How to turn around the dwindling participation in girls basketball?

Yappi

Go Buckeyes
What can be done to turn around the dwindling participation rates in girls basketball? Would rule changes help? More rec leagues?

You can find a large number of boys shooting baskets that do not play organized basketball. Not sure the last time I saw a random girl that wasn't a basketball player shooting baskets at a park or rec center.

Stirred not Shaken

What can be done to turn around the dwindling participation rates in girls basketball? Would rule changes help? More rec leagues?

You can find a large number of boys shooting baskets that do not play organized basketball. Not sure the last time I saw a random girl that wasn't a basketball player shooting baskets at a park or rec center.
Nothing. H.S. sports in general are slowly or not so slowly are dying off. Football many D-6 to D - 7 schools have less than 35 players. Numbers are down in most sports including boys bball. Just a sign of the times but girl sport participation seems worse. I keep posting this and i get blowback, but kids just down want to put in the work to play sports rather get a job and get pd. or be on their dumb phones.

Thavoice

Females, by nature, are less inclined and interested in sports. Just the way it is.
For quite a long time there was solid growth, some of it through govt programs, but as a whole more were participating.

Nowadays, and this happens in boys and girls sports, they are starting earlier and earlier, playing more and more, and costing families more and more. What we see is those who are not 100% serious are fleeing for other things.

Also, as alluded to, the cost. We cannot discount the factor of $$ into this at a young age. I saw this first hand in a job I used to have, families will spend all they can on their son's sports, but with their daughters it tends to go the cheaper route. Just the way it goes as a whole.

What can we change to increase participation?

Stewie Griffin's time machine and execute the adults that started AAU across all the sports.