Has Anyone Seen Fairmont in Person?

12penguins

I have and am willing to share some observations, but would prefer to read what others think of them.

I have and am willing to share some observations, but would prefer to read what others think of them.
saw the Northmont game. thought they were well coached. Fairmonts defensive line played well. especially the last series of the game when northmont had the ball. Baker is a very good RB. Number 8 RB gives them a good threat to the outside, where Baker is a slasher, I guess you could say. Fairmont DB made 2 great plays on passes to the end zone. The Northmont WRs are big, tall and fast. Fairmonts style of offense shortens the game and kept Northmont's offense on the sidelines. Miller is a good coach. a good hire for Fairmont. looks like the kids are buying into his program.

The D-line looks tough. The RB runs hard and the QB knows how the option works. Like was said above number 8 has speed. The O-line looked bigger overall than in past teams I have seen. The discipline will cause some teams to get penalties on defense with jumping off sides. They will wear defenses out by the end of the game with that offense. Looked to me with their style of play and personnel this year they will hang with any GWOC team even beat one or two of the favorites.

You can tell that the kids have bought into the coaching staff there. Very disciplined. Run run run, will run you to sleep. Drew Baker is a tough nose kid and a hard runner. And the quarterback has been a starter for 3 years so he knows the ins and outs of the playbook. Both offensive and defensive lines are big. And they do have a really good kicking game which can help in late game situations.

I watched the C-J game. Fairmont is big was my first takeaway. They were efficient on offense and ran the ball over through and around the Eagles. There wasn't much more to take away on offense, because C-J could not contain the fullback dive, which makes the option very difficult to defend and makes the offensive play-calling very easy for Fairmont. The Firebirds had very long drives (9+ minutes) that just controlled the game. Even had they been struggling on defense (they weren't) this ball/clock control would have made it difficult to beat them.

On defense I was surprised at the available gaps in their pass coverage. C-J failed to exploit those holes, but they were there. Fairmont is again big up front on defense, and their d-line gummed everything up allowing their linebackers to fly in and make tackles. But the Firebird CBs did not have a good time with CJ's WRs. And the safeties seemed to me to be out of position more than not. But when your nose tackle is in the backfield every other play, you just don't need to cover that well.

They'll be challenged by teams with bigger linemen and some good passing schemes that get the ball out of the QB's hands quickly.

I've seen them twice, the Trotwood and Northmont games. They've beaten 3 DIII teams with a combined record of 2-8, and Northmont. Northmont lost that game when the didn't run their 2 min offense efficiently at the end of the first half, then when they received the kickoff to start the second half,they were flat. They had the chance to go up 28-7,but they did not. Baker averages about 30 carries a game,hopefully the young man will stay healthy, #8 provides some good speed as an alternative to Baker. Yes,Fairmont is big,yes they run their offense to near perfection, I'm just not sold on them as a DI team poised to make a deep playoff run.

Looked like they was running a offense similar to Clinton Massie or Bishop Hartley. Maybe even Chardon. Idk , I’m not sure, I saw a few highlights.
With D1 kids.

Looked like they was running a offense similar to Clinton Massie or Bishop Hartley. Maybe even Chardon. Idk , I’m not sure, I saw a few highlights.
With D1 kids.
It's the same offense Miller ran when he had all the success up at Covington