How is the Off-Season Weight Training going for the Football Team?

Who really cares---the mediocre attitude and program will continue as long as they have "Sigh"bak in control. How hard is it to get the right guys on the field for an offensive play(ok seriously, I know it is more difficult then people think, but don't you think they would have been better at it as the season went on?) I am watching week in and out delay of game penalties, time-outs and terrible play calling. Not even to mention the defensive side of the ball. I know this guy Socrates, Aristotle or Plato---whatever his name is, was supposed to be good, but can he even see the field over the turf? How many defensive coaches are even on staff, because watching practice it seemed like he was doing it all(which by the way am not even sure if he knew what he was doing)? Is he even coming back---the rumor mill says he is a finalist for the Revere job---that would be entertaining.
Hit those weights boys, only to win 3 games next year!

Who really cares---the mediocre attitude and program will continue as long as they have "Sigh"bak in control. How hard is it to get the right guys on the field for an offensive play(ok seriously, I know it is more difficult then people think, but don't you think they would have been better at it as the season went on?) I am watching week in and out delay of game penalties, time-outs and terrible play calling. Not even to mention the defensive side of the ball. I know this guy Socrates, Aristotle or Plato---whatever his name is, was supposed to be good, but can he even see the field over the turf? How many defensive coaches are even on staff, because watching practice it seemed like he was doing it all(which by the way am not even sure if he knew what he was doing)? Is he even coming back---the rumor mill says he is a finalist for the Revere job---that would be entertaining.
Hit those weights boys, only to win 3 games next year!

Nice first post. I like you. Your name should be "Bulldog Basher" though.

Well, truth be told, I am not looking for friends (thanks for the support though), I am just looking for our football team to catch up to the reputation of our academics at school. As a long time community member the program has been embarrassing for just about the past 7 or so years!
In all seriousness, does anyone have info on what is going on at Bulldog Blvd?

Why sure, its pretty simple. We let a couple of parents run the best HC we may have EVER had out of town (a tireless worker and super human being). These pieces of work along with a super, principal and board president buried their heads and let their power do the damage and Whalla we get to experience a mediocre product for the next 6 years. Its as simple as that. Then we have a chance to correct this wrong and we go out and get a HC with a career losing record (but oh boy can he talk a great game, hence the interviewing that got him the job). He then goes out and assembles a mediocre (there are a couple of good ones on it) support staff. Now I'm no expert but if I'm not that good I'd at least be smart enough to hire the best darn assistance coaches I could to make me look great. Ok there you have it but I guess we're suppose to throw our support at this so I better not say how I really feel, LOL.

I am certain that he (Cybak) would be willing to interview both of you for coaching jobs. All you have to do is contact him. I don't understand all of the cracks on the height of the coaching staff. I didn't know that there was a required height to be a good coach. I will offer this though, BF is right about the parents in that community, they run the show. The coach is nothing more than a front for it. If the parents would let the coaches coach and keep their hands out, I think you would see a change.

As for McV, he was a good coach, but not a world beater. His dismissal has been 5 or 6 years ago now, it is time to move on from that. It is not Cybak's fault or even Stacy's before him, that McV was let go. IT is time to rally suppolrt, not criticism and the constant childish-berating of the coaches' heights. How they coach can be graded and disputed, but the height is just an assisnine thing to comment on. Then again, that is what is expected from Green people now. Never that the kids messed up, they made mistakes and didn't do their jobs that they were drilled on all week, only that the coaches are vertically challenged and that McV is not there anymore and someone pee'd in my Cheerios!

Wish I was, I remember reading that guy's stuff. Hilarious. I would be honored to know him, let alone be related to him. I think I heard he got an STD and is in University Hospital in bad, bad shape. Not many withdrawals or deposits being made by Tha Bank nowadays!

I think you read my post wrong...nothing in there is false and I would never reach out for an interview because I don't trust and believe in what he is preaching to the kids. He can talk a great game and get kids real excited for games and the season, but when it comes down to it, he gets out coached bottom line!
As far as this new guy last year on defense, I was speaking honestly when I say I don't know how good he really is. The kids seem to speak highly of him and like him, but I watched practice a few times and it honestly looked like he was by himself. Is he a good thing for the program or just another passer by, looking to move somewhere else? I just really don't know if this team can do anything with Cybak as the leader.
3-7 is my prediction!!!

3-7 could be a reality if the kids don't buy into it either. The issue you have is you are making it a personal issue with a guy you pronbably don't even know. Neither do I, but I have coached before, and the easiest thing to do is be what I call a stadium coach; the guy who knows exactly what the teams needs to do and who they need to be playing, but will never put on a whistle and do it. So why did Stacy not succeed? Was he not bought into by the players? There is so much more that goes into coaching high school football that most people, unless they are involved, do not understand. The guy has bee nthere 2 years, and I think that any program that flips coaches like the Browns do are usually going to be in the same boat as the Browns are.

As for the defensive guy, he is a good coach. He is young and excitable, but the kids do appear to like him and they buy into what he is selling. He is no-nonsense type of guy who demands the kids play hard and play smart. If you recall, while there were a lot of delay of games and timeouts needed by the offense, there were quite a few of personal fouls called on the defense for hits leading with the helmet. If you saw any of the practices, whic hI did, they practices tackling drill daily and preached not leading with the head. SO do you still blame that aspect on the coaches also? Too often the coaches get too much of the credit during wins, and too much of the blame in losses. But the coaches take it because they are the front men and they are also standing up and protecting their players. I don't think you will find a guy that is moire willing to help his players and do the right thing when it comes to their livelihood than Coach Cybak, just my 2-cents. Whether it translates int oWs on the field or not is yet to be seen.

Well, I guess we have differing opinions then. Cybak has been out coached in every game I have seen them play in, including most of the ones they have won.
Is the staff there staying in tact or are the reshuffling to try and find new coaches?
The team graduated a LOT of seniors and the underclassmen did not seem all that great, but then again 5-5 is great for Green Football. Who will the key players be and no one has actually said how weights are going for the team?
I have heard rumors that there are at least 2 guys on staff not returning and again heard more rumors that the dc has looked else where because he was not happy here. Is there truth to either? Where are all the green faithfuls to help us learn what the heck is going on with the program?

Weight training goin good!

It's basketball season and the team is currently 14-2 and off to one of their best starts ever. Then its baseball season. Why don't you wait a few months and then we'll talk about where things are at!

BF- you are correct it is basketball season and the boys are playing great. Unfortunately it will not result in a suburban league title after the loss to Copley, but we can hope they play well at districts and make some noise.
The track team also shows some promise as they have some serious speed, but they also lost a lot in the way of Pratt and some talented throwers.
Last I checked this was the football forum, so I was trying to drum up some football chatter to see where all lies for the bulldogs, but your comments show the flaw with our Green system. I am a supporter of ALL sports and know they are all important, but it is football that "should" drive the community and school and that is our problem here. We are satisfied with mediocre football and just say...well its basketball or track or so on and we will talk about football later. It should be addressed NOW!!! I know you probably think differently, but those are my thoughts.

Just because there aren't a lot of Green folks on yappi like some other districts doesn't mean we don't care about our program. People do. What are you personally doing (outside of this site) to get more excitement going?

Sorry...don't want to forget baseball---I think this could be their best team in a few years with some strong seniors there too!

So you think they have the ability to go to the final four like they did two years ago?

What pitching do they have? They lost two good ones from last year.

BF- I have been in the community talking with many and as I understand it, Mr. Johnson has had quite a few conversations with community folks that express the same concerns I do and he has be open and willing to talk with all of us. I wish I was Barack Obama and had the answers for this community to actually support the one sport that has the largest following, but our community is more about equality and not looking favorable upon one sport over another. That is why we have not been able to get over the hump athletically here. Academic standards do not equal athletic standards in Green. It is a shame, but I can honestly say I do not have the answers, I just hope that the issues come to the forefront and people stop acting like they don't exist.

I do believe the baseball team can be as good or better then that baseball team, but pitching will definitely make or break the team. I would look for some athletes to pitch by "comity" instead of 2 or 3 stud pitchers. Wallace is a good coach and he will figure it out I am sure!

BAcker,

You just made my point. It is not necessarily the coach in Green, it is the people and the parents! THey want everything to be fair! They want to win, absolutely, but not at little Jimmy's expense! He deserves to play! Everyone's son is an all-star in Green and should be treated as such! THAT is the mindset. You just said as much in your post, so it is not all about the coach.

J-ATTITUDE REFLECTS LEADERSHIP(a great movie by the way). The community has that attitude, I agree. Is it not part of the coaches responsibility to shift that attitude and force them to believe that he and his staff are moving the program back in the right direction. I will however agree that our community is not helping the cause, but it is definitely a shared breakdown there!

As far as coaches not returning, I am extremely curious because I have heard a lot of noise about movement with the staff leaving, but no one confirming any of it or talking about who is coming in. I have heard 2 or 3 coaches on the offense that will not be back and completely new defensive staff?

I have now heard the DC's name mentioned with 2 other jobs, so it seems that he is looking to bail the sinking ship and have no idea who even helped him out last year that they need to replace.

Who were all the coaches on staff last year anyways? There were a ton on the sidelines during the games.

BAcker,

You just made my point. It is not necessarily the coach in Green, it is the people and the parents! THey want everything to be fair! They want to win, absolutely, but not at little Jimmy's expense! He deserves to play! Everyone's son is an all-star in Green and should be treated as such! THAT is the mindset. You just said as much in your post, so it is not all about the coach.

I have not witnessed this in Green where parents want everything to be fair (HS level now). There isn't a parent in the world that doesn't want their kid playing more. When they know how much effort their son or daughter is putting into it they want it rewarded, period. If you think only parents in Green hold their own kids in high regard and think they are better than they actually are you are a fool. How exactly are the parents losing games on the field that should be won?

I have not witnessed this in Green where parents want everything to be fair (HS level now). There isn't a parent in the world that doesn't want their kid playing more. When they know how much effort their son or daughter is putting into it they want it rewarded, period. If you think only parents in Green hold their own kids in high regard and think they are better than they actually are you are a fool. How exactly are the parents losing games on the field that should be won?

I totally agree about the losing games that should be won theory(Choking on many occasions by sighbak) to a small degree, but parents in our community are losing these games by putting pressure on coaches to play kids based from your earlier statement. The sad part of our community is that too many parents believe their kids should be rewarded for "putting in the work", while I agree that it is important for kids to understand that hard will lead to success in the long run, I completely disagree that kids should just play because they put the work in. WE will never fully succeed with that attitude. WE must get past this attitude of my kid comes, so he/she should play and move to putting the best athletes on the field to win and my son/daughter will benefit from being a part of a TEAM!

I watched many football games last season and saw kids who could not play on Thursday nights with the freshmen out there getting reps in games on Friday nights. Is the reason the played because they, "were getting rewarded for the time the put in" or were they the best to play? If you tell me these kids should have played because they were the best, you are crazy.

If we want to match our athletics with our academics, we must change the way we think. This is a competitive world! There are those who succeed and those who think they should have been rewarded for their work and complain about not being higher up in their jobs. Which do we want to create here with our athletics?

First off, please understand I never said a kid should get to play because he put in the time in the off season. I said that the parents think he should get the time and why wouldn't they? I totally disagree with you assessment that kids get play time strictly because their parents dictate that to the coach. He knows his job is on the line. I also disagree totally that kids were playing friday nights that shouldn't have been, the coaches are on the line. I know each and every player pretty well and like it or not the kids in place were probably the best we have and IMO good enough to win games we should win and probably not good enough to steal any games. The Lake and Nordonia games are both games that should have clearly and easilly been won but I feel the staff let them down in both. Highland and Tallmadge are games we usually would hope to play well and steal but had no shot with whatever we did.

Just pulling your chain there big guy.

american-bulldog-pictures-i8.jpg