Hoban Football Coach wins award

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cougarfan22

This should be an interesting thread. Hoban head football coach wins award.

“Tim Tyrrell was named Paul Brown High School Coach of the Year by the Northeast Ohio Chapter of the National Football Foundation at its annual dinner March 6”.

Hoban also just landed the top 8th grade boys golfer in the state of Ohio from West Akron. 3 sport athlete who doesn’t play football. 3 time Ohio state champ and ranked 47th in the country. See article on Neohgolf.com.

Writing Checks.buying talent...let the truth be told. How will the new OHSAA transfer rule effect the Hoban athletic program ???????

Last edited:
Hahaha. Didn’t have to wait long for it did we!!!! Meanwhile St V hires Barberton OC. Wonder how long til the first accusation flies of recruitment??

I see another state championship in D2 this year for the Knights. 11 players from 2017 team have signed scholarships to play college football. 5 D1 and 6 D-2 to D-3. Returning 4 D 1 commits with more coming. Future is so Bright I have to wear shades.

Hahaha. Didn’t have to wait long for it did we!!!! Meanwhile St V hires Barberton OC. Wonder how long til the first accusation flies of recruitment??

I see another state championship in D2 this year for the Knights. 11 players from 2017 team have signed scholarships to play college football. 5 D1 and 6 D-2 to D-3. Returning 4 D 1 commits with more coming. Future is so Bright I have to wear shades.

Yep they wouldn't have gotten those schollys without the weight program and excellent coaching though. Most D-1 High Schools don't have that many D-1 college athletes in a 20 year time period I don't know why they just don't get a great weight training program, SMH.

I'll mention Massillon in this just so this thread really takes off!

Mr. and Mrs. Tyrrell admiring the "prestigious award."

leglamp12.jpg

Cougar, why would you start this thread? This is such a better sight when we don't talk about Hoban or Massillon. Someone shut this down.

Cougar, why would you start this thread? This is such a better sight when we don't talk about Hoban or Massillon. Someone shut this down.

What a stupid statement. Hoban has proven to be a recent state power in football, Massillon is the winningest Ohio school of all-time. Maybe you don't see the sights that way, but, this site is just fine with mention of both schools, and without your 9 baseless posts.

Wow, you're true colors come out again. Congratulations on being able to assemble a group of very highly skilled players, the best in the area. You are so superior to the rest of us.

Wow, you're true colors come out again. Congratulations on being able to assemble a group of very highly skilled players, the best in the area. You are so superior to the rest of us.

i figured that would flush you out of the bushes with your same weak line. It’s predictable. I just commented on the facts. I am sorry that offends you. I thought it was pretty good that 11 kids get their college paid for. And every one of them deserve it because they worked hard.

i figured that would flush you out of the bushes with your same weak line. It’s predictable. I just commented on the facts. I am sorry that offends you. I thought it was pretty good that 11 kids get their college paid for. And every one of them deserve it because they worked hard.

I read something about a golfer, not 11 football players. :shrug:

Quite simply, it's pretty clear you meant to stir things up and you've clearly succeeded.

I read something about a golfer, not 11 football players. :shrug:

Quite simply, it's pretty clear you meant to stir things up and you've clearly succeeded.

Yea I am guilty of a controversial thread. I knew that TT winning an award would bring out the haters. Even though he is most deserving and IMO one of the better HS coaches out there no matter whose side you are on.

I also thought the article on the golfer was great because his dad spoke about how he did not shop his son around and visited a lot of schools. He chose Hoban over Walsh because of the diversity, not because of the golf program.

Yea I am guilty of a controversial thread. I knew that TT winning an award would bring out the haters. Even though he is most deserving and IMO one of the better HS coaches out there no matter whose side you are on.

I also thought the article on the golfer was great because his dad spoke about how he did not shop his son around and visited a lot of schools. He chose Hoban over Walsh because of the diversity, not because of the golf program.

He certainly has obtained results for Hoban. I will concede that. Whether those results are the result of his ability to attract talent, good coaching or a combination of both, will be debated incessantly on Yappi and haunt me until such time that I gouge our my eyes with a dull spoon to avoid reading the endless drivel. Problem is, I love me a good train wreck and just can't stop reading.

Congrats to Coach Tyrell on the award. Hoban had a great team and a great season in 2017.

Hope to see them again in Week 14 or 15 in 2018.

11 players out of how many seniors? Ed Egan went 8/15 with his senior class this year.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Writing Checks.buying talent...let the truth be told. How will the new OHSAA transfer rule effect the Hoban athletic program ???????

It is hilarious that STV fans are pissed because Hoban is out recruiting them...omg it's great! Hello pot...meet kettle:)

It is hilarious that STV fans are pissed because Hoban is out recruiting them...omg it's great! Hello pot...meet kettle:)
Recruit whoever you want, idc. As long as nobody from coventry gets recruited for svsm/hoban, im cool. Now i wonder what it would take to get you private schools recruiting from our ptc foe, woodridge. I would like that very much.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

How will the new OHSAA transfer rule effect the Hoban athletic program ???????
Probably as much as the no-brawling rule impacted Dunbar. OHSAA is toothless. Just sue them. Even a school with no money can have OHSAA rules and rulings and penalties vacated. Hoban can just spend a couple hundred on a nice steak dinner for the Senior Director of Compliance or whatever and leave the lawyers out of it.

I’m a St.V fan, but TT has had great teams and should be rewarded for it. Always glad to see another trophy find a home in Akron.

Where you like it or not TT has done a good job at Hoban. Hoban's administration gave him the keys to the football program and told him to win and that is what he is doing. Whether people like it or not he is doing exactly what the powers to be at Hoban wanted him to do. I'm not a Hoban fan but I have to agree with Buckeye, he should be rewarded.

Most Hoban supporters won't agree but yes he is a good coach. I just don't like the fact that he can say hey look at me and what I've done against schools that don't get to do it the same way I can!

Status
Not open for further replies.