Hudson vs Massillon Perry

Lep2002

This is the 4th time in the last 6 years these 2 teams have met in the playoffs. I am not sure what Perry has this year, but if they have the same coach I imagine they will be disciplined and physical. Hudson plays with tremendous pace and they have a QB that can beat you with his legs. The Explorers have averaged over 41ppg this year against a pretty tough schedule. This has a 28-21 or 28-24 type of feel to it.

This is the 4th time in the last 6 years these 2 teams have met in the playoffs. I am not sure what Perry has this year, but if they have the same coach I imagine they will be disciplined and physical. Hudson plays with tremendous pace and they have a QB that can beat you with his legs. The Explorers have averaged over 41ppg this year against a pretty tough schedule. This has a 28-21 or 28-24 type of feel to it.

Hudson could easily be 10-0 but could also be 5-5 with a few breaks one way or the other. Nearly every game they have played in has been close with the exception being the last couple.

Very typical Perry team. Same coach. Have two very nice backs that compliment each other. 6-1 240 pound FB Dion Cundiff, who has run for 1,357 yards and 20 TD’s and the very fast WB 5-11 185 pound Josh Lemon who has over 1,200 yards in just 6 games and 10 TD’s. They don’t throw much, but have done more of that the last 3 games with their junior QB, who looks to be accurate when he throws. He’s had 39, 75 and 43 yard TD passes in the last three games.
Defense has been very good against the run, but has some smallish DB’s that have played better in the last couple games, but have given up a lot of yards. Their free safety has 6 interceptions.
I look for a similar game as the last couple they’ve played against each other.

These 2 have somehow found each other a lot lately whether its week 11, 12, 13 or even 14. Other than the first one in 2014 which was in the beginning of Perry's comeback tour they have had some good games.

Hudson could easily be 10-0 but could also be 5-5 with a few breaks one way or the other. Nearly every game they have played in has been close with the exception being the last couple.

Hudson could be 10-0 or 6-4. They played 4 games decided by 7 or less and Hudson went 1-3 in those games. I am not sure about your 2nd claim either. Hudson has 6 wins by 16 or more. The last 5 games of the year have been wins by 18, 26, 28, 16, and 43. Maybe some of those were close at some point early in the game though.

Lemon sat out last night to get healthier. Perry looking stronger each week. Should be a good one.

Barring terrible weather, I agree we should seem more points than the prior meetings. I think the two teams combined for 17 total points in each of the last two playoff games (both Perry wins).

Hudson scores a lot, but gives up a ton of points as well. Suburban League National had a Big 12 feel this year (lots of offense, very little defense). Hudson played six teams with .500 records or better this year . . . I believe they gave up an average of 35 points in those games. Will need a great effort to keep Perry under that level.

Just an FYI for the Hudson faithful, if the the High School parking lot is full ( which it usually is ) there should be more than enough parking at the middle school (4201 13th St. SW #2, Massillon,OH 44646) it’s not too long of a walk but I have had to park there on occasion. If you are short on time because of the drive the Perry culinary program usually has some type of food special going on before game time.

Hopefully, our 2 key players will be back for this game. I read the teams that Hudson played and they did have a very tough schedule IMO.

This game is going to come down to which teams defense in the end makes more stops. Hudson has a 5-8, 155 pound QB that plays like he’s 6-2, 190. He can beat you with his feet or with his arm. Their running back is good too. Perry has a 6-1, 240 pound FB that has speed and tough to bring down along with a 5-11,185 speedster at wingback that is a game changer, plus their QB can run as well. The weather may effect the throwing because in the cold, the ball is tougher to grip. I’m expecting a very close game with the winner not known until late in the fourth quarter.

This game is going to come down to which teams defense in the end makes more stops. Hudson has a 5-8, 155 pound QB that plays like he’s 6-2, 190. He can beat you with his feet or with his arm. Their running back is good too. Perry has a 6-1, 240 pound FB that has speed and tough to bring down along with a 5-11,185 speedster at wingback that is a game changer, plus their QB can run as well. The weather may effect the throwing because in the cold, the ball is tougher to grip. I’m expecting a very close game with the winner not known until late in the fourth quarter.
Any indication of how good Hudson is up front on both sides of the ball?
Good Luck Panthers!

Just an FYI for the Hudson faithful, if the the High School parking lot is full ( which it usually is ) there should be more than enough parking at the middle school (4201 13th St. SW #2, Massillon,OH 44646) it’s not too long of a walk but I have had to park there on occasion. If you are short on time because of the drive the Perry culinary program usually has some type of food special going on before game time.

Good info but how bout for the the really really expensive cars and close to the door? No valet??? ;)

Good luck Perry, see you round 2 hopefully.

Good info but how bout for the the really really expensive cars and close to the door? No valet??? ;)

Good luck Perry, see you round 2 hopefully.
Come on TigerPaw! Why you gotta be so ornery? Lol! I think “Hair gel gate” has been laid to rest since 2015. I don’t think Perry is going to take this team lightly, they’re up against a formidable opponent in Hudson once again.

Any indication of how good Hudson is up front on both sides of the ball?
Good Luck Panthers!
Not too sure Murphy, they have some nice size on both sides of the ball. I watched a little of their game with Cuyahoga who runs the single wing and they looked pretty good at shutting them down? It’s definitely gonna be another interesting match up. I don’t know squat about Cuyahoga’s schemes but I do that Perry’s Wing T is probably one of the best around, unfortunately when it gets figured out then things become quite difficult.

Not too sure Murphy, they have some nice size on both sides of the ball. I watched a little of their game with Cuyahoga who runs the single wing and they looked pretty good at shutting them down? It’s definitely gonna be another interesting match up. I don’t know squat about Cuyahoga’s schemes but I do that Perry’s Wing T is probably one of the best around, unfortunately when it gets figured out then things become quite difficult.
Thats the beauty of it most plays have atleast 3 options...tough to figure out
The same play can attack 3 different spots depending on the Ds reaction.

Perry's defensive improvements to be tested by run-heavy Hudson

Perry, playing like Perry, readies for Hudson

'One at a time' approach carries Hudson back into playoffs

This has been a great game over the last five years. If I recall, Perry’s 2014 team drove the ball up and down the field on that Hudson team that had the killer defense and the stud quarterback... mr football, can’t remember his name. Perry hung with them for about 3 quarters. But Perry couldn't punch it in and then the dam broke and Hudson took over.

If Hudson’s defense isn’t all that good, then I don’t see a way for them to stop Perry and when Perry can’t be stopped they usually win the game.

This is a game I would have liked to see, but the OHSAA decision to play D1 and D2 the same night wasn't in the best interests of attendance imho.

GO Panthers!

WHERE CHAMPIONS ARE MADE AND SUCCESS IS TRADITION