Heat 2011-2012 Official Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel that LeBron made the right play. Any shot he would have taken would not have been a good shot. He was double-teamed and was off balance going to his left. Udonis Haslem is a knock-down jump shooter from 15 feet, and he was wide open. LeBron made the right play, and if Haslem had made the shot, he would have been praised for it. Think back to Jordan's pass to Steve Kerr in Game 6 of the 1997 Finals; Kerr drained the shot, and Jordan was praised for the play.

This ongoing debate about who is going to take a last shot is idiotic. You don't determine a "last shot" purely by who you have on a team. Circumstances--particularly matchups--play a big part as well. Yes, a team wants that great player who can create his own shot, but that doesn't mean he has to always take that last shot. Larry Bird, Michael Jordan, and Kobe Bryant are the best closers who have played in my lifetime, and they all had times when the last shot ended up being taken by someone else. Why? Because that person was both open and had the skill necessary to take that shot, and because the shot the closer would have had to try would have been ill-advised.

I remember a game that Bill Walton did some time ago. For the life of me, I can't remember who was playing. I think it might have been Game 7 of the Lakers-Kings in 2002. Anyway, the play-by-play guy asked Walton who should take the last shot. Walton immediately fired back, "Whoever is open!"

Totally agree. It's crazy how people think that one person should always take the last shot. Sure you have your guys who you would want to have the ball, but if they can't get a good shot off, why would you criticize them for passing it to someone completely wide open?! Hell even if LeBron could have gotten a okay shot off, I would still have rather him pass it up to the guy completely wide open. Some people don't understand and just want to blame LeBron no matter what he does.

Beyond that play itself, the media should no doubt be addressing Wade's mental lapses. Whereas LeBron made a pass to a wide open jump shooter Wade missed a free throw and committed an awful foul for a 3-point play on the other end. That's 2 points right there from mistakes, yet we're hearing about LBJ passing to a wide open team mate on the last play.

James had great quarter and didn't take the last shot? He sent it to Haslem? Just keep coming after me guys and gals, evidently that's really all you care about. Sidekick? I don't even remember that one. I know you will bring it up with a quote.

Go Heat, but this thread is coming close to an end. It's not about the Heat, or Wade, or James, it's just about hate, trolling, internet bullying, and wasted time.

Now I see why young people kill themselves over internet hate.

What a shame.

Wow, really?

Beyond that play itself, the media should no doubt be addressing Wade's mental lapses. Whereas LeBron made a pass to a wide open jump shooter Wade missed a free throw and committed an awful foul for a 3-point play on the other end. That's 2 points right there from mistakes, yet we're hearing about LBJ passing to a wide open team mate on the last play.

That doesn't make for a good story for ESPN though. LeBron-bashing drives the ratings, so that's what they focus on.

There's been times where some of the basketball talking heads on ESPN have commended LeBron while others bash him for what he did. I haven't turned on ESPN yet this morning though.

Wade knows he missed the foul shot, he didn't think he fouled though , and look to the point guards for some of the blame on the loss. Chalmers and Cole were horrible. LeBron's pass was fine, but Haslem's shooting has been off all season. More than ever Heat's presence in the paint can look bad. They missed Bosh.

Status
Not open for further replies.