Heisman

OhioBobcatFan06

Pretty underwhelming year for the Heisman.

The clear #1 team doesn’t seem to have any contenders... is there not a star player on that defense they’ve got?

Give it to a defensive player this year. There are no stars on offense deserving this year. Stroud and Young are program QBs. Whoever plays that position at those two schools automatically makes the list early on. Not because of their talent, just what they have around them. Neither have been Heisman worthy this season. Make it interesting this year rather than giving it to the QB of the best recruiting schools.

I’d give it to Matt Corral. Yeah, he’s not from a blueblood superpower, but he’s been pretty consistently solid to great all year.

Kyren Williams (ND) would be a nice dark-horse candidate.

It’s true, it’s true. Trust me …

The New Big 12 can’t CUT THE MUSTARD!

I agree. The Defensive unit of Georgia has been the story of the year.....they are outstanding. Give it to the best player on the best unit of the best team.........
Might be the best choice this year.
I even wonder who will get invited.

Stroud's performance yesterday was pretty impressive, rivalry game, on the road, bad weather against a top defense. If he was the front running going into that game, I can't see how anyone over took him yesterday.

Stroud's performance yesterday was pretty impressive, rivalry game, on the road, bad weather against a top defense. If he was the front running going into that game, I can't see how anyone over took him yesterday.
Agree, hard to say throwing 2 TD's and 394 yards is bad.

That’s….odd. Even with a complete meltdown by Auburns defense in the final 90 seconds and 2 OTs (not counting 3 and 4 OT due to the silly rules) padding his stats, he finished the game with a 49% competition percentage, 2 TDs, 1 INT and 6.2 yards per attempt. Add in his -23 yards on 11 rushing attempts.

Seems like a great year to prove to the college football world this isn’t a QB exclusive award. Naturally, they’ll drop the ball and give it to a QB who doesn’t necessarily deserve it.

That’s….odd. Even with a complete meltdown by Auburns defense in the final 90 seconds and 2 OTs (not counting 3 and 4 OT due to the silly rules) padding his stats, he finished the game with a 49% competition percentage, 2 TDs, 1 INT and 6.2 yards per attempt. Add in his -23 yards on 11 rushing attempts.

Seems like a great year to prove to the college football world this isn’t a QB exclusive award. Naturally, they’ll drop the ball and give it to a QB who doesn’t necessarily deserve it.

BUT, he made a Heisman moment.... that's what "they" are looking for, ever since Desmond.