Have you gotten the Covid-19 vaccine?

The boogeyman ?
Indeed!
1616027468255.png

Got the Moderna vaccine a week ago. They are passing them out to everyone now.

What is going to happen when everyone's vaccine expires late summer early fall? Repeat? Same protocol? Shut downs?

I heard someone say it best, that every vaccine up to these had a more rigorous 2 to 3 year clinical trial before FDA approval.

Unfortunately, this first year or more will be part of the traditional clinical trial.

Got my second Moderna Friday, late afternoon. Only real side effect was a sore shoulder.

I think the general feeling is that it should last at least 6 months. Hopefully, there will be enough vaccinated (or having had it) that transmission will slow to the point that we won't need to redo it. If we do, we at least have a system to do it now.

Wife 2 Pfizer. Evening of second shot she was achy and tired until next morning. Me 0 Vaccination Shots.

Intend to. But,...... first it was wait until after the heart cath, then wait until you see the pulmonary doctor, then wait until you see the heart doctor....this "wait until" started the 15th of January. Not due to see the heart doctor until early May.

In related news it appears Covid vaccine graffiti is a big thing in some places. Here are some examples.

210205-gaza-vaccine-mc-1325_5ced9303161a31e1c28aade3eaf4e166.fit-760w.jpg

e23bfb282a6029b374c4dc33c521b8d5.jpg

56118394_101.jpg

Got part 1 and two will be in a couple weeks.

Reasons I did so?
1. I believe some venues may require it moving forward, I.E. concerts, where it is a one time even with a long lead time into it to provide proof.
2. I will get paid about $200 to get the shot, AND will use 2, four hour blocks of sick pay.

I know, the wrong reasons to get it but damn.........I dont care if I would get the Rona at all, so getting it to prevent the virus I dont care about

Got my 2nd Pfizer today. No adverse symptoms so far.

The nurse even gave me band-aid to cover my ouchy. It was just a regular band-aid. I wanted a dinosaur band-aid, but the nurse explained she didn't have any and then she mumbled something about "the vaccine shot is for grownups not little kids"...I'm not sure what she meant by that.

Got J&J this morning. No side effects so far. Heard that sometimes the side effects hit about 12 hours after the shot.

Got J&J this morning. No side effects so far. Heard that sometimes the side effects hit about 12 hours after the shot.
Find it hard to believe that the side effects could be worse than those from the two shot series for plague. Had to have those if you were going to the Pakistan station among other postings in that part of the world.

Got my 2nd Moderna shot this morning. So far no side effects. I had a headache & chills after the first shot but that was likely because I had covid last April.

Just got my first shot at Duke Energy Center. Really impressed with how well everything was set up. From scheduling the appointments on ArmorVax to getting through the convention center, it could not have been much easier. Scheduled the second shot on my phone while I was waiting my 15 minutes. A+ operation

Have had both doses of the Pfizer vaccine. About 12 hours after both doses there was some combination of fatigue, aches and chills (especially after the second dose) that lasted for about 24 hours.

Just got my first shot at Duke Energy Center. Really impressed with how well everything was set up. From scheduling the appointments on ArmorVax to getting through the convention center, it could not have been much easier. Scheduled the second shot on my phone while I was waiting my 15 minutes. A+ operation

Sounds a lot like the Cleveland setup.

Mine was a drive-thru at the local health department. They were much more organized for the second shot. MY wife's was the same way for her second shot at Sam's this morning. They seem to be ironing out the wrinkles as they go.

Have had both doses of the Pfizer vaccine. About 12 hours after both doses there was some combination of fatigue, aches and chills (especially after the second dose) that lasted for about 24 hours.
Got my first Pfizer dose on Tuesday, didn't have any of those symptoms, but my arm was so sore it interrupted my sleep a couple times on Tuesday night. All was good after that though.

Sounds a lot like the Cleveland setup.

Mine was a drive-thru at the local health department. They were much more organized for the second shot. MY wife's was the same way for her second shot at Sam's this morning. They seem to be ironing out the wrinkles as they go.
Based on my experience today they have it pretty much ironed out. Use the app, show up on time but not too early, and you'll be out in 25 minutes or less. And there were still appointments available for today, which I think is astounding. At this pace there's no reason we shouldn't be back to normal within six weeks at most.

Got my first Pfizer dose on Tuesday, didn't have any of those symptoms, but my arm was so sore it interrupted my sleep a couple times on Tuesday night. All was good after that though.

My arm was pretty sore after the first dose, actually much worse than after the second dose. The first few hours of chills after the second dose were probably the worst I've ever had.