HH Wayne 82 Western Hills 55

vamp2syd

After a long bus trip from Evansville Indiana last night Wayne didn't much time before they had to travel back down I75 to Trent Arena to face Western Hills. Once again they were without the services of their leading scorer and struggled early on as Western Hills sat back in a zone. Then for some reason Western Hills started to press and Wayne ran them out the gym for an easy win. Sparking Wayne was freshman Landers who was moved up from JV this game as well as Ford and Ortiz. Russell was tough inside as well as Williams and Wagner.

Western Hills 13 14 14 14 - 55
HH Wayne _ 13 24 20 25 - 82

Scoring: Wayne- Ford 13, Williams 13, Landers 12, Ortiz 12, Wagner 11, Russell 8, Trice 7, Reed 4, Kinnel 2
Western Hills- Carpenter 19, Davis 13, Sherman 11, Woodard 4, Clark 3, Conyers 3, Clifton JR 2

Wayne shot pathetically at the free throw line in the first half going 2-9 and ended the game at 19-35. Wayne improves to 9-2 and will host Fairmont next week. Wayne JV came away with a win over LaSalle this week.

---------------------------------------
Other games:

Ft. Recovery defeated Miamisburg 53-52 on a shot at the buzzer. #15 (did not have a roster for the Indians) hit the game winner and #22 who had a deadly shot had a game high 25 points.

Hammonds explodes for 25 2nd half points to help Trotwood break open a tied game at the break for a 85-72 win over Winton Woods. Hammonds ended the game with 30 points and Bennett had 26. Rousseau led Winton Woods with 18.

LaVerdad

Hey Vamps....is this correct:

>Clark is hurt.
>Kinnel (soph) started in his place at guard/wing.
>Landers (frosh) guard/wing played significant varsity minutes.
>Landers scored 12 points and had 10 rebounds.

vamp2syd

Hey Vamps....is this correct:

>Clark is hurt.
>Kinnel (soph) started in his place at guard/wing.
>Landers (frosh) guard/wing played significant varsity minutes.
>Landers scored 12 points and had 10 rebounds.
I'm not sure how many minutes he played (I'm guessing between 10-15 minutes but I could be wrong) but when he did he was an impact on the game. He has dominated at the JV level. The only thing he did not do well in the game was shooting free throws.... 3-8.

vamp2syd

Wayne is a young team with 7 sophomores on Varsity and now a freshman who gets some varsity time, gets a double/double and sparks the team.
Wayne JV and freshman team have only lost 1 game each
The Middle School Teams have a combined 1 loss on the season.

Hopefully, the future stays bright and we will get used to winning on the hard court.