Hoban Girl's Coach Reinstated

Sorry for delay in commenting, but I have been out of town helping a sick relative.

I attended the Wadsworth_Hoban game and it was typical Scott Callahan team. Heavily coached and no senior leadership. It showed as his senior captains were unable to regroup from losing their point guard. Infighting and the blame game started right in front of me. Wadsworth never should have been within 10 points of Hoban, but Hoban's rather easy 22-0 run was exposed. Extremely disappointing ending to their season.

I would have expected more from a team with 8 seniors and Division 1 recruits, but the "my way or the highway approach" rarely works anymore.

Sorry for delay in commenting, but I have been out of town helping a sick relative.

I attended the Wadsworth_Hoban game and it was typical Scott Callahan team. Heavily coached and no senior leadership. It showed as his senior captains were unable to regroup from losing their point guard. Infighting and the blame game started right in front of me. Wadsworth never should have been within 10 points of Hoban, but Hoban's rather easy 22-0 run was exposed. Extremely disappointing ending to their season.

I would have expected more from a team with 8 seniors and Division 1 recruits, but the "my way or the highway approach" rarely works anymore.

Thinking back, I have yet to see a team with strong senior leadership under him.

In a message to the team. Scott stated he was not returning next season

Sad ending. He had so much talent this year and couldn’t do much with it.

Green and Tallmadge jobs are open.

In a message to the team. Scott stated he was not returning next season

Sad ending. He had so much talent this year and couldn’t do much with it.

Green and Tallmadge jobs are open.

This is an unbelievably stupid and unnecessary comment. If you don’t like Scott - that’s fine. To say that he had so much talent and couldn’t do much with it is mind boggling. They went 23-1 this season, despite the fact that they had a D1
Kid out for the year lol. 23-1. They lost one game to one of the state’s top programs by 3 points - even though they were missing two more key contributors and a third kid was playing with a serious knee injury.

This is why there are so many coaching openings this year and not enough qualified coaches to fill them. 23-1 with a loss in the district-semis and you say he don’t do much with the team. What a joke.

Undefeated season is exposed if you cannot make your own district final.

Be honest. He got out because he has little on the shelf for next year.

While I respect people's rights to have opinions, to say "he didn't do much" is truly laughable. Look at all the injuries and setbacks his program has had and look at how successful they were despite that. To say what was said is truly ridiculous.

Interesting and partially valid points by everyone.

The guy did win 23 straight games. He also lost to a Wadsworth team that arguably wasn’t as good as his. He’s always been nice to me and I think he’s got a good heart; however, I’m not a girls basketball parent.

Maybe it’s parents who think their kids are all so great, but it just seems that Scott’s teams have underperformed February/March expectations each year except one - 2016 I think was the year they went to regional finals.

To me, that’s the look of teams that are mentally tired and kind of glad to be done. The coaching style has got to contribute to the underperformance as the girls just get worn out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is why there are so many coaching openings this year and not enough qualified coaches to fill them. 23-1 with a loss in the district-semis and you say he don’t do much with the team. What a joke.[/QUOTE]

Everyone has injuries. That is a fact of sports. Champions and well coached teams overcome. Well run programs do not fold time and again in the playoffs.

Hoban brass may feel different than your statement above. They just hired the coaching staff from the district champions.

This is why there are so many coaching openings this year and not enough qualified coaches to fill them. 23-1 with a loss in the district-semis and you say he don’t do much with the team. What a joke.

Everyone has injuries. That is a fact of sports. Champions and well coached teams overcome. Well run programs do not fold time and again in the playoffs.

Hoban brass may feel different than your statement above. They just hired the coaching staff from the district champions.[/QUOTE]

And she just happened to have a top-20 in the country player. One who won Ms Basketball and is attending Ohio State on a full basketball scholarship.

Let’s not kid ourselves on how one wins basketball games. It’s players.

Having said that, I hope she does well with our girls and gets more to come out for the team. Numbers have been down the last few years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk