Hoban Girl's Coach Reinstated

Did the Hoban assistant coach/wadsworth teacher beat the charges? I am guessing he must have as he is back privately coaching a few from his old team at the cuyahoga falls natatorium. No way he could do this with as much as he was up against? must be over?

Did the Hoban assistant coach/wadsworth teacher beat the charges? I am guessing he must have as he is back privately coaching a few from his old team at the cuyahoga falls natatorium. No way he could do this with as much as he was up against? must be over?

Jury trial is today at 1pm according to the Medina County Court Records.

EDIT: interestingly, there's mention in the court documents of recordings made by two students.

Jury trial is today at 1pm according to the Medina County Court Records.

EDIT: interestingly, there's mention in the court documents of recordings made by two students.

Jury trial has been rescheduled for October 2nd at 1pm.

Are you saying that the court likely placed restrictions on his personal coaching prior to the trial? Is that common to limit a defendant's right to make a living prior to verdict?

The odd thing to me is who would allow their kid to be coached by him in this circumstance.

Not a surprise that the parents are allowing contact with the accused coach. This staff going back to the Wadsworth days is known for placing considerable pressure on the girls to workout year round. Parents are probably just making sure their kid gets ahead in the coaches eyes.

how bout this post from the Hoban Head Coach on his twitter

https://twitter.com/HobanGirlsHoops/status/925011268162981888

Hoban Girls Hoops‏ @HobanGirlsHoops · Oct 30
Hoban Girls Hoops Retweeted Breanna Stewart

Amazing courage!
You are a brilliant, once in a generation player, but you are a stronger person.
Thank you for your voice.

I find it so odd that he is now on the #MeToo train.
If so, care to own up for your coach ben? Catch phrases and retweeting might catch eyes but where does your heart lie? with the kids or with you're program?

Isn't this the kid that when he was in high school, his dad was a Yappi All American. The promotion from the father was unheard of.

Hoban is still struggling to find a decent win
losing to Laurel last night, its tough to determine what is more of a tell;
59-16 JV loss or
11 points for varsity in the first half

Hoban is still struggling to find a decent win
losing to Laurel last night, its tough to determine what is more of a tell;
59-16 JV loss or
11 points for varsity in the first half

When players only show up to practice when they want and still get to start, that is a problem.

Add in the injuries, and the program is not going to do well.

When players only show up to practice when they want and still get to start, that is a problem.

Add in the injuries, and the program is not going to do well.

I’ve also heard through the grapevine that it’s been a rougher year than in the past, plus injuries that have taken additional toll.

While the coach had always been pleasant to me, I could see where his coaching style could run off many teenage girls. Add to that the physical demand of the sport and the never-ending nature of basketball (really any HS sport these days), I understand how it’s a challenge to find good players deciding to pick up a basketball at Hoban vs a soccer ball, a volleyball or a lacrosse stick.

But shouldn’t kids be playing a sport because they like the and like competing with others from their school for their school? That is often lost on coaches and admins.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hoban loss to NDCL.
That brings Walsh into the conference discussion
I haven’t seen ndcl.
Are they any good or has cal lost his way?

Hard to judge any team when a top player is missing the whole year due to ACL tear... they'll still cause some teams fits at Medina

Their fans were pretty classy last night in the boys win. I’m sure there was one or two of the female basketball players on that Twitter video

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Walsh takes NCL title. Exciting finish.
2nd year in a row it came down to the last game.

Sad post script.
Hoban team was allegedly in a post game locker room fight.

coaches can’t keep tweeting about team bonding and team building if they are going to allow players to throw punches at one another Where is coaching leadership on this. Never a teaching moment Only about winning

SO a very arrogant Hoban parent was ejected at the Walsh game? Is this true?

Yes. He was removed from the gym.

Sad. His daughter hardly plays as she is always injured. Yet he feels the need to be heard. Embarrassing. He has been asked by Walsh not to attend any more games there.