East Cleveland Shaw - Away
Struthers - Home
Jefferson-Away
Lakeview - Home
Girard - Away
Niles - Home
Poland - Away
South Range - Home

I don’t see less then 7-3, got some lineman to resatar to replace mainly but I’m sure they’ll find that

I'm hearing some good things coming out of the weight room early on. Caffey is slowly turning into a monster and has lived in the weight room since the season ended. Not exactly sure who they're going to start at QB. The freshman would provide a huge mobile burst but the passing game would be non existent. The senior is built like a tight end with a pretty good arm but not much confidence. If the senior can figure out how to put it together he could have a great year. Regardless it should be the Caffey show. Hopefully some of the newcomers step up behind him.

How many returning starters on offense

I count 4, including Krisuk at QV. Others are Caffey at RB, Goodrick at C, and Frank at WR.

Gone are Matisi, Galano, Best, Bednarik, and Scheidegger up front. Resatar, Harris, Thomas, Wess are also gone.

The line was their bread and butter, they need to get that taken care of first, struthers the same but struthers will not be a line reliant team like they were under Kuntz

FYI, Hubbard All-Sports Hall of Fame 2020 Inductees:

Attachments

• 2020 Hubbard All-Sports HOF Inductees.jpg
    2020 Hubbard All-Sports HOF Inductees.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 32
Hey welcome back Hubcapper. Its been dull around here. Thanks for the shout out.

Check out Alliance Aviators thread.
I posted right after you did, It'll be interesting on what kind of response the Alliance posters give. If I'm not mistaken, I thought they had a conflict on scheduling for this coming year, that's what I somewhat remember.

In my opinion, the perfect OOC schedule for The Eagles of Hubbard High for years to come would be:
Alliance
Canfield
Howland

I could easily live with those 3 teams for years to come.

100% agree with Capper. Give me those 3 and call it a day. There are a lot of quality opponents around for the Eagles to schedule. Unfortunately the new AD is cleaning up a mess left by someone else. Teams I wouldnt mind seeing on the schedule in the future are Salem, Sharon, Mooney, Ursuline, Boardman, and of course Canfield/Howland. Boardman is borderline. A lot bigger is size but I think more years than not Hubbard can compete with the Spartans.

100% agree with Capper. Give me those 3 and call it a day. There are a lot of quality opponents around for the Eagles to schedule. Unfortunately the new AD is cleaning up a mess left by someone else. Teams I wouldnt mind seeing on the schedule in the future are Salem, Sharon, Mooney, Ursuline, Boardman, and of course Canfield/Howland. Boardman is borderline. A lot bigger is size but I think more years than not Hubbard can compete with the Spartans.
you could throw Chaney and East in there as well, problem is there might be times they are really good and times they are really bad, could be a harbin disaster

I'm still not over the shafting Bay gave Hubbard, that was a real nice opener and I was looking forward to seeing them here the following year. It was a 2 year deal remember, with the second year being played at "Beautiful Hubbard Memorial Stadium" and they backed out of the contract so that they can have another home opener up there.

Remember, Hubbard was the largest D4 in 2019, they should be a small D3 rather quickly in the near future. I would like to see Hubbard's OOC teams either D2 or D3, that's why I prefer Alliance, Howland, and Canfield, plus they're all money games.

4 home games at "The Beautiful" this year is horrible for all of the Hubbard faithful. Why are we playing "at Norwayne first" leaving us with a paltry 4 games? Hubbard packs the homeside stands with fans even standing around the fence close to the field. I hope this new AD learns from this atrocity.

I’m guessing the norwayne game just kinda had to be thrown in there as an away game because alliance backed out late, is there a chance for 7 home games next year? Or most likely 6?

I’m guessing the norwayne game just kinda had to be thrown in there as an away game because alliance backed out late, is there a chance for 7 home games next year? Or most likely 6?
Your guess is as good as mine, I have no answer. What irritates me is if Alliance wanted to switch home games for 2020 and Hubbard's AD said no (go to Alliance's 2020 thread) then turns around and schedules "Norwayne away" instead makes no sense at all.

Maybe this job is way over his head with this new AD.

2020 Varsity Schedule

Creston Norwayne - Away
Howland - Away
East Cleveland Shaw - Away
Struthers - Home
Jefferson-Away
Lakeview - Home
Girard - Away
Niles - Home
Poland - Away
South Range - Home
2021 Varsity Schedule (Just speculating)
Creston Norwayne-Home (Unless they pull a "Bay" on us)
Howland-Home
East Cleveland Shaw-??? (I hope this team is definitely not on the 2021 schedule)
Struthers-Away
Jefferson-Home
Lakeview-Away
Girard-Home
Niles-Away
Poland-Home
South Range-Away

That's 5 home games without East Cleveland Shaw for 2021 at "Beautiful Hubbard Memorial Stadium" in 2021.

I think they (AD) owe the Hubbard faithful a 6th home game next year to compensate for this coming year's horrendous schedule (1 home game in the first 5 games, "that's half of a season" folks).

I see The Eagles of Hubbard High are back in D3 R9. Not really surprising since they were the biggest school in D4 last year.

Others from The Valley in D3 are Howland, Canfield, Chaney, Niles, East and not that far away Alliance. That's a nice fit for Hubbard.

OHSSA 2020 Adjustment Enrollment Numbers for D3 (including the CB) are 272-375. Hubbard is the smallest in the division at 272.
Chaney 296, East 310, Canfield 321, Niles 322, Howland 339, Alliance 371.

Come on man...Louisville and Hubbard would be an great game. Both schools have great sport facilities, both already play basketball against each other and both have a great football tradition. Would also like to see NE8 schools Struthers and Poland on the Louisville schedule.