Hubbard let go at Madison

Who would want this job, this guy was done before he started look for this program to head south quickly. Probably not getting a top notch coach this go around.

More about the Madison dysfunction and soft culture then anything else I'm sure. They should stick to basketball.

i looked back at a previous article, and former head coach Ricky Davis stated that dysfunction within the administration is why he resigned. this seems to be a recurring issue. until we know what Hubbard was suspended for, this is a terrible look on Madison. who would want to coach here? they have athletes, but who would want to deal with it?

Hopefully Hubbard applies for the job at Talawanda.

I've heard from a pretty good source that there is plenty of blame to go around in this situation. The administration, especially at the top, is a problem, but Hubbard didn't do anything to help the situation either.

I've heard from a pretty good source that there is plenty of blame to go around in this situation. The administration, especially at the top, is a problem, but Hubbard didn't do anything to help the situation either.
Sounds like a mess from top to bottom.

The whole Madison program is going to be in troubled waters the next few years. Administration and HC didn’t help the storm that was already brewing. Join Mohawk Talk on Facebook and you’ll see how dysfunctional the parents are too.

Hubbard was set up for failure before arrival. The administration from top to bottom is a complete mess. They allow the most vocal parents control them and its become nothing but politics. Its only going to get worse before it gets better. He had no idea what he was walking into. Good luck to the next coach that takes over!

I had heard although I can't confirm that he had multiple Edgewood players wanting to play for him,and playing for him last year. He's a good coach ,wasn't one of the good old boys in his days as an E-wood assistant,so there he is out there wanting to coach ,nice guy with maybe a little Woody Hayes attitude.

I had heard although I can't confirm that he had multiple Edgewood players wanting to play for him,and playing for him last year. He's a good coach ,wasn't one of the good old boys in his days as an E-wood assistant,so there he is out there wanting to coach ,nice guy with maybe a little Woody Hayes attitude.
I know that he's old school Edgewood. That was the days you use to rip into a kids a**. Those days don't exist anymore, unfortunately. I'm not sure how much his style meshed with the coddling that takes place towards the kids at Madison. Like mentioned above by NastyBoyz, it all started last year with Ricky Davis and some parents. Ricky too got the short end of the stick.

Still no coaching announcement heading into April.. hopefully the teacher the team is lifting with is getting those kids in shape.

Still no coaching announcement heading into April.. hopefully the teacher the team is lifting with is getting those kids in shape.
Hopefully they are coming down to hiring someone. Qualified coaches are taking up many of the vacancies. Unfortunately, I'm not sure a qualified coach would want the job. It seems to me, the school needs to start over in a lot of places now.

I'm hearing there's a chance Poff might return as head coach. Hopefully true for the boys and the program. Return of stability and ethics.

I'm hearing there's a chance Poff might return as head coach. Hopefully true for the boys and the program. Return of stability and ethics.
I’m hearing the same thing. If that’s true, I don’t understand why it’s taking so long. Make the hire and let him get to work.

I'm hearing the exact opposite. I'm hearing that Poff was interested, and interviewed, but isn't getting it. Who knows with that Administration though.
That's interesting if true. I was hearing that they had a deal worked out privately with Poff half way through last season. That would be wild if true. Like you said, who knows with this administration.