Hey Ellet fans...

Orangeman89

Your boys varsity basketball team is 8-1 for the first time since the early 90's, let's start filling the gym!
Pretty sad when Coventry has as many fans as the home team on a Saturday night. During Ellet's last City Series title run the place was packed to gills every home game.

Home games remaining...
1/10 vs. Firestone
1/17 vs. North
1/31 vs. Kenmore
2/1 vs. GlenOak
2/7 vs. Ak.East
2/14 vs. Ak.Garfield
?? vs. possible sectional tournament game

Let's go Ellet!

Valentine's Day game at home against the Rams? Wow, maybe I will throw my girl in the El Camino and bring her out for City Series hoops! Then again, it is Garfield, maybe I will just go get a room at Steve's Motel and get to work...

...and my romantic side!!!!!! Don't worry, I will get her a dozen roses, or some kind of flowers that might live a day or so afterward!

Orangeman89, how bout that turnout??? Home stands were pretty packed, student section was packed also!!! Very nice turnout, fans were very much Into the game!!

Orangeman89, how bout that turnout??? Home stands were pretty packed, student section was packed also!!! Very nice turnout, fans were very much Into the game!!

It was better for sure. I want to see the fans in to it from tipoff, not just near the end of a close game. Few more W's and we'll get there I think. Word is getting out.

Tell me that wasn't the ugliest Ellet has played all year though. Twenty points better than Firestone 6 days a week!

It was better for sure. I want to see the fans in to it from tipoff, not just near the end of a close game. Few more W's and we'll get there I think. Word is getting out.

Tell me that wasn't the ugliest Ellet has played all year though. Twenty points better than Firestone 6 days a week!

Yes I agree few more w's and we'll have the bleachers packed like from my hay day of '95 city title year! Very ugly win! That break killed us! Defensively we have to get after it more, we're not agressive at all!! Need toughness!!!

Think the defensive intensity was good??!? Firestone only had 41 points, no? It's like you are at a funeral for the whole game every game.... Fans sit in their hands the whole game. Student section? Kids sat by each other but a student section should be standing and chanting the whole game

I thought the defense was good especially on the interior. Holding Kennerly to 13 was huge. He was contested on every shot.
Got beat to a lot of loose balls last night and missed a ton of close, easy shots. I'll blame the long layoff but I'm expecting better at East Tuesday.

The Achilles heal of this team is their inability to shoot the ball. Dionte Williams could be Ellet's Kennerly or Lewis but he has to be more aggressive offensively and attack the basket, take his guy off the dribble. I hear Fisher yelling at him to do it all the time!

Karlton Cherry is their best deep threat in my opinion. Didn't play against the Stone, hearing maybe staph infection(??).

Well, you gotta look at the positives. They were playing a top team in the City Series, they didn't play very well, as you have said, and they were getting beat to a lot of loose balls, but they found a way to win the game down the stretch. Kudos to the team for that. Seen many other times teams don't play their best and they get beat badly, so take that as an example of hos this team has grown and matured that they can not play their best, but they still find a way to grind it out.

WOW!!!
Things only got worse against East!

What was looking like some really fun basketball has turned sour with a couple pathetic performances against Firestone and East. Falcons and Dragons are not good basketball teams, I don't know what that says about Ellet.

Praying for a win against another lousy team in North Friday.

Sure would be nice to see Ellet pounce on these sorrybutt teams early instead of letting them hang around and hang around like East did.:Ohno:

WOW!!!
Things only got worse against East!

What was looking like some really fun basketball has turned sour with a couple pathetic performances against Firestone and East. Falcons and Dragons are not good basketball teams, I don't know what that says about Ellet.

Praying for a win against another lousy team in North Friday.

Sure would be nice to see Ellet pounce on these sorrybutt teams early instead of letting them hang around and hang around like East did.:Ohno:

East is not good, but Firestone is pretty solid. Most teams face a tough stretch at some point in the season; let's see how the boys respond.

East is not good, but Firestone is pretty solid. Most teams face a tough stretch at some point in the season; let's see how the boys respond.

They'll have to respond to the loss of Maurice Mackey, JJ, and Brady! Those 3 quit the team Wednesday. Word is mackey and furman got into a fight in the locker room after the east game coach smith separated the two! JJ has quit because of playing time, he was a starter so I dont understand that one! Big man Brady also quit do to tension amongst the team! All I can say is wow! 9-2 record best team in decades and this turmoil...let's see how this saga plays out!!! Stay tuned!

They'll have to respond to the loss of Maurice Mackey, JJ, and Brady! Those 3 quit the team Wednesday. Word is mackey and furman got into a fight in the locker room after the east game coach smith separated the two! JJ has quit because of playing time, he was a starter so I dont understand that one! Big man Brady also quit do to tension amongst the team! All I can say is wow! 9-2 record best team in decades and this turmoil...let's see how this saga plays out!!! Stay tuned!

Let's hope Fisher gets this ironed out! I understand there might be frustration after the loss to East but come on boys.
I thought these guys played together all summer, should be no tension or drama if coach has everyone on the same page.

And the saga continues.......

Javonte Ray officially quit the team. Maurice Mackey will serve a two game suspension for his altercation. Big man brady was made to run laps.......all in allthe nucleus of the team remains in tact! Can they rebound from this and contend for the city crown???? Stay tuned!!

Javonte Ray officially quit the team. Maurice Mackey will serve a two game suspension for his altercation. Big man brady was made to run laps.......all in allthe nucleus of the team remains in tact! Can they rebound from this and contend for the city crown???? Stay tuned!!

I basically heard the same thing last night.

Good riddance to Ray, perhaps he was the bad apple in the basket.
What starter quits because he isn't getting enough touches? Selfishness.
Ray's departure should mean more time for Cherry and Logan and that's a good thing if you ask me!

"Do you know what my favorite part of the game is? The opportunity to play" -Mike Singletary. I wish kids today felt this way. It's a shame.

These are the types of things that go on in a season of transition. A transition of learning how to win. Trying to make o cohesive group of players from different backgrounds is not always easy and you will have some hickups like this.

Ellet was up around thirty at half time against a good Glenoak team tonight.

Where is the fan suport... ???