* Eliminate the shift
* Curtail the relentless use of relievers
* Stop the exploitation of the disabled list
* Reduce schedule to 154 games
* Revolutionize the schedule
----Get rid of inter-league play
----Everyone plays the same schedule
----No more "rivalry games"
----Split the season into two seasons. First half and second half winners.

* Eliminate the shift
* Curtail the relentless use of relievers
* Stop the exploitation of the disabled list
* Reduce schedule to 154 games
* Revolutionize the schedule
----Get rid of inter-league play
----Everyone plays the same schedule
----No more "rivalry games"
----Split the season into two seasons. First half and second half winners.

154 games: Good
SHIFT: I am okay with doing something to curtail it.
Relivers less.....Eh.
You have to keep IL play. 154 games and there is no reason NOT to.

My scheduling change:
No more divisions, just the AL and the NL.

Balanced schedule in your league.
IL series with your rival.
Then you go to the similar system the NFL uses and you play where you are slotted. 5-5-5.

If you finish top 5 in 2018, you play IL against top 5 in the other in 2019.
6-10 vs 6-10 AL/NL.
11-15 vs 11-15.

Then you take the top teams in both leagues record wise for the postseason.

With a few tweaks this is what I would like to see.

The relentless use of relievers is quite frankly my least favorite part of baseball today. Zero flow to the game once the starter leaves. It's unwatchable at times. That, and time between pitches are by far the two most impactful changes baseball could make

My scheduling change:
No more divisions, just the AL and the NL.

I'm not sure any changes are necessary but if they were going to change one thing, I would prefer getting rid of divisions. Personally, I would go with top 4 teams from each league making the playoffs.

I know the most complaining right now is about the shift. That is something that I don't get. It is the one thing that has "evolved" in MLB. I enjoy watching the shift. If it gives you an advantage defensively, go for it. If it causes someone to struggle offensively, too bad. If a hitter couldn't hit the eephus pitch, I wouldn't expect MLB to make the eephus pitch illegal.

I'm not sure any changes are necessary but if they were going to change one thing, I would prefer getting rid of divisions. Personally, I would go with top 4 teams from each league making the playoffs.

I know the most complaining right now is about the shift. That is something that I don't get. It is the one thing that has "evolved" in MLB. I enjoy watching the shift. If it gives you an advantage defensively, go for it. If it causes someone to struggle offensively, too bad. If a hitter couldn't hit the eephus pitch, I wouldn't expect MLB to make the eephus pitch illegal.

Pete Rose is going to be in Van Wert Ohio Saturday night and was on a local radio show today.

He said if they had the shift when he played then he woulda had 6000 hits!

I am all getting rid of divisions. I stole my post from some pundit's idea a number of years ago.

I don't like watching the reds vs another division opponent so many times.

I don't know why some want to abolish IL play, other than some just being so old school.

Baseball is such an everyday sport. I watch/follow/listen to the reds games so naturally I know what is going on with them, and then with whom they play.

Many adults are too busy to get a full scope of MLB unlike other sports like the NFL. About the only time I get to see AL teams is, well, when the reds play them.

Keep IL play.

As for the shift....the NBA does have an illegal defense, or used to, so its not uncommon to have stipulations on a defense.

MLB cannot legislate where defenders need to play. For decades teams have shifted players to the strong side when pull hitters come up. CF moves to right center, etc. They play deeper against sluggers, and shallow against weak hitters. The shift is just smart baseball.

Dumb baseball is when stubborn hitters continue to try to pull the ball against the shift. Develop a little skill and take the bunt base hit down the 3rd base line a couple times, and they will not shift on you.

MLB cannot legislate where defenders need to play. For decades teams have shifted players to the strong side when pull hitters come up. CF moves to right center, etc. They play deeper against sluggers, and shallow against weak hitters. The shift is just smart baseball.

Dumb baseball is when stubborn hitters continue to try to pull the ball against the shift. Develop a little skill and take the bunt base hit down the 3rd base line a couple times, and they will not shift on you.

MLB doesn't want that to happen though.

They want to see the HR and bunting wont come back. Some defenses may even be happy to bait power hitters into a bunt. Still wont be as easy as you think to bunt for a hit.

MLB doesn't want that to happen though.

That's a shame. IMO, the most interesting players are the ones that will do whatever it takes to win. HRs are nice but I thought MLB was more interesting when every team had one great power hitter and the rest of the lineup was trying to set him up. Now MLB wants 1-9 to be power hitters.

There are always rumors about juicing up the baseballs. If that has ever been true, I would like to see them deaden the ball so contact hitters can make a comeback. That would force pitchers to go back to hitting spots instead of just trying to overpower hitters with big holes in their swings.

- 154 game season. Eliminate inter-league play, unless both leagues adopt the same rules.
- Keep the divisions, as is...but everyone play each team 11 times per season.
- I'm okay with keeping the division winners and the wild card game...BUT, home field in every series should go to the team with the better record.

That's a shame. IMO, the most interesting players are the ones that will do whatever it takes to win. HRs are nice but I thought MLB was more interesting when every team had one great power hitter and the rest of the lineup was trying to set him up. Now MLB wants 1-9 to be power hitters.

There are always rumors about juicing up the baseballs. If that has ever been true, I would like to see them deaden the ball so contact hitters can make a comeback. That would force pitchers to go back to hitting spots instead of just trying to overpower hitters with big holes in their swings.

Lower the mound. Worked after the dead ball era.

I understand the whole winning the division gets you the advantages but I think they need to change how the postseason is slotted.

100 win Yankees, 97 win A's (in tougher divisions) should not take a back seat to a 91 win team in a lesser division.

95 win cubs and 91 win Rocks should not take a backseat to a 90 win Atlanta team.

I am all for traditional and all, and sure guarantee winning the division gets you in but seed them accordingly.

Comes up in the NFL at times as well when a bad team wins the division and gets a home game.

Just does not jive for me.

I understand why baseball can do it, but for the Cubs/Brewers to play a 1 game to decide the division was to me just idiotic. I understand in baseball you can play everyday so can decide it that way but come one....Head to head doesn't mean anything?

Just doesn't add up for me this postseason. I hate the cubs and I am glad they are out and yeah, they win 1 more game their are golden but they should have received the division by head to head