How do you pick the tournament?

Michael Bluth

What is your strategy for filling out a bracket?

Gut feeling
Eyeball test
Seed-based
Metrics/Analytics
Matchups
Contrarian
Jersey colors
Etc.

?

Same. Although it never really works out too well for me. Always seem to do well in fantasy football/basketball. The tourney is something I never exceed in.

In the past I've always gone purely on gut feeling mixed with a bit of contrarian (because that's typically what can win you the bracket). But as I've watched fewer college basketball games increasingly over the past five or six years, my ability to pick on feel has become poor. Last year I started to mix in analytics and this year I'm going to go full blown survival analysis in my money brackets. Still gotta have one gut feeling bracket though since that's more fun

eye test from as much as i've watched this season (which isn't a ton)
gut feeling/contrarian - got a pick a couple upsets in the first round and then see where that leads in the next round
no matter what i usually end up with chalk in the FF. :)

Gut feeling, and I always pick against West Coast teams because I feel like they struggle in the tournament. So I'm picking against Arizona, Gonzaga, UCLA and Oregon this year

I usually only go with ACC, old/new Big East and SEC teams to go to the final four. That being said I never do very well in the bracket challenges because I usually get my 1-2 cinderella picks wrong

Prior to the last two years, I went by seedings with a bit of contrarian and gut-feel thrown in. Not much success. Now, I use a simple Excel-based program, which has been as bad or worse. (Too many variables that are not taken into consideration, I imagine) .I think the girl who won the office pool last year (or her husband) went by Vegas picks of some sort. Imagine that. :)

I also never pick repeat cinderella teams, such as FGCU. The odds of the same school going on another run like that are way too low to pick them, but a lot of people are picking FGCU to do it again this year

I also never pick repeat cinderella teams, such as FGCU. The odds of the same school going on another run like that are way too low to pick them, but a lot of people are picking FGCU to do it again this year

I get it, FSU's a historically bad Tournament team.

FGCU getting way too much upset love. They were 4-5 before January (read: before playing terrible teams in their conference) when going against .500 or above teams. The run they had a few years ago in the tourney was ridiculous though

I don't trust Florida State at all in the tournament but they should be able to at least out-athlete their way past FGCU. I don't think much of Maryland or Xavier either, but any of those 3 could make the Sweet 16

You have moxie. As good a chance as anything else. I have three ones and a two (on my official bracket), though I was tempted to go with two twos. (No comments from the peanut gallery). Why not three or four twos? It can happen.

Seriously. Those Cali girls!

And yes, the tourney has a way of sneaking up on us (re filling out brackets).