• 9am

Votes: 11 39.3%
  • 10am

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • I'm calling the police!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Sig Hansen

Just finished the first cut of the season. I work 3rd shift so I plan on cutting the grass at 7:30am this summer after I'm done with work. I'm not going to mow on weekends because I don't want to piss the entire neighborhood off, but I don't think starting at 7:30 on a weekday is unreasonable.

And yes I know it's not good for the grass to cut it that early, that's why I keep a razor sharp blade.

I worked at a landscaping business at one time in college and we never mowed residential lawns before 9 am. When we started early, we started with commercial sites and saved the residential areas for late morning and early afternoon. I would also call 730 a richard move.

As a retaliatory measure, this often depends on how early the neighbors have been allowing their dogs to be richards whilst the rest of the 'hood is still attempting to take it real easy.

Mowing on Sunday is something I would never do. Nice to have one day of the week that is reasonably quiet.
Rare myself, only because I want mine done before the weekends.

Most of my neighbors are only weekenders so it is not uncommon for me to do 4-5 places at a time, usually wed-fri. I dont even do them on a weekend.

I figure if I'm up and the dew isn't on the grass were good to go. Why else would they put lights on them if you weren't supposed to mow before daybreak?

Also, distance from neighbors would be a significant consideration.

Why not wait to mow right before going to work?

Sleep in the morning. Mow in the evening. I don't think I have ever mowed grass in the morning. Lol

You were thinking the way I was when I first read the question. I often leave grass late in the fall and then try to mow every month of the year. I didn't get my Feburary grass mown this year but January was no problem.
My last one is usually late November-ish. Constantly burning leaves well into late December typically and 1-2 times in the spring (just did on Sunday)

I'm a midnight mower...... turn on the flood lights and a mowing I will go..... typically in the buff to air out before I get my booty sleep!!!!!!

I used to work 3rd shift and would mow about 7 AM in a mostly elderly neighborhood. Never had an issue.

They have stand your ground now.

Officer, he tried to run me over. I had to protect myself.
Lady, you shot him from the bedroom window.
I didn't want to wait until the last moment.

I figure if I'm up and the dew isn't on the grass were good to go. Why else would they put lights on them if you weren't supposed to mow before daybreak?

Hey! That's right. If the law doesn't want me mowing after midnight they shouldn't allow those things to have lights. I can thin the heard of toads much better at night when they're out and about.