HOF project

My2scents, "It was in the Rep, it has to be true."

The year....2078....my2scents...."Anyone see the article in the Rep today?" "It says they're going to restart work on the village next year." "John Lee Pettimore said it will never be built."

Too funny seeing Massillon people talking smack about crime in Canton, people in glass houses shouldn't throw rocks. Massillon is hardly crime free, the whole SW corner of Massillon is decrepit and full of drugs and drunks.

What's dumb - even for them- is the idea that crime keeps people away from popular events. Apparently they think no crime exits in New York, LA, etc. #trollingwithoutthinking

My2scents, "It was in the Rep, it has to be true."

The year....2078....my2scents...."Anyone see the article in the Rep today?" "It says they're going to restart work on the village next year." "John Lee Pettimore said it will never be built."
They do fall for this every time. Something will eventually be built but it isn't going to be Disneyland nor will it ever approach the pie in the sky attendence projections.

To be clear I love football so I couldn't be any more proud to have the HOF in our backyard and have no problem with seeking to improve the experience. My position is people have been swept up by a fairy tale rather than being practical and viewing the claims with skepticism.

Every city of any reasonable size has some dangerous areas. It's the nature of urban America. There are parts of Canton, Massillon, Akron, etc...that I wouldn't want to be in at certain times of the day and/or without my sidearm, but the HOF/Benson Stadium area is not one of them.

I think the expense hurts the attendance of local folks and those who don't have a specific connection to an enshrinee, his team or one of the teams in the game. I'm not paying big dollars to hear boring speeches by guys I don't care about or to watch the Broncos and Falcons backups.

Too funny seeing Massillon people talking smack about crime in Canton, people in glass houses shouldn't throw rocks. Massillon is hardly crime free, the whole SW corner of Massillon is decrepit and full of drugs and drunks.
The crime rate at community park must have skyrocketed since this past weekend. I better not take the family back there.

Every city of any reasonable size has some dangerous areas. It's the nature of urban America. There are parts of Canton, Massillon, Akron, etc...that I wouldn't want to be in at certain times of the day and/or without my sidearm, but the HOF/Benson Stadium area is not one of them.

I think the expense hurts the attendance of local folks and those who don't have a specific connection to an enshrinee, his team or one of the teams in the game. I'm not paying big dollars to hear boring speeches by guys I don't care about or to watch the Broncos and Falcons backups.

Comparing Massillon with Canton, Akron, etc, (larger cities) concerning crime stats is silly. Not even close.

Comparing Massillon with Canton, Akron, etc, (larger cities) concerning crime stats is silly. Not even close.

I wasn't comparing crime rates. I was making a general statement. You sound a little defensive Maxie. As for being silly, isn't that the eventual outcome of every Yappi Canton or Massillon thread?

I wasn't comparing crime rates. I was making a general statement. You sound a little defensive Maxie. As for being silly, isn't that the eventual outcome of every Yappi Canton or Massillon thread?

A little defensive, not at all. Your general statement was inaccurate. As far as what happens with Yappi Massillon and Canton threads, why are you participating in this “silliness?”

Massillon didn't have a week like canton did a month or so ago where we needed a calculator to keep track of the gun shots. Just sayin.

BSO - we have been assured that it will never be built. In fact you may be one on record as saying it?

Gordon Pointe has been sitting on $125 M for 18 months and this is where they chose to invest. Someone from outside the area sees some value here.

Why do Massillon people have to be so petty about this? Looks so juvenile.
The problem is they are on record saying it will never happen and its all a pipe dream. So when it does, all they have left is more nit-picky negativity.

The problem is they are on record saying it will never happen and its all a pipe dream. So when it does, all they have left is more nit-picky negativity.
On the other hand, we're on record saying it will never happen and it's all a pipe dream. So when it doesnt, we'll be on here saying I told you so.

On the other hand, we're on record saying it will never happen and it's all a pipe dream. So when it doesnt, we'll be on here saying I told you so.
Whats interesting about the Gordon Pointe article is the HOF village said they talked to over 300 possible investors and they were selected. Another was to say this is 299 possible investors over the last 6 years told the HOF to go away.

I hope the HOF Village thing works out as it would be good for the local economy, but the Beacon article makes me a little skeptical as to their projections. In 2018, 587,000 people visited the Village. They are projecting that in 2023 the Village will attract 4 million people a year and yield $130 million in revenue. That's a huge leap.

Massillon didn't have a week like canton did a month or so ago where we needed a calculator to keep track of the gun shots. Just sayin.

Massillon can't even keep a hospital going in their city, too many deadbeats not paying their medical bills. Too bad they closed the nut hospital in Massillon, many in that community could use some mental health therapy

Massillon can't even keep a hospital going in their city, too many deadbeats not paying their medical bills. Too bad they closed the nut hospital in Massillon, many in that community could use some mental health therapy
If it had remained open, we would not have the pleasure of your company. Man I wish it would've stayed open.

Personally, I enjoy reading the responses but I do wish people would stay on topic, which in this case is the Hall of Fame Village project. As to the latest plan, I think this one is realistic and workable. The youth fields are bringing in lots of families and as someone who drives past the Hall of Fame every weekend, there is a lot of activity on those fields. The water park makes sense as it will give those families something to do while in Canton and Stark County and it looks like Cedar Fair is going to be involved in that part of the project. Let's face it, outside of going to a movie or the mall, there is not much for a family to do after sunset in the area. The public offering should give the project a good cash flow and finishing the east end zone would make the stadium look that much better. I know that the false steps have not given many folks much confidence, but they seem to be adding sponsorship and finally getting their act together. There is a lot of activity going on behind the scenes and I think people will be happy as more information is released.

As someone who has been involved in some financial deals in the past, that is probably true. But at the end of the day, it only takes one to complete the deal. If they are going to have this as a publicly traded stock offering, if I read it right, it will be interesting to see what interest this creates. Many sports related offerings have done pretty well in the past.

The only way anyone is going to invest in the HOF village is if they can buy it for a song fire everyone who associated up to now and gut it for what they can get out of it.