Hoover Dominants Jackson in District Semi Final

WhatsupDoc

Hoover lead from start to finish. Was never really a game. That was very impressive. Jackson had a hard time even getting a shot off. After watching the Hoover game and the second half of the GlenOak Louisville game, I would say that Hoover is a heavy favorite to win the District, possibly the Region. Good Luck All!!!

Region is a stretch but they're definitely rolling right now.... impressive defensive effort by the Vikes.

I don't think the Region is a stretch. Talking with some of the Hoover parents last night, they said the other teams in the region aren't as good as they have been and think they have a very good chance of Winning the Regional.
I don't think Hoover can win State MND sounds really good.

Good Luck All

I agree the regional is open, very down compared to years past. Heck the Federal was way down from years past. NC played unbelievable against Jackson. If they continue playing in that fashion they absolutely have a shot at regional. GO and NC play pretty brutal schedules and it def helps at this time of year. Jackson not so much and it showed. Tonights district final should be interesting. Barring a disaster nobody is touching CMND.
I don't think the Region is a stretch. Talking with some of the Hoover parents last night, they said the other teams in the region aren't as good as they have been and think they have a very good chance of Winning the Regional.
I don't think Hoover can win State MND sounds really good.

Good Luck All
I agree
Hoover lead from start to finish. Was never really a game. That was very impressive. Jackson had a hard time even getting a shot off. After watching the Hoover game and the second half of the GlenOak Louisville game, I would say that Hoover is a heavy favorite to win the District, possibly the Region. Good Luck All!!!
the

I just don't see GlenOak being able to keep up with Hoover. GlenOak's best player is out with a knee injury. So that is one less player Hoover has to defend. After what they did to Jackson Vikings should pull away easily.

I just don't see GlenOak being able to keep up with Hoover. GlenOak's best player is out with a knee injury. So that is one less player Hoover has to defend. After what they did to Jackson Vikings should pull away easily.
I guess thats why they play the game. NC was def a different beast than in regular season. The defensive intensity and hustle/physicality was fully on display. GO’s player has been out and they have learned how to adapt without her. But it def hurts depth for GO. GO has to match the intensity NC brings. Its hard to beat a team 3x in one year, especially back yard neighbors that know each other so well. Never count out a Wackerly coached team.

How does this happen? North Canton was 12-12 and Jackson was 21-2 and Jackson gets crushed by 27!?!??. Who did Jackson play all year to get such a record? Were they cupcake wins? Were they missing a star playing in this game?

@Massillon DISTRICT
(12-12)North Canton Hoover 45 (21-2)Massillon Jackson 18
(15-7)Canton GlenOak 50 (15-7)Louisville 34
District Final: (13-12)North Canton Hoover vs.(16-7)Canton Glen Oak

Glen Oak 63 N. Canton 38 F

One of Wackerly's greatest coaching achievements given all his and their adversity this year.

IMO NC & GO play tough schedules. Jackson had all eyes on a Federal title and achieved that, kudos. Sometimes when your eye is on one thing and you accomplish it, you hit your peak and are done. Paul always looks outside the box. While league titles are great, would you rather win a league title or district champ?? Case closed. Jackson plays a soft schedule out of league and it showed to the beat down they got. This is the best coaching job in Pauls career hands down. Took a complete “new” team and molded them into district champs. UNBELIEVABLE!!! Distractions aside, he always took the high road and forgives the folks that needlessly and shamefully drug his name through the mud. If you watched the game tonight and seen Breezy Williams play, and understand the game of basketball, you seen why she is one of the top point guards not only in Stark County, but the state of Ohio. And she is only a sophomore. Other parents seen the writing on the wall, and unfortunately didnt see the overall picture Paul was drawing and opted to go a blind route. What a coaching performance by Paul, and what a game played by the Lady Eagles!! CONGRATS!!!!!! GO LADY EAGLES!!!!

Jackson was 4-0 against Hoover and Glen Oak prior to the horrific loss to Hoover earlier this week. I wouldn't generalize about Jackson's schedule (or anything else) too much. I think Hoover played a once-in-a-lifetime game that they could never reproduce, while Jackson had their worst game, with something like 1-19 from 3. Not to take anything away from Hoover's amazing defense on that night, but a good-shooting from distance team like Jackson going 1-19 (or whatever it was) is an aberration. Jackson should be really good in the coming 2-3 years, with their most gifted players being Dretke (sophomore), Pallotta (freshman) and Patibandla (freshman). All three of them are potential All-Ohio players before their careers are over. Meanwhile, with Breezy Williams and the amazing emergence of 6'5" Jordan Weir (sophomore) for Glen Oak, both teams are threats statewide beyond this year. Getting out of the district will be the challenge. Congrats to Hoover, good luck to Glen Oak. The Golden Eagles have overcome what seems to me to be unprecedented levels of adversity on the fly while capturing this district championship. May they continue to grow.

I was totally wrong (and I don't need my wife to remind me). I'm shocked, after dealing with those players leaving and their best player getting hurt GlenOak still is the best team in Stark County and wins a District Title, unbelievable.
GlenOak played a Great game. Their point guard was the best guard on the court, no question (much better then what GlenOak had last year). Coach Wackerly has his team totally prepare. I remember when he was at Hoover they always played a hard schedule, and he is doing the same thing at GlenOak to get his team ready for the tournament. Every year Wackerly gets the most out of his players and seems to have a lot of players get scholarships. I've talked to a few who went on to play in college and they said they were totally prepared to play in college.
As someone whose wife is a teacher, I hear about the crazy things parents and kids say and do, and how parents defend them. I'm glad GlenOak won the District Title.
To the Hoover team Great season you played hard. I would like to apologize to the Hoover staff for some of the stupid fans and parents around me. Some people need to grow up and remember it's high school basketball. I don't see you signing up to coach or working extra with your daughter to get them better.
Does anyone know which game GlenOak plays Tues or who they play?
Good Luck All.

I was totally wrong (and I don't need my wife to remind me). I'm shocked, after dealing with those players leaving and their best player getting hurt GlenOak still is the best team in Stark County and wins a District Title, unbelievable.
GlenOak played a Great game. Their point guard was the best guard on the court, no question (much better then what GlenOak had last year). Coach Wackerly has his team totally prepare. I remember when he was at Hoover they always played a hard schedule, and he is doing the same thing at GlenOak to get his team ready for the tournament. Every year Wackerly gets the most out of his players and seems to have a lot of players get scholarships. I've talked to a few who went on to play in college and they said they were totally prepared to play in college.
As someone whose wife is a teacher, I hear about the crazy things parents and kids say and do, and how parents defend them. I'm glad GlenOak won the District Title.
To the Hoover team Great season you played hard. I would like to apologize to the Hoover staff for some of the stupid fans and parents around me. Some people need to grow up and remember it's high school basketball. I don't see you signing up to coach or working extra with your daughter to get them better.
Does anyone know which game GlenOak plays Tues or who they play?
Good Luck All.
They play Stow