it's possible to think with Bosa in the game, he keeps his team's energy up. It's not just the athletic contributions that affect the game.

After Ohio St realized they were in a game, they seemed to just lay down until late in the 4th. There was so much more going on in that game, I'm convinvced Purdue was riding so high on the Tyler Trent emotion, any other time and place, they get destroyed by Ohio St. But on that day...

I
I suppose it's possible to think with Bosa in the game, he keeps his team's energy up. It's not just the athletic contributions that affect the game.

After Ohio St realized they were in a game, they seemed to just lay down until late in the 4th. There was so much more going on in that game, I'm convinvced Purdue was riding so high on the Tyler Trent emotion, any other time and place, they get destroyed by Ohio St. But on that day...

Purdue was certainly on an emotional high, but OSU was flat and played crappy. OSU has so much more talent and to get beat down like that says more about them that night than Purdue.

I wonder if Jeff Brohm regrets not taking the ‘Ville job. His stock has taken a major hit this yr.

but him sticking it to the buckeyes last year in a selfish act did likely cause them a trip to the playoffs.

How so? He was ruled out until December. If he would have played last year it would have been for maybe the Big 10 CG and the Rose Bowl.

I

Purdue was certainly on an emotional high, but OSU was flat and played crappy. OSU has so much more talent and to get beat down like that says more about them that night than Purdue.

I wonder if Jeff Brohm regrets not taking the ‘Ville job. His stock has taken a major hit this yr.

But his bank account is looking fine. I wasn't in his camp and was hoping he'd go. He's a flavor coach. Not a steady coach IMO. Maybe it's too soon to judge, he brought in some good recruits.

One team being on a high and the other being flat, sometimes hand in hand. I don't believe Purdue puts that kind of win in the books based upon their high alone for sure. I guess unless someone asks someone who knows, we'll never know if OSU was affected by the atmosphere. These are young kids playing and they knew what was what.

However it happened, it was talked about in Columbus for a day but will be talked about in W. Lafayette until end of days. Such is the difference in the programs.

There's not a fan base with more bitter fans than Ohio State. You win 11-12 games every season, have a shot at the playoffs. Try being a fan of any other big ten school? The Buckeyes are in a GREAT position. They get more 4-5 star recruits than any other big ten school, and more than about the bottom 75% combined.
I think you are confusing high expectations with being bitter. Most of us are not bitter.

This thread reeks of bitterness. No rational person can watch the Purdue game and think Bosa playing means they win.
That isn't bitterness, yer crazy. Do I think Nick helps OSU score inside the red zone that day? I do not. But discussing it is just something fans do. Has nothing to do with bitterness. One would think Purdue fans should be the ones who are bitter, as the games before and after the OSU game, their team were/have been pretty terrible.

If this game was 1-2 scores and Purdue ran on the side of Bosa`s backup all game, then yeah,you can make case of OSU winning. But as was mentioned R Moore looked like Julio Jones that game. That game was a Purdue perfect storm.
Our D as a whole STUNK last year. Fortunately we beat Maryland and Nebraska. Michigan still put up 39 but that's overlooked because OSU dropped 62.

Even IF, and that's a BIG IF, Bosa helps us beat Purdue, OSU gets clowned by either Bama or Clemson. Especially Clemson