How do you like your steak cooked?

ronnie mund

I personally prefer rare. Anyone get their steak cooked blue? What kind of a jump are we talking from rare to blue?

Medium, but just about any way as long as it's not too rare (bloody) or too well done ("ruint", per Larry Bird).

Medium-Rare to Rare for me for a steak. I won't eat a hamburger that's red inside, due to bacteria contamination of a burger being ground, but a steak should be good. A blue steak sounds disgusting though...

cook-a-steak-blue-rare-medium-welldone.jpg

Got to be medium rare for a standard steak or Pittsburgh rare, (one that has been heated to a very high temperature very quickly, so it is charred on the outside but still rare on the inside) for a prime steak.

As a follow up where was the best steak you ever had? Mine would be at Peter Luger in NYC, been around since 1887 buy make sure you bring cash because they don't take credit cards. https://peterluger.com/

Rare to medium rare.

On the grill, depending on the steak size...just 3 or so minutes each side.

Anything above medium is just plain bad and even medium is pushing it

As long as a steak is seared on the outside, it's perfectly safe to eat. Now hamburger is a completely different story. I won't eat a hamburger that's pink inside.

That's not what I meant. I just cant eat bloody steaks and I err on the more done side.

Totally agree on the burgers.