Has this ever happened before?

YTOWN

I guess its time for a few hints:

1) Think D1 SW

2) Think D1 NE

3) Think MAC (Bonus points for all the teams & years they posted the shutouts of this team) = (Minster - 8) - Rangerfan and the bonus points also

4) SW but not D1

6) Long long ago in NE Ohio and not so long ago the SW over Central Ohio. = (Warren Western Reserve, AAA champ in 1972, defeated A ST.V-ST.M, AA champ.) ( Trotwood-Madison, 2017 D3 champ, defeated Pickerington Central, D1 champ) - RedHawk89

Last edited:

algernonsidney

I will repost the questions here:

1) Which two teams have played the most playoff games against each other? Teams & number of games played please.

2) Which two teams have played the most playoff games against each other with one team winning every game? Teams & number of games played please.

3) Kirtland and New Bremen posted shutouts in their title game victories. MSML has posted the most playoff shutouts and title game shutouts but which team has suffered the most playoff game shutouts? Team and number of shutouts please.

4) Which team has played the most playoff games without suffering a shutout? Team and number please.

6) Other than MAC teams which public schools have managed the "Beat a Champ, Be a Champ" feat? Teams and year accomplished please.

Rangerfan

3) Kirtland and New Bremen posted shutouts in their title game victories. MSML has posted the most playoff shutouts and title game shutouts but which team has suffered the most playoff game shutouts? Team and number of shutouts please.

MAC:
Minster - 8
(Lost to Middletown Fenwick 3-0 in 1987)
(Lost to Archbold 20-0 in 1988)
(Lost to St. Henry 7-0 in 1992)
(Lost to St. Henry 7-0 in 1996)
(Lost to Delphos St. Johns 76-0 in 1999)
(Lost to Marion Local 42-0 in 2001)
(Lost to Marion Local 28-0 in 2011)
(Lost to Frankfort Adena 28-0 in 2020)

YTOWN

MAC:
Minster - 8
(Lost to Middletown Fenwick 3-0 in 1987)
(Lost to Archbold 20-0 in 1988)
(Lost to St. Henry 7-0 in 1992)
(Lost to St. Henry 7-0 in 1996)
(Lost to Delphos St. Johns 76-0 in 1999)
(Lost to Marion Local 42-0 in 2001)
(Lost to Marion Local 28-0 in 2011)
(Lost to Frankfort Adena 28-0 in 2020)
That is correct. Good job.

RedHawk89

6) 1973 Warren Western Reserve beat Akron St. Vincent 19-0 in regular season. Akron St. Vincent won the AA state title and Warren Western Reserve won the AAA state title.

RedHawk89

6) 20017 Trotwood Madison beat Pickerington Central 28-19 in regular season. Pickerington Central won the Division I state title and Trotwood Madison won the Divison III state title.

YTOWN

6) 1973 Warren Western Reserve beat Akron St. Vincent 19-0 in regular season. Akron St. Vincent won the AA state title and Warren Western Reserve won the AAA state title.
It was actually 1972 and WWR beat the Irish 36-20 but close enough for government work. :)
Mooney beat WWR in the AAA final in 73. It always amazed me that with only 12 teams in the entire state qualifying back then and only 3 state champions that two of them were in the same league.

6) 20017 Trotwood Madison beat Pickerington Central 28-19 in regular season. Pickerington Central won the Division I state title and Trotwood Madison won the Divison III state title.
Also correct. Great job.