Have you gotten the Covid-19 vaccine?

Sure it's theater, been done since ink hit paper to motivate people. Seems an apples and oranges justification used to call it that though.

I wonder how many innocent civilians(foreign and domestic) combined have been murdered by all of the characters in this video. But they care about saving lives now! It's all theater.
Smoke another bowl hippie.

200.gif

Got 2nd 4.5 hrs. ago. Not expecting any issues but nurse who administered shot said she experienced side effects similar to a hangover, so I should drink plenty of water.

I dont get a flu shot so no I'm not getting this one either. I'm not scared of a mild virus.

And why are people who had Covid getting a vaccine? Not know how this works?

10.26% of Ohioans have gotten at least their first shot.
3.49% have completed their vaccinations

If it is successful like we all hope, things should start opening up back to normal relatively soon.
Yep...small gatherings for July 4th. Can't wait to celebrate!

Et Tu Brute :)

Two semi related articles, one discusses life expectancy decreases (1 year for US as a whole, and 2.7 years for Blacks), the other discussing historical atrocities visited upon communities of color which has some in that community fearful of getting the Covid vaccine (which looking at the first article, they should be running trying to be first in line).

As for needed cultural adjustments, can't argue with that. This is one of those discussions of generational curses we heave in my "neighborhood" giving up that slave diet we have passed down through the years.
Slave diet?

Had both shots. Pfizer. Other than small bump on each arm, no adverse reactions. Ditto the wife. We will be going out more now. If 500k deaths is a hoax, I’d hate to see a bad virus. But, we have our nutjobs. Just know who they are and avoid them. lol
500k is a hoax.

It's nice to see the flu decided to take the year off though.

Biggest concern on the vaccines are that all prior vaccines have been tested on animals for 2-3 years, and were tested more extensively on humans prior to approval.

We are really the test cases, or guinea pigs on these.

It might mean something, it might not.

I'm not gonna sweat something that I have a 99.905% chance of surviving, probably better than that, really.
Yeah but all the cool kids are getting one!

Some very, very mild soreness in the arm that got the shot but had full functionality. That lasted about 36-ish hours or so. No headaches or other symptoms.

Nearly 48 hours after 2nd dose. Thought maybe I was having some chills the night after the shot but woke up feeling normal on Sun. which is nothing to write home about in my case. ? Not much of a morning person.

Last edited:
I dont get a flu shot so no I'm not getting this one either. I'm not scared of a mild virus.

And why are people who had Covid getting a vaccine? Not know how this works?
Some wellness plans associated with insurance incentivize employees to take an active role in managing their physical and mental health, like getting a yearly flu shot, etc. You realize people have different reasons for doing things, right? But congratulations on being a tough guy, I guess.

Got the 1st Moderna vaccine today, the set up was great and everything ran on time, easy as can be and no issues medically.

Yep done today 8am. In and out. Would have preferred the one shot J and J but it took me a bit to find the available time today so I went with the Moderna.

y2h on a seriously desperate hunt for attention. Somehow I'm thinking not out and about over the last year quite as much as he implies.

Second Pfizer yesterday. No problem. Coliseum processes about 3K per day and new, nearby mass center at the mall cranks out 7K per day.

Europe update.

Things are still just puttering along and now that many countries have pushed pause on the AstraZeneca vaccine this Monday things will be even slower. The AZ stoppage appears to be political too as the blood clotting issue may be just purely coincidental but when overly cautious Germany paused the other countries felt obligated to follow along with their fellow continental partner. As of Sunday modern countries like the Netherlands and Belgium have yet to crack double digit and France and Germany are barely above 10%. Also of note is that Russia has their own vaccine yet their production is way behind schedule and Putin thinks it more beneficial in the long run to ship these to other countries for political reasons, they are barely above 5%.

And guess what the root of the problem is, too much bureaucracy. While the U.S. and other countries rushed to sign agreements with vaccine makers, the E.U. first tried to make sure all of its member countries agreed on how to approach the negotiations. Europe chose to prioritize process over speed and to put solidarity between E.U. countries ahead of giving individual governments more room to maneuver. They also got cheap and wanted to negotiate better prices instead of biting the bullet and paying US pharma companies the going rate. Italy figured out every week they are locked down is costing them more than the savings in vaccine cost for the entire country and their primary tourist season is just starting to ramp up.

The bottom line is their new infections and deaths are rising in Europe where as the countries with a stronger vaccine program are falling. Big surprise.