How would St. Eds fair?

So I was looking at the National Prep Tournament results wondering how St. Eds would do if they ever decided to compete there instead of in the Ohio State tournament. Blair won this years tourney with 354.5 points and Wyoming Seminary took second with 252.5 points.

At the Ironman this past year Eds took second to Blair by 12 points and Wyoming Seminary took 4th.

What are your thoughts if they were to ever compete?

So I was looking at the National Prep Tournament results wondering how St. Eds would do if they ever decided to compete there instead of in the Ohio State tournament. Blair won this years tourney with 354.5 points and Wyoming Seminary took second with 252.5 points.

At the Ironman this past year Eds took second to Blair by 12 points and Wyoming Seminary took 4th.

What are your thoughts if they were to ever compete?

Probably 2nd or 1st.

After next year however it will be wide open in D1.

There is alot of truth to that. Much better chances for upsets in team races, but most of the top teams will still be reaching the podium. I was a proponent of both tourney and dual team champs like a few states have,

I don't THINK accredidation has much to do with it. If I'm wrong, let me kbow.

The schools competing at National Preps are NOT members of their state association, and virtually all have some sort of boarding option (whether it's all-the-time like Blair, or a five-day like McDonogh).

Yes the IB Program is what I was referring to and it is a marked departure from the old blue collar days at St. Ed's. Apparently they have moved forward so quickly with the program that they are now a training site for US based schools that are implementing the curriculum. Looks like a new Holy War for the best & brightest students is brewing!

Yes the IB Program is what I was referring to and it is a marked departure from the old blue collar days at St. Ed's. Apparently they have moved forward so quickly with the program that they are now a training site for US based schools that are implementing the curriculum. Looks like a new Holy War for the best & brightest students is brewing!

:clap: Great to hear it !

St. Eds is one of a number of sites throughout the US for IB training. Also the first school in Ohio to host IB training. The training is provided by the state IB association, St. Eds merely hosted the training and will likely become a regular host of IB training. However, it is quite possible in the future that St. Eds will be the only host of IB technology training as there are only two sites in the world that currently host this type of training.

The inclusion of the IB curriculum into the school will not mean that St. Eds will become a "prep" school in the sense mentioned above, it will however elevate the education level for the students and has already attracted more top tier students. "Blue Collar" workers do have academically talented kids and they too will benefit from the IB curriculum. But there is plenty of room at the school for all students of various education levels and abilities.

Last edited:
Sorry I'm not familiar with this IB training? What is it? What does IB stand for? Details about this sounds like cutting edge educational tool?...???? sorry just haven't come across it out here in the sticks.