Hubbard Eagles 2021

sportster4321

Starting the thread to take us into next season. Congratulations on eagles who earned honors for The OPSA All-Northeast Inland District team.

T.C. Caffey 1st team Back
Alex Goodrich 1st team OL
Michael Zapka 2nd team OL
Nick Bowser Honerable Mention OL
Brant Boriweic Honerable Mention DB
Evan Jarvis Honerable Mention DB

Four of those players will return next season led by Caffey and Goodrick. Who knows where we'll all stand with Covid come next season. Can only wish for the best. The Eagles can be very good and are expected to be competitive in every game including SR and Poland. Not sure what the schedule will be assuming we're going back to a 10 game season. Imo Hubbard is a speedster or two away from making a run. Word on the street is skill is coming. We shall see.

Good point, 4 out of 6 of those players will be back next year. The future looks bright for The Eagles of Hubbard High.

Hopefully, the Eagles can drop down to DIV for 2021 as well.

Alot of guys are gonna have to put the baby HLE attitude and grow up. That means hit the weights!

I heard Hubbard is loaded. "A true leader needs to revolve". Who is expected to start at Quarterback? A running QB, or a passing QB? I also heard that SR is reloading. Fulton is back at QB at Poland. 2021 will be interesting,

The NE8 is a very good league. Poland has people returning as does SR. I am sure Girard, Niles and the others will put their best foot forward as well.

Hubbard should have 7-8 starters on both sides of the ball which is a good start.

Hopefully we can get back to a normal season in 2021.

Schedule:
Norwayne -Home
Mooney-Home
Shaw-Home
Poland -Home
Struthers -Away
Jefferson -Home
Lakeview-Away
Girard -Home
Niles - Away
SR - Away

Wow Hubbard Mooney regular season. This is the first time I'm hearing this. Should be a fantastic game for the area.

Not sure how I missed this. That's a fantastic schedule imo. Mooney should be improved next season. Norwayne is always a force for their size, and Shaw was also very good this past season. I hope the Eagles are up to the challenge with a veteran team returning.

Not sure how I missed this. That's a fantastic schedule imo. Mooney should be improved next season. Norwayne is always a force for their size, and Shaw was also very good this past season. I hope the Eagles are up to the challenge with a veteran team returning.
This is one "impressive schedule for Hubbard", the good thing is the first 4 games will all be played at The Beautiful.

Congrats to our new second or third year AD for putting this schedule together. This should be the new standard schedule wise for The Eagles of Hubbard High from here on out.

This is one "impressive schedule for Hubbard", the good thing is the first 4 games will all be played at The Beautiful.

Congrats to our new second or third year AD for putting this schedule together. This should be the new standard schedule wise for The Eagles of Hubbard High from here on out.

Agree, and 5 of first 6 at home to boot! I don't think that Hubbard has ever beaten Mooney in a varsity football game, some one could probably verify that. Either way, it'd be good to see a win there.

Agree, and 5 of first 6 at home to boot! I don't think that Hubbard has ever beaten Mooney in a varsity football game, some one could probably verify that. Either way, it'd be good to see a win there.

That is correct. Mooney is 14-0 vs. Hubbard. They have not played in the regular season since 1979 which was Hubbard's last football season as a member of the SVC.

Hubbard vs Youngstown Cardinal Mooney Cardinals

1961 H Mooney 12-0 Att.: 4,000

1968 H Mooney 16-0

1969 DNP

1970 A Mooney 8-6 at South

1971 H Mooney 21-6

1972 A Mooney 20-12 at South

1973 H Mooney 22-15

1974 A Mooney 34-0 at South Att.: 3,500

1975 H Mooney 30-6

1976 A Mooney 42-0 at South Att.: 8,200

1977 H Mooney 13-6

1978 A Mooney 34-6 at Rayen

1979 H Mooney 40-6

1980-2008 DNP

2009 N Mooney 55-0 D-III Regional final at Mollenkopf Stadium, Warren, OH

2016 A Mooney 27-9 D-IV Quarterfinal at Stambaugh Stadium, Youngstown, OH

Cardinal Mooney leads the series 14-0-0.

Total points: Cardinal Mooney – 374; Hubbard – 72.

Note: 1956 was the first year of Mooney football and played a season against area reserve teams going 5-2-1. They tied Niles and beat Beaver Local varsity, who also were playing their first year of football.

1956 H Cardinal Mooney 6 Hubbard Reserves 0 October 20, 1956

10/13/61 11/08/68 10/17/70 10/08/71 10/07/72 09/28/73

09/27/74 09/19/75 11/05/76 10/28/77 10/21/78 10/12/79

D-III, Region 7 final at Mollenkopf Stadium

11/13/09 Mooney 55, Hubbard 0

D-IV, Region 13 Quarterfinal at Stambaugh Stadium, Youngstown, OH

11/04/16 Mooney 27, Hubbard 9

Thanks roberto, you make all of us Hubbard posters smarter with your vast knowledge of the facts and stats.

A lot of excitement for 2021. Can't come soon enough. Finally a capable passing game. A do it all running back who's going to get stronger and faster this off-season. And seasoned linemen with size and depth. They better be ready to line up and run through teams next year. Hubbard football hasn't been right in a couple years.

Hubbard needs to hit the weight room hard. ILB's need to work on their reads. Safety's need to improve their tackling and communication with coverages. Olbs need to understand their role in the passing game. Need to find a true leader on defense.

A lot of excitement for 2021. Can't come soon enough. Finally a capable passing game. A do it all running back who's going to get stronger and faster this off-season. And seasoned linemen with size and depth. They better be ready to line up and run through teams next year. Hubbard football hasn't been right in a couple years.
A lot of experienced athletes in skilled positions.

I find it hard to believe that Andrew Frank did not make at least honorable mention in the NE-8 this year. Does someone have a list?