Hoban D2 Champs

It’s a shame that games will be played and the outcome is already predetermined. Obviously nobody wants to play Hoban. They are hands down better than any other team in D 2. Did anyone take notice of the St Ed’s game!!? That score could have been 45-0 easy! Now they are on a bye week. Boo! Massillon is not the same team. Offense is under achieving. QB is not the same. Receiver position is not as good although they return. 9 is a going to OSU?? Wow!! He would struggle to play at Kent State. Other schools in their division are bad. Fitch?? Perry? La Salle ? Fitch beat nobody! They played YTown area teams who are.....really bad. Look like a middle school football team. Perry plays teams in the Federal league that never win State championships. LaSalle wins by default. Cincinnati teams are horrible. Hoban wins by 20 in State Championship. Sorry!!

It’s a shame that games will be played and the outcome is already predetermined. Obviously nobody wants to play Hoban. They are hands down better than any other team in D 2. Did anyone take notice of the St Ed’s game!!? That score could have been 45-0 easy! Now they are on a bye week. Boo! Massillon is not the same team. Offense is under achieving. QB is not the same. Receiver position is not as good although they return. 9 is a going to OSU?? Wow!! He would struggle to play at Kent State. Other schools in their division are bad. Fitch?? Perry? La Salle ? Fitch beat nobody! They played YTown area teams who are.....really bad. Look like a middle school football team. Perry plays teams in the Federal league that never win State championships. LaSalle wins by default. Cincinnati teams are horrible. Hoban wins by 20 in State Championship. Sorry!!
I agree that Hoban will win it, but Hoban beat Benny by 7 and Fitch beat Benny by 30. Saying they play all bad teams is just way off. Harding is solid. Ursuline is solid Benny is solid

Benny is not that good. Lost their QB against Fitch. Wow! Who’s going to ever recover from that! Supposedly Harding had them beat except for a blocked punt! Ursuline is garbage. I see they barely beat Mooney who is supposedly playing with the worst team in 30 years. Massillon is the only challenge left. If it’s a challenge at all?!!

You’re arrogant as all hell. Remember that’s great QB you have was originally a Fitch falcon until he was poached
Benny is not that good. Lost their QB against Fitch. Wow! Who’s going to ever recover from that! Supposedly Harding had them beat except for a blocked punt! Ursuline is garbage. I see they barely beat Mooney who is supposedly playing with the worst team in 30 years. Massillon is the only challenge left. If it’s a challenge at all?!!

Thank you Mr Hamm!

Cincinnati teams are horrible is laughable. I believe Lasalle has 4 ships in D2 and WW has 1. Am I missing something? Hoban is a great school, their defensive end Peterson I used to coach his dad who played AAU for me. With that being said whomever makes it out of Cincinnati will be a formidable opponent

Screen Shot 2020-07-09 at 7.53.00 AM.png

You’re arrogant as all hell. Remember that’s great QB you have was originally a Fitch falcon until he was poached
Poached? You evidently don't know much about the QB. He played AAU football on a Cleveland team and travelled the country playing AAU/Camps. He was never going to play at Fitch. Also tell me how Fitch owns the rights to a 15 old kid? Fitch has a pretty good QB and one of there better teams of late so I think it worked out ok for both.

Poached? You evidently don't know much about the QB. He played AAU football on a Cleveland team and travelled the country playing AAU/Camps. He was never going to play at Fitch. Also tell me how Fitch owns the rights to a 15 old kid? Fitch has a pretty good QB and one of there better teams of late so I think it worked out ok for both.
Sherwood is solid, but where you live And where you go to middle school is your home school. Miss me with that BS

Your opinion. Not sure we should be talking about a championship got a lot of football left.

Wow, quite a start to your Yappi career!

Hoban is solid. The St. Ed's game was a certainly a beat down but in this odd year it was for all intents and purposes a scrimmage given the lack of preseason scrimmages.

It would not appear that Massillon is as good as expected thus far, but in a normal year teams would really now be coming into the middle of the season, not yet in full playoff form. Their receivers are top notch, they're just having trouble so far getting them the ball. I'll take the word of the professional recruiters on their assessment of those receivers.

Fitch is very solid but beating Hoban would still be a pretty major upset. I also wouldn't assume they'll get past Hudson.

This Hoban team is very good. Probably the favorites in D2. From the last 4 or 5 years though, I think this is one of the lesser talented of those teams. I think they get through to the final four before things get difficult. Giving them the crown this early, after these teams have only played 4 to 6 games, is haphazardly premature.

This Hoban team is very good. Probably the favorites in D2. From the last 4 or 5 years though, I think this is one of the lesser talented of those teams. I think they get through to the final four before things get difficult. Giving them the crown this early, after these teams have only played 4 to 6 games, is haphazardly premature.
I've seen much of Hobans streaming games when it is not flaky. I would disagree with the contention that this is one of their lesser talented teams. I think the talent on defense especially is tremendous (on paper).

But I don't think they are a shoe-in for the championship. They seem to be regressing since the opening St Ed big win. Very tight all game for Benny, St. Vincent much closer than expected for most of the game. Walsh much closer than expected for most of the game. QB has not been exceptionally accurate much of the time. Fumbles. And lack of discipline / penalties, especially unsportsmanlike ones which are totally controllable. Too many fights, too much talking after plays. That alone could cost them a game against a lesser opponent. But put those issues together and that could spell loss. On the flip side, if they control those issues, agreed they will be hard to beat.

So while I would argue that they have as much individual talent as always, I don't think they are nearly as good a TEAM as they've had in the past, if you catch my drift.

And of course injuries could effect any team. A key injury to a couple players (esp those playing both ways) could be a big deal.

37 to 9 is blowing out the Fighting Irish. That's not a close score. I wonder if Ed's had all their starting players playing in that game. Since 35-0 they have rolled teams. Either way at the end of the day Hoban is indeed a damn good team. But you've got to play the game!!!!!!!!!
Being over confident will cost you. Perry Panther fans are already convinced they will play you and beat you. Hoban cant stop the Wing T. Trouble is no way in hell they will get passed Tiger Town. I will laugh my butt off if a Federal league team knocks their butts off. Federal league things happen. Winton Woods is very good and fast. Good luck to all these young men and their teams. All stay safe.

I've seen much of Hobans streaming games when it is not flaky. I would disagree with the contention that this is one of their lesser talented teams. I think the talent on defense especially is tremendous (on paper).

But I don't think they are a shoe-in for the championship. They seem to be regressing since the opening St Ed big win. Very tight all game for Benny, St. Vincent much closer than expected for most of the game. Walsh much closer than expected for most of the game. QB has not been exceptionally accurate much of the time. Fumbles. And lack of discipline / penalties, especially unsportsmanlike ones which are totally controllable. Too many fights, too much talking after plays. That alone could cost them a game against a lesser opponent. But put those issues together and that could spell loss. On the flip side, if they control those issues, agreed they will be hard to beat.

So while I would argue that they have as much individual talent as always, I don't think they are nearly as good a TEAM as they've had in the past, if you catch my drift.

And of course injuries could effect any team. A key injury to a couple players (esp those playing both ways) could be a big deal.

Fair enough. I enjoy the adult conversation.

SVSM was also missing its RB and QB for most of the game. Don't get me wrong, Hoban beats them regardless but the Irish were a one man team for much of the game.