Help/Advice Please --> 12U Catcher for tournaments?

CoachHoversten

I have spent considerable time trying to find my answer online but have not been successful.

My son plays in a 12U league in Uniontown OH, and he loves playing catcher, and he is pretty good at it.

He has been on the same rec team for many years, moving up together in age, but this season, his team's season ends in the first week of June and Fall ball doesn't start until the end of Summer.

I would like to get him into some tournaments to keep playing, and there aren't usually a slew of 12 year olds lining up to play catcher, so I am hoping a team could use a catcher, even just to be a part of the team and be the backup if needed. Any playing is better than none.

Are there any 12U teams that would take another catcher over the summer?

Is there a way for kids to find teams in need on a tournament by tournament basis? IE, a team may have a catcher but the kid is out of town one weekend, etc.

I played D1 baseball as a catcher so I went through this stuff as a kid, but I was not part of the sign up process, and that was 20 years ago anyways, so things have surely changed with social media and internet methods.

Any help would be appreciated.

I’m pretty sure you can go to the websites of some of the local summer leagues...I know there’s two for sure...stark/summit baseball league and there is a new league this year out of canton not sure of the name. I think the stark summit league has a link for players looking for teams...if anything else you will find phone numbers and email addresses of coaches and league commissioners

Thanks, but my son is already in that "other league", the Hall of Fame League. That is the league whose season ends first week of June (weird), and so instead of him not playing for 2 months, would like to see about him getting into some tournaments.

But maybe I missed something, I will take a look

Go to the league websites....they usually have emails for coaches. Send some emails....who knows you might find someone that needs a player. Kids get injured, vacations, etc. If he's a good 12U catcher, it shouldn't be too hard to find a spot. You can also go to the websites of the bigger organizations....they all have emails, let them know your son is looking to play....again, never know who may need somebody