Hake to Valley Christian

Reality is, good or bad, that winning will take care of everything. He’s a winner, he’s won before and intends on winning again. The fact of the matter is the ability to lead athletes on the field outweighs the previous issues. Winning, or the opportunity to win, is why the trigger was pulled. Again, they’ve been awful 2 years in a row and were average the year before that (5-6 I believe)

I’m gonna go do something productive now! I hope everyone stays healthy and safe from the tragedy that has affected all of us for the past 11 months! I’ll stop back to defend the next man who is the target of your negativity and harassment!

I don’t think anyone is saying anything that is untrue. I’ve seen the news clips and read the some of the comments of former players parents, so it’s not a matter of being uneducated....it’s a difference of opinion. If VC wants to hire him, I could care less. My opinion is that he should of had to miss more than a shortened covid season...I wonder if he still has his pupil activity certificate or if that was part of his suspension...if you get a chance ask him for us. ?

I’m gonna go do something productive now! I hope everyone stays healthy and safe from the tragedy that has affected all of us for the past 11 months! I’ll stop back to defend the next man who is the target of your negativity and harassment!
Harrassment. I think this guy is either Hake himself or related to him. Binky perhaps?

Not a bad man at all and very much entitled to your opinion! We can’t all be saints like Jaws who can do no wrong! I respect your opinion and am also 100% sure of mine! I don’t agree with what took place but understand making mistakes and learning from them! The bottom line is it happened, changes were made and comeback stories have to start with someone taking a chance! He is a football coach and not in the running for bishop anytime soon, therefor I believe when it comes to coaching football a second chance is warranted! I do not believe he is trying to teach which is the punishment he is currently serving for the mistake! Have a wonderful day!
Not a saint at all but I do have morals and a ethos that would prevent the notion of ever getting high in school. Some are willing to overlook what he did, not me.

Harrassment. I think this guy is either Hake himself or related to him. Binky perhaps?
There you go again Jaws, Uneducated guess! Your miss guided opinion is false but cute! You think I’m Hake and I think you’re a guy who is very bored and spends most of your free time which is 23 hours a day trying to find your place in life On a computer! See people like you are predictable... you sit around waiting for a story about someone else to pop off so that you have something to talk about for the day... it’s a sad way to live, but compared to the meaningful events in your own life it’s like Christmas morning! Merry Christmas! I’m glad I helped you have a meaningful day pal!

Last edited:
There you go again Jaws, Uneducated guess! Your miss guided opinion is false but cute! You think I’m Hake and I think you’re a guy who is very bored and spends most of your free time which is 23 hours a day trying to find your place in life On a computer! See people like you are predictable... you sit around waiting for a story about someone else to pop off so that you have something to talk about for the day... it’s a sad way to live, but compared to the meaningful events in your own life it’s like Christmas morning! Merry Christmas! I’m glad I helped you have a meaningful day pal!
The more you comment the more you look foolish. All I did was post about a job that got filled. Yes, I gave my opinion on it and guess what? The vast majority of people feel exactly as I do. If you think I sat around waiting you've got problems. I still think I'm pretty close to home with my guesses though. I mean who else but Hake himself or a close relative would be so defensive or butthurt over him being called out on his "mistake"?

The more you comment the more you look foolish. All I did was post about a job that got filled. Yes, I gave my opinion on it and guess what? The vast majority of people feel exactly as I do. If you think I sat around waiting you've got problems. I still think I'm pretty close to home with my guesses though. I mean who else but Hake himself or a close relative would be so defensive or butthurt over him being called out on his "mistake"?
I look foolish? Take a hard look in the mirror buddy! You actually couldn’t be further away from the truth but I would imagine that is in more than just this instance! Like I said Merry Christmas! Your opinion is one thing acting like you know somebody is another! Good luck in all your post as I know they mean so much to you! I hope you get the attention you so much desire! I will hop on and off occasionally just to make sure your weeks are fulfilled! Don’t want you to get bored! Love your third friend ever!

A 5 month program. For weed. Must have been tough ?. So he goes in, says what they want to hear, and POOF.....problem solved. Like it never happened??? Whatever. This wasn't a "lapse in judgement", this was a case of a guy doing drugs a short distance away from kids then going and "teaching" them. Here's a fair question. If he was just a teacher and not also a football coach, would he be hired again? I doubt it! Like I said before, there are plenty of hungry young coaches who deserve a HC position a LOT more than this tool! But whatever. Let him be a hypocrite! He better not contact 1 kid and try and convince them to enroll at YC! If he does, then I hope a member of the local press has the stones to call him out on it, since he loved to cry about that when he was at WR!

Last edited:
This is absolutely nuts. This is not a mistake. This was an asinine choice, made by a fool.
This will haunt Valley Christian.

Mike Pecchia must be an idiot!!!
My "Grammy" Award goes to, Andy Hake! In his fine work in the play..."The Con man in the Valley". Also, Valley isn't parochial. It's a Christian school.

Guy doesn't deserve to ever coach anywhere again.... His ego is bigger then he is, he is a jerk, and as you seen at WR in the bathroom, he puts himself first....
Excellent point! But, Don't you think Bill Bohren did the same at Mathews? Five games away from 300? Some coaches seem to be more about themselves.

Excellent point! But, Don't you think Bill Bohren did the same at Mathews? Five games away from 300? Some coaches seem to be more about themselves.
That's unfair to say about Bohren. I genuinely think he LOVES coaching and being around kids. The 300-wins thing, while it probably is important to him, wasn't Item-A as to why he took the job. I don't know this for sure, but a few years back, he had an opportunity to be somewhat of a Quasi-HC of a program just so he could get to his 300 wins and he turned it down.

Also, I don't feel like going back and reading the whole thread again, but whoever said "if you think this was his first time..." hit the nail on the head. Think about how many times you wrote notes to that girl in 7th grade. Then your Girlfriend finally found out and you swore up and down the hall that you were sorry and wouldn't do it again. Yeah Mr. Hake, you're sorry. You're sorry you finally got caught.

I'm all for 2nd chances. This one seems to have come a lot faster than most expected though. Regardless, its a done deal. Give him 2 years and they will be competing for an EOAC title. He knows how to motivate and win games, there is no denying that. I am curious to see if he tones down his MAGA/alt right personal beliefs. This does seem to be a square peg in a round hole in terms of political ideaology. If he can compartmentalize, and leave that stuff outside of football, he has a chance to be very successful. I didn't see them play firsthand this past year, but have heard from various sources that they were unorganized and should have been better than they were. Here's his chance to make them a winner. Curious to see how this plays out.

Not a bad man at all and very much entitled to your opinion! We can’t all be saints like Jaws who can do no wrong! I respect your opinion and am also 100% sure of mine! I don’t agree with what took place but understand making mistakes and learning from them! The bottom line is it happened, changes were made and comeback stories have to start with someone taking a chance! He is a football coach and not in the running for bishop anytime soon, therefor I believe when it comes to coaching football a second chance is warranted! I do not believe he is trying to teach which is the punishment he is currently serving for the mistake! Have a wonderful day!
Coach Hake, is that you?

I'm all for 2nd chances. This one seems to have come a lot faster than most expected though. Regardless, its a done deal. Give him 2 years and they will be competing for an EOAC title. He knows how to motivate and win games, there is no denying that. I am curious to see if he tones down his MAGA/alt right personal beliefs. This does seem to be a square peg in a round hole in terms of political ideaology. If he can compartmentalize, and leave that stuff outside of football, he has a chance to be very successful. I didn't see them play firsthand this past year, but have heard from various sources that they were unorganized and should have been better than they were. Here's his chance to make them a winner. Curious to see how this plays out.

most coaches I’ve talked to (yes I’m an area coach) assumed he’d get one, just not this quick and not at VC. Heard Boardman was interested but there was a lot of push against him from people in the administration and boosters. He said it would of been an uphill fight at Boardman from day 1.

most coaches I’ve talked to (yes I’m an area coach) assumed he’d get one, just not this quick and not at VC. Heard Boardman was interested but there was a lot of push against him from people in the administration and boosters. He said it would of been an uphill fight at Boardman from day 1.

I never doubted he would. Happened faster than I expected though.

I've been watching VCS play for the last 8 years. Yep, some talent but disorganized. Last 2 years very frustrating to watch. Wouldn't be suprised if they competed this year for a title in the EOAC. Only true blowout loss was Southern Local.
I stated earlier that I believe he will check his MAGA down. But VCS is not some alt left knee taking national anthem place. So as long he doesnt wear his politics on his sleeve this should ge a non factor. What may be a factor if there would be an influx of players. They have gotten a few kids here and there who wanted PT. But the numbers overall have been around 30 on the squad, give or take a few. Curious to see if that goes up, either by outside sources or recruiting the halls

I've been watching VCS play for the last 8 years. Yep, some talent but disorganized. Last 2 years very frustrating to watch. Wouldn't be suprised if they competed this year for a title in the EOAC. Only true blowout loss was Southern Local.
I stated earlier that I believe he will check his MAGA down. But VCS is not some alt left knee taking national anthem place. So as long he doesnt wear his politics on his sleeve this should ge a non factor. What may be a factor if there would be an influx of players. They have gotten a few kids here and there who wanted PT. But the numbers overall have been around 30 on the squad, give or take a few. Curious to see if that goes up, either by outside sources or recruiting the halls

I agree with all of this. I'd imagine he would prefer to stay at d7 level.

His biggest task will be getting the kids to believe they can win. Talent is available, getting them to buy in is key.

I agree that VC can compete for a EOAC championship this year. But unless he has a coach or 2 on staff that teaches in the school, I don’t know how he can roam the halls to get kids to go out for football.
Might be more of a build it and let them come situation. Also might get a few more kids to play if there’s more excitement and enthusiasm around the program...

Other than Southern Local, the schedule shouldn’t be too tough. I imagine Leetonia will be good again because of Hulea, but they lost a ton of talent. I’m not very familiar with the EOAC.

Other than Southern Local, the schedule shouldn’t be too tough. I imagine Leetonia will be good again because of Hulea, but they lost a ton of talent. I’m not very familiar with the EOAC.
Southern will be pre season favorites. Hulea has brought Leetonia from the dregs, but they lose a lot. They'll take a couple of steps back. For United it all depends if they have a QB who can sling it like Ogilve Jr. VCS should go from 6th place to top three in 21. That being said we know region 25 doesn't take much points to get in the playoffs. VCS made it in 17 and 18 with a 5-5 record.
I think there is 1 coach currently on staff who teaches. But it's still a school with limited boys. It's not like there are multiple 6'3" 230 lbers walking the halls aimlessly