Hubbard at IC Week 11

Slightly past Indian Creek High School is Zalenski's (same side of road). When we go we get apps and wings. Service tends to be slow, so give yourself time. A little further up the road on the opposite side of the street is Murrays. Located in a little strip with a Big Lots. They serve burgers/patty melts, steak/chicken salads, beef tips with noodles, etc. Have daily specials. Tonight was Mushroom burger, with French onion soup. Driving through Wintersville from Steubenville you'll see DaPeppinos. Italian restaurant. Passenger (right) side of road. On the weekends they serve baked gnocchi, cheese ravs and rigs. I recommend ordering that. If you do order that be aware it will be a longer sit. Also we've got fast food joints on the main street such as Wendy's, Subway, Pizza Hut, McD's. Arby's, Burger King and Taco Bell. All on opposite side of the street if you're coming from Steubenville. Hope this helps.
This is perfect, thanks so much.

Non being negative but here are the facts about Kettlewell Stadium:

Parking is all on the home side. Long walk for Hubbard fans and it looks like stands are small on visitor's side. Band will take up most of the seats. Better get there early-seats about 4,300

Attachments

• Kettlewell Stadium#1.jpg
    Kettlewell Stadium#1.jpg
    278.8 KB · Views: 13
  • Kettlewell Stadium#2.jpg
    Kettlewell Stadium#2.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 14
  • Kettlewell Stadium#3.jpg
    Kettlewell Stadium#3.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 15
I had a Creek band parent tell me that they were bringing in extra portable stands due to the size of the band for Hubbard. He says Hubbard has north of 195 members. I am not sure how much extra capacity it is, but it should help. Restrooms are located on the home side only and yes Parking is not fun. Watch you speed as the locals love big games.

I had a Creek band parent tell me that they were bringing in extra portable stands due to the size of the band for Hubbard. He says Hubbard has north of 195 members. I am not sure how much extra capacity it is, but it should help. Restrooms are located on the home side only and yes Parking is not fun. Watch you speed as the locals love big games.

Thanks for the info, RICKER11.
May both teams come out injury free.
FYI-Hubbard's rest rooms are on the visitor's side as well as both concession stands.
5 Porta-potties are provided at home side entrance. Parking on-site fills
quickly leaving street parking as an option on home side. Away side parking
is one block away (approx. 400 yards) at old elementary building.
Our stadium holds 5,000 (3,000 on home side) and a huge (nicest one around)
band stand. Visitor's band has a section in stands.

Last edited:
Slightly past Indian Creek High School is Zalenski's (same side of road). When we go we get apps and wings. Service tends to be slow, so give yourself time. A little further up the road on the opposite side of the street is Murrays. Located in a little strip with a Big Lots. They serve burgers/patty melts, steak/chicken salads, beef tips with noodles, etc. Have daily specials. Tonight was Mushroom burger, with French onion soup. Driving through Wintersville from Steubenville you'll see DaPeppinos. Italian restaurant. Passenger (right) side of road. On the weekends they serve baked gnocchi, cheese ravs and rigs. I recommend ordering that. If you do order that be aware it will be a longer sit. Also we've got fast food joints on the main street such as Wendy's, Subway, Pizza Hut, McD's. Arby's, Burger King and Taco Bell. All on opposite side of the street if you're coming from Steubenville. Hope this helps.

Abdalla’s in Stratton is a really good steakhouse just off route 7 north of Toronto. I’d throw them in as a suggestion as well.

My wife and I were back East a couple years ago and caught a Hubbard-Struthers game at Struthers.
The Hubbard band is one of the finest bands in the entire state. (IMHO). They put on a spectacular performance.
They are impressive and represent Hubbard superbly. ?
Most kids wouldn’t be caught dead in any band. It’s a shame there’s not more participation in football programs and marching bands. A sign of the times tho. Too many things to distract kids nowadays.

Best of luck on Saturday Eagles!

Well. This thread has deteriorated to food and bands. LOL. I don’t think either team is very confident. And all a win gets you is playing Perry.
Well this is apathy week. With all the teams awaiting their eventual demise to Perry, people just don’t give a rat’s anymore.

Traffic on this forum is a shell of even last year.
pure and simple apathy.

Well this is apathy week. With all the teams awaiting their eventual demise to Perry, people just don’t give a rat’s anymore.

Traffic on this forum is a shell of even last year.
pure and simple apathy.
Perry isn’t going to just blowout everyone in the region, will the probably win yes but blowing everyone out I don’t think so. CVCA can play them tough, and week 13 won’t be easy

Game day. Time to prove everyone wrong Eagles. Are you going to lay down or go into Wintersville and take a very winnable game. IC is something like 0-7 0-8 all time in play off games. They are hungry to get that first win. Should be a packed house. Don't let you be that team Eagles. Take care of business!

Game day. Time to prove everyone wrong Eagles. Are you going to lay down or go into Wintersville and take a very winnable game. IC is something like 0-7 0-8 all time in play off games. They are hungry to get that first win. Should be a packed house. Don't let you be that team Eagles. Take care of business!

IC has 6 playoff appearances, all in the last 8 years but this is their first home playoff game. Their record is 0-6. according to WTOV.
2011, Lost to Steubenville, 69-13; 2012, Lost to West Holmes, 35-7; 2015, Lost to Steubenville, 40-0;
2016, Lost to Steubenville, 34-14; 2018, Lost to Hubbard, 51-21; (I only found 5)

GO EAGLES !!!!

IC has 6 playoff appearances, all in the last 8 years but this is their first home playoff game. Their record is 0-6. according to WTOV.
2011, Lost to Steubenville, 69-13; 2012, Lost to West Holmes, 35-7; 2015, Lost to Steubenville, 40-0;
2016, Lost to Steubenville, 34-14; 2018, Lost to Hubbard, 51-21; (I only found 5)

GO EAGLES !!!!

The one you are missing is a 1996 loss to Thornville Sheridan.

I don't know if you want to count this or not but before the merger that created IC the old Wintersville HS was 0-1 in the playoffs also losing to Big Red in 1985.

Good luck Eagles.

Last edited: