Hamilton Badin/SWO D3

gostate03

Badin is now 20-2 and looks pretty good! Who is good in D3 in SWO? I don't know much about the other schools at all when it comes to softball so I am just trying to see who they will have to beat to advance in the tourney.

CNE is DIII.
Bloom-Carroll is DIII as well, but not sure if a SWO team would have to face them in regionals or in Akron.

Anyone have a link for the brackets? On the SWO site most of the other districts are posted but not D III at Monroe?

Brookville is solid and plays a mostly D2 schedule. Miqami East is D3 and pretty good. Versailles is also D3 and pretty good this year.

Badin's coach wasn't very smart in picking a spot on the bracket. Had they picked to play the first round game that leads to the team with the bye, they probably would have gotten to play the #14 and #13 seeds. In the spot they chose, they will have to play the #14 and #10 seeds.

Don't think it will matter

You never know how it is going to work out with the seeding set up like it is, I agree with you, but again it is not going to matter in this case.

Over Rated

Madison is best team in that sectional, Badin's schedule is super soft. They lost to the 3 best teams they played.

They would not play until regionals, who has Madison beat? I know nothing about them but they are listed at 15-6, and I am sure they did not play a better schedule than Badin

Madison is best team in that sectional, Badin's schedule is super soft. They lost to the 3 best teams they played.

I don't think you can knock Badin. Their three losses are to McAuley, Edgewood and Ursuline. Nothing to hang your head about if you were to lose to those three.

I understand they lost to 3 really good teams, but the rest of their schedule is suspect.
Madison is a very good hitting team, they beat a very good Ross team.

I understand they lost to 3 really good teams, but the rest of their schedule is suspect.
Madison is a very good hitting team, they beat a very good Ross team.
I don't know exactly how far in advanced schedules are made for any given team in any given year except league games are a must. With that being said I don't think any team has any control over how good the team in the other dugout is. As for Badin, I believe they scheduled every Division 1 team in the GGCL ( 6 games ) as well as 4 other games against Division 1 schools.

Badin is a very good team. If they win their sectional, they will have to face CNE in the district final. CNE is a great team with big game experience. This isn't Badin's year to make a run.

For what its worth Edgewood has played all 3 of the top DIII teams in this regional, Madison, Badin and CNE. For an eye test here is how I'd rate them.
1.) CNE - is the real deal. Will win district and advance to Wright State
2.) Madison - Impressive, Very good hitting, Easier road to District. Although Waynesville played them tough 4-3.
3.) Badin - Solid, Stuggles against strong pitching. Seton was a big win. Carlisle will be a tough game.

Last edited:
For what its worth Edgewood has played all 3 of the top DIII teams in this regional, Madison, Badin and CNE. For an eye test here is how I'd rate them.
1.) CNE - is the real deal. Will win district and advance to Wright State
2.) Madison - Impressive, Very good hitting, Easier road to District. Although Waynesville played them tough 4-3.
3.) Badin - Solid, Stuggles against strong pitching. Seton was a big win. Carlisle will be a tough game.
CNE has a very easy road to the district. What do you see happening in the Madison -vs- Waynesville game and the Badin -vs- Carlisle game ??? Two games that should could go either way.

Carlisle 10 runs - 9 hits -1 error
Badin 8 runs - 14 hits - 6 ERRORS { OUCH }

The errors killed Badin, and once they happened you could almost see them falling apart. Carlisle has a good team but all Badin had to do was make a couple defensive plays and they win this game pretty easy. But with that said all the credit in the world to Carlisle, they made the plays they had to and Badin did not. I am not that much into Softball but the future is looking very bright for the Rams of Badin, hard to swallow this one but excited for the future. Good luck to Carlisle the rest of the way.